H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-09-2003, 02:25 AM

john m is off the scale

I agree, Phil...with GM supplier and f-t-d $$$ I got well over $7K off sticker on mine
Old 11-10-2003, 08:14 PM

Drag is off the scale

PhilD,

I'm not calling you a liar, just that the automotive market is a bit more complicated that you theorized.

For example, those advertised incentives are all local dealer incentives, not GM. The auto market looks at those price discounts last. Plus, since GM and other manufacturers pay fees to the dealers just for selling the vehicles (holdback and floor charges just to name a few), then the dealer can sell at below MSRP and still make a profit. Even if you get "Invoice Price" this is not dealer cost. Dealer cost is several points (often 3 to 4% below) less than the "Invoice cost".

How would you like this? You buy a used car, spend hundreds on your extended warranty, then when you need to file a claim, the warranty company finds out your used car was salvaged, and voids the warranty.

Let's say a thief buys an H2 at a junked salvage auction for $5,000. He launders the title back to a legit "Rebuilt" status, then steals the exact same model H2. He files down the VIN on the stolen truck, transfers the VIN plate from the rebuilt junked car, and sells you the stolen H2 as a used car. The only way to uncover this scam is to check the VINs on all panels of the car to make sure they match.

Just remember, a lot of those ads have the fine print like "You must purchase at least $X in accessories to qualify for this special rate" or "Used vehicles come AS IS". This means that either

a) You have to buy accessories, which often carry a 100% mark up and bring the vehicle back to original price,

or

b)The vehicle is used, and has no warranty due to title status. Even GM Extended warranty plans do not cover rebuit title cars.

If you can find a $20K H2 in 12 months that is not junked, rebuilt, or otherwise a scam, then my hat's off to you. I just would not purchase cars with suspiciously large discounts unles I have all the paperwork and a CarFax report. I hope that you're a careful shopper.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!