H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

signals34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I ordered my H-3 before the price increase, and my truck just came in ....so does the dealer have to give me the price when I ordered the truck or the price when it came in....all were talking about in increase is the sunroof, up 150.00 and the adventure pkg., up 350.00. Does anyone know what the dealer has to do legally.....
Old 10-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBeebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by signals34:
I ordered my H-3 before the price increase, and my truck just came in ....so does the dealer have to give me the price when I ordered the truck or the price when it came in....all were talking about in increase is the sunroof, up 150.00 and the adventure pkg., up 350.00. Does anyone know what the dealer has to do legally..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you put a deposit on it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes... a deposit was put on it and it was a special order because I wanted a 5-speed man. and they had none on the lot...
Old 10-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

I ordered my H-3 before the price increase, and my truck just came in ....so does the dealer have to give me the price when I ordered the truck or the price when it came in....all were talking about in increase is the sunroof, up 150.00 and the adventure pkg., up 350.00. Does anyone know what the dealer has to do legally.....
Old 10-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that makes perfect sense and you are still covered in the fact that you do not have to accept the deal with the increases. Again, not an expert, but don't they set an date when the increases go up? For example, any vehicle ordered before 10/12 will be this price and after will be this price no matter the delivery date.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-11-2005, 08:15 PM

trading13 is off the scale

I ordered mine on Sept 16th because I'd read on here about the increases. My dealer is giving me the price of before the increase. I ordered the 5 spd too with the lux and offroad and he wanted to make sure I wanted it because he emphasized it would be very difficult to move if I changed my mind. (My dep is refundable.) So you might want to consider that if he starts trying to raise the price on you, he may just be trying to see what he can get.

Either way you ordered it before the increase you should tell him you know that. And he SHOULD give you that price. I dunno that hes obligated too though. Good luck
Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3ProspectKy is off the scale

Good luck tomorrow signals34, but most of all...CONGRATULATIONS on your new H3! Enjoy.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 PM

J from the D is off the scale

The price increase is from GM, not the dealerships. But as long as the order was placed before the increase, you should be fine.

The dealerships can and will change the price according to what the GMS (employee) price or MSRP comes out to be... the idea of car sales is to get it done "today." I forewarn all of my customers, that all prices and rates are good thru the end of the month... NO LONGER. Your best leverage is to be ready NOW.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

is this a dealer's price increase, or actually on the msrp label? if on the msrp, the document you signed when ordering might actually have a statement about the dealer not being responsible for a price increase from the manufacturer. some dealers will try and make more by saying it was increased...
Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by signals34:
I ordered my H-3 before the price increase, and my truck just came in ....so does the dealer have to give me the price when I ordered the truck or the price when it came in....all were talking about in increase is the sunroof, up 150.00 and the adventure pkg., up 350.00. Does anyone know what the dealer has to do legally..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you put a deposit on it?
Old 10-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

He should stand by what he quoted you in first place.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

FJD is an unknown quantity at this point

On the back of my agreement:
"MANUFACTURER'S PRICE INCREASE. The Manufacturer has reserved the right to change the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles without notice. In the event the price to Dealer of the new motor vehicle ordered by Customer is changed by Manufacturer prior to its delivery to Customer, Dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivery price to Customer. If the cash delivery price, or monthly lease payment, in the event Customer has advised Dealer of his election to lease, is increased by Dealer, Customer may, if dissatisfied with the higher figure, cancel this Order"

I'm in the same boat. Ordered mine 9/6 and am not expecting delivery until 11/21. I'm anticipating any price increases will be pushed down to me.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow...I pick up my new H-3 tomorrow ,Wed. the 12th.....
Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am by no means an expert here but if you have a signed document that includes the price of the vehicle with the options you ordered, I don't see how the dealer would have a leg to stand on if trying to change the price. If they try to pull something like that then get your full deposit back and walk away. Go to a dealer that will honor the price they give you.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-08-2005, 10:52 PM

Surferjo is off the scale

If you signed anything (usually accompanied with a deposit) the dealer is bound by that price. Due to the fact that it was GM’s MSRP at the time.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Surferjo:
If you signed anything (usually accompanied with a deposit) the dealer is bound by that price. Due to the fact that it was GM’s MSRP at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Si, read your paperwork. If you have the same doc I had, they cannot change the price on the vehicle # you signed for.