H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have issues when putting your H3 into reverse? I am stopping in 3rd. Come to a complete stop and than move gear into R. And step on the gas and it will hesitate and sputter twice every single time.

Anyone?
Old 01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Hummer Guru

Anyone have issues when putting your H3 into reverse? I am stopping in 3rd. Come to a complete stop and than move gear into R. And step on the gas and it will hesitate and sputter twice every single time.

Anyone?
Old 01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Hummer Professional

StarsnBars is off the scale

Is it the motor sputtering or more of a tranny slip? When I first got mine on a cold start in park the truck would slightly lurch when it first started,Only happened a couple times and havent had it do it for months. Felt like tranny fluid was low but checked out O.K. Not sure if it just needed a break in or what. If it just started doin it theres a good chance your getting a mech. failure somewhere. I would line up a service call with your area dealer.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

Me too...Not a big deal, but it does it.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:04 AM

trebor is off the scale

The other thread was about my H3.

The key was that it did it all the time and either going from reverse to drive or drive to reverse, while coming to a complete stop.

Since the trans has been replace we have put about 3500 miles on it with no shudder or miss upon gear change.

After visiting with the trans tech it seems the computer gets the reading from the trans to see if the pump pressure has dropped enough, if not it shudders. In our case, we were told, the pump pressure would not drop so it would do it every time you changed gears. The tech felt like it was either a piece of trash from manufacture or a solenoid that was sticking.

And as I said since we got it back we have not had any other issues with the trans or engine.
H3-Boulder Gray, Ebony Leather, Lux Pkg, Off Road Pkg, Auto, Power Sunroof, Chrome Pkg, XM, Brush Guard, Trailer Pkg, Rocker Panel Protection, Removable Assist Steps, Painted Hard Tire Cover, Chrome Fuel Door
Other 4x4s:
1997 Wrangler
2003 Expedit
Old 01-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

TexasRTR78 is off the scale

timgco, I don't really know if this thread will help you out...just thought you could read it and see

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2706067735/m/5...311069441#5311069441
Old 01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

ketcat is off the scale

My H3 shudders when shifted from reverse to drive or drive to reverse. In fact, it will do it unless I wait about 3 seconds after I put it in gear. So that means complete stop, shift to reverse / drive and wait a couple of seconds before I touch the gas or it will shudder until I lift off the gas and wait another second or so. The dealer looked at it and said the TPS was out of range so they replaced it. Trans still shudders and now I have a rough idle. I am waiting for a BCM to supposedly fix the SVC TPM issue so they will look at it in a few weeks when the part arrives. That is if the BCM arrives, they say it’s on back order until July 17 2006 so they are trying to get one from the assembly line.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure, but maybe it's this.

Here is the Bulletin- it is a normal condition to protect the transmission:

Engine Miss on Acceleration After Shifting from Drive to Reverse - Possible Characteristic - keywords 1 abuse accel accelerate cut cutoff cylinder fuel hesitate hesitation in management misfire normal #PIP3485 - (Jul 1, 2005)
Engine Miss on Acceleration After Shifting From Drive to Reverse - Possible Characteristic
2005-2006 Chevrolet Colorado

2005-2006 GMC Canyon

2006 Hummer H3

with an Automatic Transmission

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A brief engine miss may be experienced if the transmission is shifted from drive to reverse and then accelerated when the vehicle is still moving in a forward direction. If monitored with a Tech 2, it may be noted that a few engine misfires are present on cylinder 1 during the concern. It may also be noted that other vehicles in new car inventory exhibit the same concern. This is the result of a torque limiting feature to prevent transmission damage.

Also a lot people with the "dragging brakes" are actually feeling the All Wheel Drive operation. It's the same feeling as driving a truck in 4 wheel drive on dry pavement.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Hummer Guru

thanks for the posts.

mine only does it in Reverse and you had to be in drive first. If I ride the brake a little, it doesn't so it at all. I'll have the dealer check it next time it's in there, but I think it's normal after your posts.
thanks again.