H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It finally happened

we have been successful/lucky everytime with a winch and pullpal..
Old 02-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

a winch with a pull pal is the best way to get a stuck rig out.
Im going to buy a 16 to 18 ft camper with a budget of around $10,000 I dont want to spend $600 + on a winch setup and $300 for a pull pal knowing I would almost never need to use it.(I mostly do moderate wheeling and wouldnt have got stuck if I backed off and repositioned for another futile atempt at pullin a dead rig out.
I also have a good sence when to back off (usually due to the steps)
Also I dont think I can tap in anymore wires on my battery without putting in a 2nd battery.
I already have a 10 gauge going to the trailer plug,A 12 gauge to the onboard compressor,a 14/16 ? gauge going to my under hood light,a 14 gauge going to my airhorn.
No room for a monster wire to power a winch.
For $145 (including shipping )the bag looks good for a emergency and will stow easy under my doggie bed if I take out 1 pillow.

Dam I pay $145 for a nice dinner and drinks for 4 people, Ill skip a night out for a seafood bouillabaisse (Mmmm)and a few tequila sunrises.
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Field Scout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
:
Also I dont think I can tap in anymore wires on my battery without putting in a 2nd battery.
I already have a 10 gauge going to the trailer plug,A 12 gauge to the onboard compressor,a 14/16 ? gauge going to my under hood light,a 14 gauge going to my airhorn.
No room for a monster wire to power a winch.
For $145 (including shipping )the bag looks good for a emergency and will stow easy under my doggie bed if I take out 1 pillow.

Dam I pay $145 for a nice dinner and drinks for 4 people, Ill skip a night out for a seafood bouillabaisse (Mmmm)and a few tequila sunrises.

lol with all that stuff, you may need a bigger altenator, and by the way whens dinner sounds delicious
Old 02-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field Scout
lol with all that stuff, you may need a bigger altenator, and by the way whens dinner sounds delicious

La Casa Cafe (on the water )is closed till april they only use to close for January..The bouillabaisse has clams, steamers, mussles , sea scallops, in a seafood stock over linguine.

I think I read the H3 has a 120 amp alt.The alpha's is more ,I could find the original tread.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Fourfourto .. we won't be able to compare that rear groan sound in our H3's anymore. I traded my H3 in for a new 2008 Graystone Metallic H2 yesterday. I loved the H3 .. but the H2 was always what I had hoped for. By the way, the pics of your H3 here look great.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3
Fourfourto .. we won't be able to compare that rear groan sound in our H3's anymore. I traded my H3 in for a new 2008 Graystone Metallic H2 yesterday. I loved the H3 .. but the H2 was always what I had hoped for. By the way, the pics of your H3 here look great.

Congrats
I'll keep a eye out in the H2 pic section.
Tell us your opinions on the diferences,
Im sure you will freqent the H3 section,seems most H2 owners do
Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Hummer Expert

blindzebra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey a couple easy tips for beach wheeling that you might already know but others might not.

MacGyver #1. If you get stuck in deep sand with no shovel, you can take your floor mats out and flip them upside down(Carpet side down). Then jam them under the front of your wheels. then put it in 4 low 1st and give it just enough gas to start sucking the mats under your wheels. It won't be long until the friction between the carpet and the sand is great than what it takes it pull yourself out, as it acts like a flexible ramp. Floormats are not preferred for usually, but they will always work in a pinch. If you want to come prepared, bring along 4 strips of 1 foot wide 4 feet long of HD cheap carpet.

MacGyver #2. If you don't have floor mats and no carpet, but do happen to have a couple coke bottles lying around the truck, go fill them with water from the ocean. Dump a the equivilent of 2-3 gallons around the tires and let it seap in. Wet sand is denser and more inclined to stick to itself rather than split and spin out the back. If at first you spin out, well you need more water! Sounds stupid, but this your best skitouttaluck trick to bring with you.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:08 AM
Hummer Guru

The water trick sounds good but if your on the frame it wont work.
I only would use the carpet/mats if the ocean was going to overtake me.