H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-02-2005, 01:20 PM

Jesse is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iwo jima:
Jesse, nice rig. i am also thinking about color, between slate blue and pewter. Let me know how you like your h2.Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me the colors went like this - other H2 owners please don't be offended....this is just what went through my mind when picking the colors.

Black - Looks Awesome when clean - but keeping up with it will be tough and after a few years black never looks as good as new.
Pewter - Looks great - wife wanted this color. But I have been a long time GM Truck owner and I have seen pewter on every make and model of truck for the last 10 years. For me this is the most overdone color besides black. I wanted to be different.
White - I had a while Denali XL - Love white - easy to keep clean. But in an H2 it looks like a fleet car or cop car. Reminded me of some UN Peacekeeper vehicle. Not that this is bad - but it is not what I wanted.
Maroon - At first I did not like this color at all - but it grew on me because it really is different than all the rest. But still...just not my style.
Yellow - Looks awesome and how I imagine all hummers should look. But kind of makes me think it is gimmicky. Not sure how resale will be. But still sporty and all original.
Desert Sand - Love this look. I think "tank", or "driven in Iraq". I almost went for this color but again I thought it might be a little less popular and tougher to sell down the road.
Slate Blue - the color I chose. This is the color I very first liked. During the day and in sunlight it looks great. Adds a sense of luxury for me. Chrome really stands out against the blue. At night – the white, pewter and yellow all look better. At night the blue can look sorta green but overall still looked good to me. Like I said before – I came from a Yukon Denali XL – and the fear of losing that sense of luxury is what made me get Slate Blue.

One thing is for sure - the color really creates a personality for these trucks. If there were ever a vehicle that had personality - the H2 has the most of it and the color makes each one unique.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Jesse WELCOME! PLEASE, get that black **** off that truck and replace it with CHROME! It's hurting my eyes!

And about the Prius, I'm actually taking my friend to buy one on Saturday. I told her we'd take the Hummer, of course.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:50 PM

Jesse is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
Jesse WELCOME! PLEASE, get that black **** off that truck and replace it with CHROME! It's hurting my eyes!

And about the Prius, I'm actually taking my friend to buy one on Saturday. I told her we'd take the Hummer, of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am with you - I am going with chrome. Getting all the stuff ordered up right now. Going with gas cap, hood latches, hood handles, and rear hatch handle. I think that might be it - maybe the front air vents and tow loops on the front and back. You have any other suggestions?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:17 PM

iwo jima is off the scale

Jesse. i agree, drove a slate blue on the weekend with ebony interior . i really liked it. As i am awaiting the end of my current lease on a 02 Navigator i would be interested to hear your opinion about your truck in the coming months. By the way, chrome is it !. Thanks
Old 12-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely don't ADD any more chrome bling.

How did you get that door dent?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jesse:
I am with you - I am going with chrome. Getting all the stuff ordered up right now. Going with gas cap, hood latches, hood handles, and rear hatch handle. I think that might be it - maybe the front air vents and tow loops on the front and back. You have any other suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Those things are a great start. Don't forget the buckets under the door latches. Are you getting a brush guard? What about the tail light covers, or a rack for the top? Will you use this to go off road, camping, fishing, or anything?

Those lights on top are the ones from GM huh? I wonder where they got that idea.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. If you need a shiney brush guard let me know. I have one in the garage just sitting there.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw that light bar at the dealer this week. I really like it.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:54 PM

twinsdad is off the scale

What did she cost you. Just found one in northern california with 9,000 miles on it same color with chrome wheels etc for 48,000
Old 12-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

Jesse, Welcome and congrats on the purchase. Personally I'd blacken the truck out but some folks like Chrome. I believe Doc and H2Rocks are representing well for the chrome crowd so you will not be alone. You'll probably take some s*it from certain folks here on the forum but it's all in good fun.

Enjoy
Old 12-02-2005, 03:07 PM

Jesse is off the scale

Here is the low down. I am GMS - as my parents are long time GM Employees.

2006 H2 Luxury, Air suspension, Light Bar, Navigation, Sun Roof, Rear DVD Entertainment system, smokers package (I don't smoke).

Sticker comes to $65,180.
My GMS price was $57,132.35
- $2000 GM Pass through
- $750 rear entertainment discount
Total is $54,382.35 before tax and license.

Also throw in another $800 I had built up on my GM card and that seemed like free money to me.

I got a great value on my trade in - 6K more than what Car Max offered me! That was the best part for me.

For your deal - $48K sounds like a deal to me. Not sure which options you have on it or if it is a 2006 or 2005.

I know it was very hard or me to find the air suspension in a luxury package model. I got what I wanted and hopefully I did not get ripped off.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hi and Welcome
On the comment by someone who said the stealth gray looks more blue and the slate blue looks more gray.

It sure looks likes it when they are side by side. A Buddy was at the dealer and asked Hummer GM who is a friend if they decided to bring Stealth Gray back. They were to have stopped painting it early spring of 2005 and the guy told Him no they just changed the name and started painting it on 2006 but, they stopped for a while so there would be a break between like they were going to slip it by somebody. But, that shows the mentality that is getting and has been getting GM into a deeper and deeper hole. Just do not use something for a while and We will reintroduce it and they are to dumb to notice.

But anyway it still looks very nice.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 12-02-2005, 07:21 PM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jesse:
I have to admit that really looks awesome! Convincing the wife that this needs to be done might be a little tricky. Had to buy her a brand new Prius before I was able to go out and get this toy. That’s right - she has a Prius - 50+ miles to a gallon and I have the environment killing gas guzzler. At least I can now drive all over the environment!

Like I always say - it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will now achieve eco balance, my son. Nice looking beast.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
Definitely don't ADD any more chrome bling.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Grinch.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Frank2005 is off the scale

Love the color! When I bought my SUT, I wanted the Stealth Grey but I couln't find it within a reasonable distance. I went with the Red Metalic. Good Luck with it!
Old 12-03-2005, 02:48 PM
mstams

Yep. I thought about that color for my latest truck, but this time around I went with desert sand instead. I'm on my fourth Hummer now. You're going to love it. Welcome!!
Old 12-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

stealth and slate:
so it is the same color TAZ?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:52 PM

TootsSUT is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
stealth and slate:
so it is the same color TAZ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it currently was the same color. I could be wrong. If there was actually a true stealth grey, it would definitely not have blue tints to it (you would think).

Someone mentioned desert sand and that color, most of all, is my favorite!!

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 12-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Looks great. Congrats.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:20 PM
mstams

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so it is the same color? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. It's the same color. They just changed the name.