H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-22-2006, 06:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

aslw is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Ready to buy, but crappy day at the dealer

Well folks, just thought I'd let you know where things are at...

Just to recap...dealer#1 total bum wholes...wouldn't go less than sticker. dealer #2, easier to talk to, friendlier, I offered $32K for the black 06 LUX with sticker of $35K, they said nope, we'll call ya.

They called back. at 7:45pm too! Working late I suppose. However to my surprise they did not try to continue the negotiations on the '06 H3...instead, they tried to sell me a lease on an '07.....Anyone find this strange since it is November and they still have 12 '06's on their lot? Why are they trying to lease me an '07?

Haven't really looked too much into leasing, so it's kinda hard for me to go about considering it. approx numbers are 2500 down, 400/month, 27 months, 12000 miles/yr.

Any H3 leasers out there with input for me? Can I use the GMID towards a lease? How would that work?

Again, why are they trying to sell me an '07 lease at 8:00 pm at night over the phone, when I approached them about buying an '06? Any thoughts friends? Is there a huge red flag waving that I just don't see?

Thanks for the input all.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

eugenebeauxbuton is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Ready to buy, but crappy day at the dealer

Well, aslw, I don't know where you are in SoCal, but I went to Cerritos Hummer and they were very helpful. Ask for Desean. Much luck.
Hummer Owner (n.): a different type of person altogether. 2006 Black H3 with Luxury Package, Sunroof, Chrome Wheels, Chrome Appearance Package, Chrome Tubular Side Steps NO MORE, XM, Monsoon Sound System. SOON TO BE GETTING SOME TOYO 33'S AND DITCHING THE LAME 31'S!!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

lamric is off the scale
Default Re: Ready to buy, but crappy day at the dealer

The lease may be more profitable for the dealer. The numbers for a lease contract are difficult to decipher and kind of work like this:

Dollar value in [a miracle occurs] you owe us $400 a month.

If you plan to do any modiifcations to the vehicle a lease isn't for you unless you want to bring the vehicle back to original condition prior to turn-in. Also, normal wear and tear is acceptable but subject to interpretation, if you scratch a fender chances are you'll have to pay to have it repaired.

If you drive more per year than allowed by the lease then you'll have to pay a mileage penality that's usually in the area of 50 cents per mile.

Insurance costs are higher with a lease to due to the fact that the leassor will want $300,000-$500,000 in coverage.

The plus sides of a lease are you get a new vehicle every few years, there are less up-front costs and the monthly payments are usually smaller than if you went with traditional financing.

Last edited by lamric : 11-22-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

eugenebeauxbuton is on a distinguished road

http://cerritoshummer.com/Default.as...=new-inventory
Here's a link to their available vehicles. Paltry, I know.
Hummer Owner (n.): a different type of person altogether. 2006 Black H3 with Luxury Package, Sunroof, Chrome Wheels, Chrome Appearance Package, Chrome Tubular Side Steps NO MORE, XM, Monsoon Sound System. SOON TO BE GETTING SOME TOYO 33'S AND DITCHING THE LAME 31'S!!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

Lightbulb Re: Ready to buy, but crappy day at the dealer

Eugene, thanks for the link. I have sent Cerritos Hummer an email, but wasn't able to request the person you spoke of. I will ask for him when they call me.

Oh dang, the incentives for '07 just got better...Last week it was $750, now it appears to be $1750. Must take delivery by jan '07 as per gm.com.

So here is my dillema:

1. $2500 + $500 family friends rebate for an '06

2. $500 family and friend rebate with 0% financing for an '06

3. $1750 with 4.9% financing for an '07 with slightly better warranty and a bit more power

What do you all think? '06 or '07?

Math was never my forte but I think it's still about $2000 more in the end for an '07? Worth it?

If I buy an '06 now is it pretty much already depreciated a whole year?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

SNUGGIE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslw
Oh dang, the incentives for '07 just got better...Last week it was $750, now it appears to be $1750. Must take delivery by jan '07 as per gm.com.

So here is my dillema:

1. $2500 + $500 family friends rebate for an '06

2. $500 family and friend rebate with 0% financing for an '06

3. $1750 with 4.9% financing for an '07 with slightly better warranty and a bit more power

What do you all think? '06 or '07?

Math was never my forte but I think it's still about $2000 more in the end for an '07? Worth it?

If I buy an '06 now is it pretty much already depreciated a whole year?

At this point it is going to come down to your personal taste. If the dealer has an 06 on the lot that matches your exact wants and needs I say go with it. If not the depreciation on the 06 vs the 07 makes a good case to get exactly what you want in an 07.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

Red face Re: Ready to buy, but crappy day at the dealer

Visited another dealer today....That makes it 3 dealers now....I don't know why but it seems that I just can;t swing a deal lower than GMID/supplier prcing even on the 2006 models they have left.

So if none of these dealers want to rid themselves of '06 stock then why am I still looking at '06? I can get the same deal on an '07! Nonetheless, I am definitely surprised and bummed because I thought I was going to be able to get a super deal on an '06.

So I did test drive an '07 today....I must say, couldn't really feel the extra 22 ponies? Does anyone agree or disagree? Or maybe I just ate too much turkey. But the warranty is definitely better.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here.

If you are going to keep it for a while (4-5 years), go for the '06. If you think you'll want something else in 2-3 years, go for the '07. Depreciation will still hit you pretty hard, but not as bad as the '06.

GMID minus the incentives is a pretty good deal (at least for those of us who paid MSRP because the trucks were so new and hot). Still worth every penny.

If you aren't that comfortable with negotiation (or just don't want to waste the time), bring out the GMID upfront and save the hassle. Try to avoid playing the games the dealers sometimes play and be straight with them from the start. You may not get your "best deal", but at least no one will be pissed off and you may be able to build a relationship that'll pay off when you buy your next Hummer.

By the way, 15 months and 30k miles into mine I still grin every time I walk out to get in it. Get one and I'm sure you'll do the same.

Good luck!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

have you tried faxing all the dealers in the area with what you are looking for - asking for their bottom price.... Might save you time as far as trying to visit every dealership.

'03 H2
Old 11-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Don't take this wrong... But maybe you go in to excited about buying a H3. I have done that when buying something I realy wanted and the "salesman" goes in for the kill. I was thinking if anyone on here lives near you, buy them lunch or dinner and have them take you to where they bought.
Sorry to hear you having so much "BS" from those dealers.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Well I have decided to abandon my negotiations on the H3 for a sweet deal below GMID pricing plus incentives as RYD suggested. I have approached four dealers now and the lowest price I can get is GMID/supplier price minus whatever current incentives offered by GM.

That's OK by me. I have also elected to do everything by email since it has been incredibly time consuming to visit dealers over and over again.

My question now is regarding the incentives. The dealer seems to be only willing to give me the regular incentives on '06 models as posted on gm.com. That's $2500 rebate OR 0% financing.

However, when I search incentives with supplier pricing off of gmfamilyfirst.com, the incentives are slightly better....0% financing plus $500, OR $3000 rebate.

With my GMID/supplier certificate, aren't I entiteled to the family and friends incentives as stated on gmfamilyfirst .com? or am I wrong?

Can anyone clarify for me please?

Thanks everyone.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Lex_Ordo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslw
So I did test drive an '07 today....I must say, couldn't really feel the extra 22 ponies? Does anyone agree or disagree? Or maybe I just ate too much turkey. But the warranty is definitely better.

I bought my '06, in April, after having it built in March. I wasn't sure if I should have waited till the '07 was released. In hindsight, I'm glad I did.
The differences between the '06 and '07's are minimal at best, and I agree with your assesment above.
I test drove an '07 in Sept. just to see what was changed, both asthetically, and design wise.
The motor, didn't inpress me. Looks great on paper with 242 HP, & Ft. Lbs. of Torque, but I can't notice 22 HP more. And with a price increase for this, I'm fine with the 2006, 3.5 liter motor with 220 HP/ 225 Torque.

The warranty, is because the motor is a new design. What GM dosen't spell out is that the 4 year/50k mile warranty hasn't changed. They just added an extra 50k miles to the power train only, so if there are problems with this new engine design, they'll cover it. That came from a phone convesation with HUMMER.
As for the look, Nothing was changed, other than some small motor components. Interior is identical.
The only litmus test to be used now is the deal on '06's vs. '07's. Sounds like not too many folks are interested in moving old stock. I guess they're holdbacks are okay to have vehicles sit on their lots for an extended period of time.
IMO, buy. Lease is great for low payments, but you'll have no equity in the future towards the purchase of another car.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the input Lex. I agree.

Can anyone clarify the use of gm incentives for me please?

The dealer still maintains that I only qualify for the regular incentives on '06 models as posted on gm.com. That's $2500 rebate OR 0% financing.

However, when I search incentives with supplier pricing off of gmfamilyfirst.com, the incentives are slightly better....0% financing plus $500, OR $3000 rebate.

With my GMID/supplier certificate, aren't I entiteled to the family and friends incentives as stated on gmfamilyfirst .com? or is the dealer right?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

I sell homes and have used this tactic a couple times when buying a few items in the past.

Just give the salesperson your bottom line and tell them that ithey are haveing a slow day or week and would like to make a sale that they should call you and you would come right over. Sure enough...within a few days the salesman usually needs a sale and makes the call. End of the month is usually a good tim for this tactic.

Good luck.
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9sH3
But maybe you go in to excited about buying a H3. I have done that when buying something I realy wanted and the "salesman" goes in for the kill.

I made this mistake the first time I went in looking at the H3.. I went in with exactly what I wanted, what I expected on trade-in, what I was willing to pay, as well as what I expected the note to be.. The salesman looked it over, told me what he had on the lot, what he expected me to pay for it, how upside down I was in my trade and when he told me what the monthly note would be he couldn't hardly keep a straight face.. Roughly $750 a month on a lease... I asked for the keys to my truck and told him to have a nice day.

The next day he called me and we started actually trying to make a reasonable deal. Somehow my trade that they said I'd have to pay them $1500 to take off my hands became worth about $5750.. He dropped the price of the trailering stuff I said I had no use for.. And I relented and paid for the sunroof I said I didn't want.. We were still $75 higher per month than what I said my max would be... No Deal...

I did some soul searching, Jeep Commander looking (I won't go into the hassles I got from that place) and insurance shopping, went back a week later and told him I'd split the difference between his monthly payment and mine and we did the paperwork.. I found an extra $25 a month in lower insurance premiums (an 06 H3 has lower insurance rates than a 98 Isuzu Rodeo 2wd) and knew I wouldn't have been happy with a Commander even over the Rodeo I already had...

IMHO the Commander isn't anything more than a 4WD street vehicle.. I have no idea how Jeep has managed to stick it's Trail Rated badge on that thing.. My 2wd Rodeo did better offroad (good ground clearance) than the Commander could ever hope for...

I was still a bit over what is being reported from the GMID thing (that I knew nothing about then), but still felt like I got a reasonably good deal.

Rob