H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2forMe is off the scale

This is for new 05 H2 owners. As you know the H2 now comes with the Spare Tire Carrier standard. Since the tire it's outside now, it would make sense to have a "full" size cargo mat. Well my new H2 has the "old" mat, the 3/4 size one which looks ridiculous since it does not cover the whole cargo area.

Is this supposed to be like this? I mean if there is a design change, shouldn't I get a full cargo mat, not the one that came with models that had the spare tire on the inside?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 08:46 PM
mstams

What did they do with the old spare tire holder inside? Did they just use the same replacement bracket that comes in the SMA rear carrier add-on kit? I've wondered about that since I first heard about the new factory rear tire carrier option.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

SoonerBoarder is off the scale

I second the Husky. I cut the holes out for my 3rd seat and it works like a charm.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale

I got an 'early' '05 as your calling it...mine has the one touch express sunroof ( unless I'm missing something here - one hit and it opens...? )...I didn't get the rear tire carrier...but to be honest, while I like the 'look' of the tire carrier ( mostly the license plate holder )...the SMA one I installed, is easy to take off and put on ( local driving / long distance )... my $.02

I still wish the rear window rolled down ( kinda like the old Broncos ) that way my pups could drool all over the ass-clowns that think riding my ass will make me go anything but SLOWER
Old 07-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2forMe is off the scale

This is for new 05 H2 owners. As you know the H2 now comes with the Spare Tire Carrier standard. Since the tire it's outside now, it would make sense to have a "full" size cargo mat. Well my new H2 has the "old" mat, the 3/4 size one which looks ridiculous since it does not cover the whole cargo area.

Is this supposed to be like this? I mean if there is a design change, shouldn't I get a full cargo mat, not the one that came with models that had the spare tire on the inside?

Thanks
Old 07-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Spencer nothing personal here but, to imply early 05 owners are less fortunate, which i understand the pun and fun but, My early 05 has been adapted for express sunroof quite easily with an electronics gadget that Jonahs found for Us. As far as the rear tire carrier i mentioned i took mine out and would have taken off the rear mount as it does nothing for the looks of the ride unless a true off roader and they go for the most part with a high quality roof rack that holds their tires and gear etc.
I know You have not seen My Mall Queen but, I will up date My Pics in around 30 days. But, KenP, Dennis, PhilD, and some others know that My rig is quite far from being less fortunate.
I forgot but, You can get matts with 3rd seat floor holes already there in plastic or carpet.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 07-21-2005, 06:58 PM

glennc is off the scale

I bought an '05 about a month ago. It too has the factory, external spare tire rack. I bought the Husky cargo mat, under-the-spare tire model. It is full size for the area and fits perfectly. I highly recommend it.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:22 PM

Spenser is off the scale

Hey, unless you are one of the less fortunate ones who bought one of the early 05 models without the outside carrier, or the one touch express open on the sunroof, etc.

Spenser
2005 Stealth Gray H2 SUV
Old 07-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

...one would think so!

I have often wondered the same thing. Guess we just have to go out and buy the after-market mat.

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv