H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crash:
Boy, thats JUST plathetic, and the guy was probably a tree hugger What I have found when I have my rig on the trailer, just smile and wave, I think that is about the best response....

certified H2 tech.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean you got the green stuff that grows on the tow rig cleaned off? Crash, leave the greenie camo alone!

Buckeye, that is just stupid, but hey, it's LA, all kinds in So Cal. Do what the guys back east do when they gety flipped off, make a circle with your thumb and forefinger and give them a hole to stick it in ...

Founding Member of RCRC 4wd Club Scaramento, CA www.rcrc4x4.com
Pirate4x4.com Vendor & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 10-19-2003, 12:12 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Regarding the H2 Felony stop.. I called a marked car to the scene. We had three other officers show up ( one an H1 owner).. THey took over the scene. Had the young people do a sobriety test, searched for drugs and lectured them on road rage. Gave the driver a warning and told each of the young people to have their parent to call the department to arrange driving school class. It was funny. The other side of the coin, road rage is not funny. In Indianapolis it is not as big an issue as other locations. However many times a simply finger can turn quickly into a violent confrontation.

I believe I hear a little bit of H2 envy from the gas station passer.. Hell my suburban gets worse mileage then the H2.. At least I think it does. Never check it, why should I . I knew the mileage was low when I bought my toy. If you can't afford the gas, then I gues you shouldn't buy the beast. The only other time I had any comments about the H2 was at a stop lights. A young couple pulled up next to me in one of those cute little hybrid hondas. The young man said something I couldn't hear. So I rolled down the window and politely asked if I could be of assistance. THey made a couple of enviroment comments to me My answer: with a smile I said: I sure appeciate you folks buying that little car so that leaves enough gas for my H2. thank you for canceling my gas guzzling, have a pleasant day. Then drove off waving with a smile.. I looked back at them in the mirror. They just sat there with a stunned look on their faces..

Mike
Old 10-19-2003, 12:57 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

It has happened to me about a half a dozen times .... I just carry a disposable camera in my truck, I do not say anything and do smile as suggested, and take their picture while smiling .... scares the "s**t" out of them .... and if you are lucky enough to see them after, I am so far at 100% with a respectful apology ... go figure !

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Old 10-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

NC,

Remember that web site with those guys flippin off Hummers?

We should ask jason to put up a section of azzoles flippin us off. Call it, "The H2 Fan Club" Section.

"A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words."

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

RonB is off the scale

I guess I've been lucky -- never had any agression towards me or my truck (that I know of). But it is usually covered in mud and has a good deal of pinstiping on it. Last week a guy at a stop light honked at me, I rolled down the window and he said "now that's what a hummer should look like!!" Big smiles and we both drove off. This has happened on Ventura Blvd at least three other times. It's so fun to see people do double-takes and smile at the truck.

I've had some questions about the environmental impact of the H2 by folks who drive small cars or hybrids -- I just ask them where they think their electricity comes from (yes, some of it from hydro-electric plants, but more often from coal burning or nuclear power plants, and a small percentage from small under-priveledged children running on treadmills). And speaking of batteries, how does one dispose of them when they die? Bury them?

I say just keep the truck dirty, always seems to put a smile on faces (especially mine).

Ron
Old 10-19-2003, 03:27 PM

h2h8r is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
h2h8r,

After you've checked my tires, polish my knob. You little fudge packer you.

"A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought all u hummer owners were fudge packers and pillow biters.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:31 PM

Please excuse my ignorance ... what are "fudge packers and pillow biters" ?

Thanks,

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Old 10-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

It's funny I totally forgot about one other incident when I still had my H2. A gal in a car pulled behind me honking and flipping me off. I always drive carefully, don't speed,signal when I change lanes etc., basically I'm a pretty safe driver and don't do anything to piss people off so I knew she was just on an evironmentally safe tampon at that moment. Anyway she pulled next to me at a light and flipped me off again UNTIL I pulled out my digital camera and took a pic. I have never seen someone drive away that fast in my life. She ran a red light and peeled out. Muwhahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

So thanks for all of the tips. I will sum it up by stating a few good ideas:

1. Big Smile
2. Big Smile with Pointing finger
3. Laughing hysterically
4. Take Pictures
5. Blow a Kiss
6. Call the police with a tag number (road rage is big here in L.A.)

H2h8r,

I have A HUMMER and you DON'T! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are soooooo jealous! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
Old 10-19-2003, 08:41 PM

Most of the time if I dirve the H@ I get positive reactions too!.. In Indy we must not have to many tree huggers.. or if we do us redneck midwest truck (SUV) drivers inintentionally intimidate them thar folks.

Mike
Old 10-19-2003, 08:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from Ohio originally so I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish I was back there (except for in the winter).

L.A. is just so diverse in it's landscape and culture. You're bound to run in to a few wackos out here.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
I'm from Ohio originally so I know what you mean.QUOTE] hey jason, u know if any guy on this forum did not know you where from Ohio they should be shot..........LOL btw nice win this weekend. Hope they lose and we can have USC VS Ohio st. rosebowl.

still trying to make it to your shop. Yeah some rude people here in LA, Thats why i want to move back to Vegas.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:51 PM

h2h8r is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
It's funny I totally forgot about one other incident when I still had my H2. A gal in a car pulled behind me honking and flipping me off. I always drive carefully, don't speed,signal when I change lanes etc., basically I'm a pretty safe driver and don't do anything to piss people off so I knew she was just on an evironmentally safe tampon at that moment. Anyway she pulled next to me at a light and flipped me off again UNTIL I pulled out my digital camera and took a pic. I have never seen someone drive away that fast in my life. She ran a red light and peeled out. Muwhahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

So thanks for all of the tips. I will sum it up by stating a few good ideas:

1. Big Smile
2. Big Smile with Pointing finger
3. Laughing hysterically
4. Take Pictures
5. Blow a Kiss
6. Call the police with a tag number (road rage is big here in L.A.)

H2h8r,

I have A HUMMER and you DON'T! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are soooooo jealous! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Nope i prefer germans...g500 if u must ask. as for ur brick it's a piece...i'm laughing so hard at all ur complaints. ur brick is cheap like build quality, leather seats, plasitc dash, cheap materials thru out, spare tire in back taking up space and the list goes on. penis envy u are

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-19-2003, 10:52 PM

h2h8r is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NCHummerman:
Please excuse my ignorance ... what are _"fudge packers and pillow biters"_ ?

Thanks,

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2

huh...no explanation required
Northern California

http://www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-19-2003, 11:15 PM

h2h8r --- again, please have the courtesy to enlight me with the meaning of
"fudge packers and pillow biters" ... FYI, the G500 is cramped and has the worst service history of any MBZ ever made. Thus, the reason that you cannot get one !

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Old 10-19-2003, 11:53 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

h2gayr:

Your G500 that you wish you could have ranks right with the H2 in fuel economy. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/18214.shtml

BTW, I'm willing to bet that the G500, or any other comparable vehicle does not have as much recycled material as the H2.

Don't spew refuse here, check your material before typing. Knee jerk reactions by ignorant, jealous, never-going-to-make-it-in-the-real-world types just invite critcism and a general shunning by most of society. So think first.

Now try to use clear language and not the profane laced garbage you appear to have a penchant for. This is, after all, a family site.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 10-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

RonB is off the scale

H2h8r,
do you have a G wagon? If you are in the LA area I'd love to go off-roading with you. I always loved that truck, but a bit out of my price range. Never been off-road in one, but if you have one and aren't afraid of a little dirt, let's hit Gorman or Arrowhead (I haven't been to the latter yet).

Ron
Old 10-20-2003, 12:16 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a friend that bought a G500 new. Let's see...

They replaced the stereo twice.
They replaced the main wiring harness inside the truck.
They replaced a cracked front light that was letting water in.

This is a pampered truck that lives in a heated garage. This was all done within a few months after purchase.

So much for MB quality!

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 10-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I just put on my first 1000 miles on weekend road trips and some driving in the city. All I've gotten so far is waves, stares, nods and big smiles. It seems in the North East the H2 brings conjures up love and happiness. But then again that's just my first 1000 miles.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:22 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Okay guys.....I'm pretty sure h2h8r is nothing more then Dennis, signed-on under a different name, just getting one-up on us and pulling a funny. Then again, my magic 8-ball hasn't been all that accurate as of late.

You probably think I'm gonna put the chill on this...but I say...let it ride! If this guy wants to discuss the merits of his G-box and argue the deficiencies of the H2, that's fine. Maybe he'll actually make a valid point sooner or later.

In the meanwhile, I've got a red-dot dialed-in on his forehead........
Old 10-20-2003, 12:42 PM

Moderator.. don't go talkin like that youin's is gona scare me...

I own a firearms store and range.... in Indy.. YOu do not believe in Black Helicopters do you.

Just kidding... Consider a high end nightvision scope instead. You can get much more creative.

Mike