H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
What problem is there with the RubberDuck UCP? I have it on mine, albeit an H1, and it is VERY heavy duty and well made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>From a few pics I remember seeing, the same as the stock UCP. It bends up in the wrong places and is only slightly beefier than stock. Once bent up, round tubing UCP has weakened and no longer holds it's strength. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stock UCP may be tubing, but the RD product is solid bar stock and doesn't bend very easily if at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not unless he changed it. I think it even said it was 1" tubing on his website.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

count me in if Neil's open to a group purchase or a possible group discount. or is he not set up to do mass production? 18 months seams a bit long to wait for a product that's already been threw R&D
Old 11-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Oguy is off the scale

I am getting close to being ready to mass produce, but not there yet. If others are willing to wait for my equipment it is only fair to offer a group purchase/discount. but I am not quite there yet. Sorry
Old 12-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Banned

The great Shaggy spotting.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Oguy is off the scale

Sure I knew, I don't mind it's not like it shows that I am a bad driver, or does it

we will have to talk again about the difference I am a little fuzzy on it. or we can just talk about it when you come down to get your new front and rear bumper!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Oguy:
Sure I knew, I don't mind it's not like it shows that I am a bad driver, or does it

we will have to talk again about the difference I am a little fuzzy on it. or we can just talk about it when you come down to get your new front and rear bumper! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not going to happen, snapperhead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Oguy:
or we can just talk about it when you come down to get your new front and rear bumper! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Someone would kill me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And no one would ever find you.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

So, to summarize......

The only options:
(1) Get some crappy Rubber Duck stuff
(2) Wait 18 months for a custom from Neil?

Is that all?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Screw your underbody protection Alan.

Where the hell is my rear winch bumper DRTY???

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
So, to summarize......

The only options:

Is that all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you should buy some larger tires first. Than you won't hit as hard. And don't let Shaggy spot you either; That should help a lot.

I still remmeber in Moab that Finally's Rubber Duck UCP was falling off. It held up well (I think) excpet the factory mounting points were stripping out.

Neil, when's the H3 UC stuff coming out? Will the H35 be out by than?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

My Rubberduck UCP is 1" SOLID STEEL. Trust me when I said it's tough as hell cause I had a hell of a time trying to straigthened it (using Drty's method of turning it upside down on a 4x4 and driving over it). I drove over it at least 10x, and when I put it back on, I got MAYBE 1/4" clearance.

Btw, this was the first time I had to straightened it after numerous wheeling including 2 John Bull trails (where rock THUMPS! is a constant event ) in over 20K miles.

It fell off on Golden Spike because the mounting holes on the factory frame are crap (PhilD can confirm), and I lost most of the factory bolts; though I'm sure the weight of the Rubberduck is a contributing factor (mustta weigh at least 5x the stock tubes). On his suggestion, I ended up re-taping all of em to a larger diameter bolt.

I understand H20's design is superior because it protects a much wider area (whereas the Rubberduck is almost just a beefier replacement), and simply top of the line quality.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Waiting Neil.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:28 PM

oma is off the scale

I've had Rubber Duck's UCP for about 1 1/2 years and have not had any problems. I've been through several boulder fields/dry creek beds. The other H2's with stock UCP on the trip were bent up pretty good.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Waiting Neil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>x2

Neil. Drop everything else you were even thinking about doing. GITRDONE now.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
So, to summarize......

The only options:

Is that all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like it.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Oguy is off the scale

Negative,
you would only have to wait 18 months if you wanted the items 18 months ago. I am not going to shoot myself in the foot again and say when exactly I am going to be ready but I am trying to have everything (not just the Underbody stuff) done and ready to go aroud February.

Just a tid bit of info; solid bar is only about 1.25 times stronger in column strength vs. a pipe of the same diameter. The impact strength of solid bar is better but the strength to withstand bending is not that much greater. Thus the need for a better design in contact points to the frame and different structural material is needed for the best protection. It has been a while but if I recall correctly I selected the material that I used for my midrails because it was 5 times stronger than that of round pipe. Sorry if that was to much info.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Negative,
you would only have to wait 18 months if you wanted the items 18 months ago. I am not going to shoot myself in the foot again and say when exactly I am going to be ready but I am trying to have everything (not just the Underbody stuff) done and ready to go aroud February.

Just a tid bit of info; solid bar is only about 1.25 times stronger in column strength vs. a pipe of the same diameter. The impact strength of solid bar is better but the strength to withstand bending is not that much greater. Thus the need for a better design in contact points to the frame and different structural material is needed for the best protection. It has been a while but if I recall correctly I selected the material that I used for my midrails because it was 5 times stronger than that of round pipe. Sorry if that was to much info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you check your PM, PLEASE!