H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-07-2003, 12:04 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Badrap,

They are actually both. The dust/sand/decomposed granite out here really coats the truck in a light brown. Any time we go through brush the scratches look much worse. The 2 times I have scratched mine up a bit it comes right out with a simple wash and sometimes a bit of wax.

Albie, the more the merrier. We hope to catch up with you. These trails were pretty cool and we think they will be unbelievable after a good rain!
Old 09-07-2003, 01:36 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

yeah it looked really dry. I went mountain biking this weekend and man the Dirty in LA County is Dry. Hey people send us rain.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:00 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Badrap....

His Devine Buckness is quite right. As we jam along through the backcountry, we kick-up a heck of a lot of dust; a protective coating. At one point there was a big mound of dirt right in front of me....but as I drew closer I realized it was actually Neil in his Disco!

As we then pass through the soft foilage we get a finish that looks absolutely shocking!!! People freak until we lightly pass our fingers over the dust to reveal a glossy-smooth paint. That's not to say a few don't mar the finish here and there, but so far nothing a little bit of wax or buffing won't resolve.

We really couldn't find a whole lot of challenges on this trail, but the well maintained road still offered some fantastic views and a lovely forest-like setting. It'll be a great family drive during winter/spring. We did find a few side-trails that were a bit more difficult....but the Disco lost the traction control system and couldn't follow.

One thing I absolutely HATE about pics & video: they totally steal the intensity of the real situation. Hills that are super-steep come out looking like mild inclines.

One thing for sure...we managed to do some stuff that no other SUV in stock form could possibly do! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

Oppps....gotta go, my winch is on fire!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 03:20 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

Nice Pics...but what's the point? I guess you couldn't go around that tree in the field?
Old 09-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Hummer Expert

ousucks,

Steve never goes around anything. He is always the first one up,over, across, through in the group. He did consider going completely over the log but was concerned about a rollover. From our perspective in the back we thought it could have been done but we'll let GM roll them in their testing, not ours.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OUSUCKS:
Nice Pics...but what's the point? I guess you couldn't go around that tree in the field?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That tree was in the middle of a field...I had to find it!

It's been my experience that any place that is easy to get to already has a paved road leading to it. The question then arises...why leave the pavement at all? Why go through streams, climb hills or goof around on a log...

1) Because we can

2) Because other vehicles can't

3) Because I learn more about the performance and characteristics of the H2 every time I play with stuff...exploring its capabilities

4) Because I'm a complete photo-nymphe for extremes
Old 09-07-2003, 08:41 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Steve,

I thought a sign of good articulation was keeping those tires on the ground??? Or was that flex. I can't remember
Old 09-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

uh...yeah.

Articulation is basically the ability of the suspension to cope with and follow the terrain underneath it. Keeping it on the ground would have been more impressive...but not with that kind angle and demand.

I think the picture exhibits just how far the suspension does allow the rear-end to travel. The other side was compressed way-deep into the wheel-well, while the other side was way the heck out there. It's not every day you see this sort of thing...just interesting.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:51 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Steve,
Not saying that wasn't cool, but we all have room for a little improvment Look how level the body is.......I hate jeeps
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2003, 01:27 AM

SuperPoser is off the scale

N2ITNSD

sweet flex on that jeep
check out the '86 yota on my pics. thats marks...
he's got hella sweet flex! (not to mention a hella cool 400chevy under the hood)

marshalls '95 sas taco has hella sweet flex too!

ifs just can't compare!

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm
Old 09-09-2003, 01:28 AM

SuperPoser is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
Hey, I thought Hummers couldn't articulate <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buckeye Hummer,

is that a sway bar on the rear axle?

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm
Old 09-09-2003, 01:31 AM
Hummer Expert

Mike,

Please direct all technical questions to Steve R. He will be able to answer most of your questions and make up answers for the rest.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:00 AM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

Yes-

We have a rear sway bar. I have inquired about quick-disconnects for it in the past. To my knowledge, none are currently being produced. I don't know how the airbag attachments would respond.??

Calling all entrepreneurs/fabricators/gear heads- Get Stared. I'll help beta test the first generation.

I love my truck, but I want increased articulation.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
Steve,
Not saying that wasn't cool, but we all have room for a little improvment Look how level the body is.......I hate jeeps<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

N2...

No problem, I don't see that pic as taking anything away from my pic. But in all fairness, in my picture I think the weeds, combined with the fact that the log is about 54" in diameter really detracts from the intensity of the situation.

That Jeep has...what...maybe 37's and you can clearly see that the pipe is far smaller then the tires.

What's more....I still have that huge/stout swaybar on the front-end screwing things around. Despite that, both my front-tires were in contact with the surfaces! The front-end on the H2 outperforms any other IFS and surprises the heck out of people all the time.

As for our rear-end, we do have SRA's. My pic is a bit screwy because there was a bit of a ditch under that tire...the whole thing was actually on a slight incline.

Beyond that...we also did a lot of high-speed rally-style running through the mountains. You just can't beat the ride of an independent front suspension.

Okay then....

If anybody wants me I'll be in denial

[This message was edited by Steve R on 09-09-03 at 01:30 AM.]
Old 09-09-2003, 09:36 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

MikeE,

What up? Your Toy isn't hanging a tire is it?

Steve,

Don't get me wrong, I drive my Hummer on the road more than off. The Jeep has flex, sure, but I wouldn't want it for a daily driver. Swerve to avoid something at freeway speed(if it would go that fast) or try a panic stop and you would most likely spill your vente mocha all over the floorboard
P.S. Im glad it was the winch on the front of your hummer that caught fire and not the one you keep under the seat
Old 09-10-2003, 03:31 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

It's all good N2...

I've come to accept that each vehicle is unique and different in its nature. I didn't interpret your post as hostile, challenging or otherwise.

Besides...how can I be antagonized by a guy who uses so many smiley-faces in his post?
Old 09-10-2003, 05:16 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Always remember that there's always somebody that has a rig that can out do your's. This is my buddy's FrankenZuki. He took it to Hollister and did The Tank Trap so easily that he then backed through it for a challenge. But as awesome as it is at crawling and climbing , it had some difficulty going up a cinder cone hill that my H2 roars up.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2003, 12:53 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Thats a nice samuri, well the hood anyway. Next time could you load a little bigger picture its kind of hard to make out the front hub's