H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

So, I've been patiently waiting for a definitive date on either A) the H2 Duramax, or B) an H2 Alpha with a newer engine. At this point, I'm not holding my breath on a redesign(haven't heard any more whispers about it through the grapevine). I walked into my dealer's(Vic Alfonso Cadillac/Hummer) showroom today and took a peak at the new Escalade. Decent Luxury rig, but definitely not my style(boyeee). But what caught my attention, and got me to thinking, was the new engine - 6.2L 403hp V8, 13/19mpg.
It shouldn't be too much drama to put that drive train in a new '06 H2, should it? As long as there's no major wiring harness issues, that is. Should be same dimensions and attachment points.
Any techies have any insight into this?
Old 02-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Yeah, yeah... I know there's going to be some electronics issues(hopefully none that can't be easily solved). And I know I could get the same or better horsepower from any number of engine mods(stroking, supercharging, etc). But what I was getting at is that the new 6.2 is a much more solid performer with a 6 speed tranny and will get better MPG.
I don't want a HP monster, as I've seen too many component failures with that route. I just want a few more ponies without going directly to the land of potential breakage.

I'm wondering if I can get someone to pull a couple of strings to special order this from GM if I was willing to pay the $$$? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If money isn't an issue, go with the 8.0l 502 cu inch monster. No need for a blower or turbo. No replacement for displacement. It's going to have a lot more similar electrical systems than the 6.2/6speed combo
Old 02-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dewi2005:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
I think a Drty bumper would look pretty cool on an Escalade </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen posts on the DRTY winch bumper, but cant find details on where to purchase etc.. anyone know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Drty winch bumper is a myth. It's crafty photo chopping at best. The pics that have been posted were created by some guy in Canada. notice all the pics are on Pewter trucks...except one desert sand sut. I think LOOTIE was part of this faux bumper conspiracy.
For more information on these photchops, send Drtyfn a PM. He may have some info on them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very Crafty photo work!! Had me fooled!!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Planohummer:
If money isn't an issue, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If money isn't an issue, get a H1 Alpha, then you'll have a proper Hummer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BOOYA!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Hummer Expert

ZigsRig is off the scale

IF $$$ isnt an issue... Check this out!

CLICKY FOR DURAMAX H2
Old 02-27-2006, 01:52 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If money isn't an issue, go with the 8.0l 502 cu inch monster. No need for a blower or turbo. No replacement for displacement. It's going to have a lot more similar electrical systems than the 6.2/6speed combo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with ya on that. If you're going to go with anything, step up to a big block.

The problem I see is the suggested mileage DRTY's looking at on the Caddy won't be realistic on an H2.

With the weight and gear ratio on an H2, I think the mpg won't vary that much. (perhaps an extra mile or two to the gallon...if lucky)

IMO

Mark
Old 02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Agreed-Plus the fun in modding a rig is cause enough to get creative.

As far as the breakage comment, I agree for a warrantied unit, but for the uncovered, a full on build would be the hot setup. (Hint hint)

btw, how long is an 05's warranty period?

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 02-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

So, I've been patiently waiting for a definitive date on either A) the H2 Duramax, or B) an H2 Alpha with a newer engine. At this point, I'm not holding my breath on a redesign(haven't heard any more whispers about it through the grapevine). I walked into my dealer's(Vic Alfonso Cadillac/Hummer) showroom today and took a peak at the new Escalade. Decent Luxury rig, but definitely not my style(boyeee). But what caught my attention, and got me to thinking, was the new engine - 6.2L 403hp V8, 13/19mpg.
It shouldn't be too much drama to put that drive train in a new '06 H2, should it? As long as there's no major wiring harness issues, that is. Should be same dimensions and attachment points.
Any techies have any insight into this?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Buff is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Yeah, yeah... I know there's going to be some electronics issues(hopefully none that can't be easily solved). And I know I could get the same or better horsepower from any number of engine mods(stroking, supercharging, etc). But what I was getting at is that the new 6.2 is a much more solid performer with a 6 speed tranny and will get better MPG.
I don't want a HP monster, as I've seen too many component failures with that route. I just want a few more ponies without going directly to the land of potential breakage.

I'm wondering if I can get someone to pull a couple of strings to special order this from GM if I was willing to pay the $$$? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could probably get a long block from Mercury Marine.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dewi2005:
I think a Drty bumper would look pretty cool on an Escalade </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen posts on the DRTY winch bumper, but cant find details on where to purchase etc.. anyone know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Drty winch bumper is a myth. It's crafty photo chopping at best. The pics that have been posted were created by some guy in Canada. notice all the pics are on Pewter trucks...except one desert sand sut. I think LOOTIE was part of this faux bumper conspiracy.
For more information on these photchops, send Drtyfn a PM. He may have some info on them.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2_SUT_SC:
That'd be sick. Supercharged that thing will be pushing close to 600HP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would get the same results with a blower/turbo application in the current 6.0L thats in the H2 now. Throw in 8-10lbs of boost with, and this is the important part, forged internals.

Although the new 6.2 is a nice piece, even in a totalled unit, it is going to be some major scratch to obtain. Add in a PCM to current H2 electronics interface,custon transmission adaptation, reconfig of the driveline due to the extra tranny size and you have a nightmare.

Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 02-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Hummer Professional

Drty-

Other than the agreed upon coolness of having that particular engine, any one of the LS1,LS-7 crates would give the over 400BHP hi-po numbers while significantly easing intallation. I have a kegger of Shiner on the fact that after the 6-speed install is completed and wired right, mileage will still be pitifull at best. Maybe an increase of 10%, or 1.2 MPG. I think the adjustable displacement to be a better route.

Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 02-23-2006, 01:12 AM

yodawagon is off the scale

i always wondered why they didnt use the cadillac motor in the past H2s. it has more HP and torque.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

But what caught my attention, and got me to thinking, was the new engine - 6.2L 403hp V8, 13/19mpg.
It shouldn't be too much drama to put that drive train in a new '06 H2, should it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
dman i just Tea bagged myself.... I kinda like the sound of that 403
Old 02-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Planohummer:
I'd be more interested in what's actually different from the 6.0 to the 6.2. If it's just a bigger bore engine, then some machine work on the 6.0 along with a different throttle body would probably get you close. While you're boring the engine, do some cylinder head tweaking and that 400 horse might be pretty tame. From everything I've seen, the 6.0 will handle plenty of horsepower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The new 6.2 is significantly different than the 6.0. The 6.2's heads are based loosely upon the LS7 heads from the new Z06 with rectangular ports and an offset valvetrain including the rockers. It'd be better to just build a 6.2 from the start but not worry about stuff like the 6-speed and Displacement-on-Demand of the new motors. A decent tuner should be able to use LS1 Edit or something similar to tune the motor without the need to swap the harness and ECM.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

What is this obsession with ultra high HP in an offroad rig? High horsepower gas engines will get you broke, plain and simple. Ask KenP.

Just hold your penii and wait for the Dmax, its coming, it has too.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 02-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Did you catch the fact that the Escalade also has a new 6 speed automatic trans? You'd have to swap engine, trans, PCM, to start. I'd be more interested in what's actually different from the 6.0 to the 6.2. If it's just a bigger bore engine, then some machine work on the 6.0 along with a different throttle body would probably get you close. While you're boring the engine, do some cylinder head tweaking and that 400 horse might be pretty tame. From everything I've seen, the 6.0 will handle plenty of horsepower.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask the flaming a**hole above

'03 H2
Old 02-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

That'd be sick. Supercharged that thing will be pushing close to 600HP.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Hummer Messiah

I'm wondering if I can get someone to pull a couple of strings to special order this from GM if I was willing to pay the $$$?