H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

I'm about to make the order for 2006 H2. It will be bought from somewhere Texas (other locations could be thought of too), local dealer that is. My question is in general do the dealers have the motivation and knowledge to install Magnuson superchargers and do the needed tranny upgrades? From the experience how much do they charge for these.

I can see the Magnuson SC's go for like about $5k online, but how much dealers charge for them? Or would it be better to get one from online store and have it shipped to the dealer, which then would charge just for the installation only?

Thank you guys!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

I'm about to make the order for 2006 H2. It will be bought from somewhere Texas (other locations could be thought of too), local dealer that is. My question is in general do the dealers have the motivation and knowledge to install Magnuson superchargers and do the needed tranny upgrades? From the experience how much do they charge for these.

I can see the Magnuson SC's go for like about $5k online, but how much dealers charge for them? Or would it be better to get one from online store and have it shipped to the dealer, which then would charge just for the installation only?

Thank you guys!
Old 11-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hey Thoumas
Where to Buy the SC would depend on Your dealers unwritten rule about whether or not He will warranty the SC.

If You by and take it to Him He will be glad to install at around $1000 to $1200. But, He may say that since you did not buy it from Him It will not be warranted.

If You by the SC from Him it will be covered but, will still cost about $1000 to install. But You may pay as much as $2000 more for the SC. I got lucky My dealer is so performance oriented He said do it Yourself if something goes wrong I got Your back on engine and drivetrain. He knows the quality we will do on an install. WE will take longer to instsall one than most because the shop Boss will not let anyone but, Himself install a SC or Turbo kit. We will even try to schedule it on a 3 day period where He will work on it every night when it is quiet and know one to bother Him except one of us will stay and help be goffers. He will not let Us touch the install. In this situation 3 nights and 4 hours each when He could really do it in 5 to 6 hours maybe 4 if He wanted to. If not that schedule He will ask for it for a full Saturday and use all day to install. It cost just the same even if He takes twice the time that is charged for which is around $1000 sometimes down to $600 to $800 on other cars.

So it depends on the dealers attitude.

The tranny You have will be just fine. Take the torque management out of it. Go to all synthetic in engine and tranny. The transfer and rear dif already are synthetic oil.
Klaus is still running his factory tranny last i heard for almost 3 years now with a SC.

Thoumas how will You have Your warranty in general be handled if rig is in Helsinki?

Do You have a dealer there?

If not PM Me about a good dealer and He may treat You the same as Me if Our guy installed it. I'm friends with the service manager and could find out with a phone call Monday.

I have Your last PM and will get back to you Sunday. If You have more go ahead and send Me another and I'll address more questions when i answer You on the one I'm sitting on.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Also W1N, when you get a chance, post some pics!

Sorry, just had to say it!
Old 11-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
Also W1N, when you get a chance, post some pics!

Sorry, just had to say it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, that's harsh

I'd like to take those pics more than you'd like see them
Old 11-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

I believe that man!
Old 11-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ:

Thoumas how will You have Your warranty in general be handled if rig is in Helsinki?

Do You have a dealer there?

TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, officially warranty is out. No can do, but if I want one, I'll just have to live with that. But, there is actually two options for me to follow:

1) Buy one from a local import company that sells H2's. By law they must offer some sort of warranty.

2) Buy one my self, have it shipped etc.

Benefit of the number 1 is that I just sit back and wait them to get me one. Benefit of the number 2 is that I'll get to choose the dealer, who will hopefully do all the SC installation with right attitude and so forth, right. Plus this option will be $8,500 cheaper (depending on the price the dealer is willing to sell and in this area I might have few questions for ).

We have a bunch GM dealers, who service Hummers, but also have smaller shops that do that as well. There is a Official Hummer dealer in Estonia, which is like a 5 hour ferry ride from here.

Do you say that if I want to go up like 8 psi from the 5-6psi it will be alright to run stock tranny? Wouldn't it be safer to atleast have a corvette servo to be safe than sorry?
Is the Magnuson SC designed to do 8 to 12 psi and does it affect the warranty?

You know, I'm still hoping I could get really low on the 0-60 numbers, with SC, HPTUNERS, headers, exhaust and air. If you say I can get the +500hp with using the tuners additional to SC and others I'm still hoping I could get down to 7's in the 0-60 run, if the LPE is doing like 6.3s

You have PM there waiting, so when ever you have time I would glad to hear from you.

Do you guys offer Brembo's (Gran Turismos) and Magnuson SC for 2006?

Thanks,

-Thomas-