H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Battlebugs is off the scale

I had a Deville for over a week, when the dealer said my H2 was ready one morning I told them it was inconvenient for me to get up there until the following day (hour drive) – they said no problem. Heck, I didn’t even buy the truck there, guess some dealers are just tighter than others.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Hummer Professional

alldunn is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:
The SUT is going in this afternoon for a handfulf of warranty items. I asked the service guy for a loaner and he said he'd reserve me a Tahoe or Trailblazer. That's fine with me.

Next he says "GM will only pay for 3 days of the loaner, after that you have to pay." Does that sound right to you guys? I suspect the SUT will be there for a few days & don't want to pay for the rental if I don't have to.

BTW, I didn't buy it from them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would think that if it is under warranty, then they shouldn't charge you for a loaner, regardless. If they tried to charge me for a loaner after 3 days, I would tell them where to stick their loaner .
Old 04-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Update -

Check the SUT into service and start with the loaner process. Service writer on the phone:

"What do you have for cars? Where's the Tahoe? What about the Trailblazer? ..... Ok, pull that up."

A minute or two later he points out the window to a purple minivan. I laughed at him and said "Im not driving that. What else do you have?"

Drove away in a green Malibu, pissed. The thing stinks so bad I can smell it on my clothes today at work. I emptied a bottle of Febreeze in it before bed, left the windows down all night, and it didnt touch the stench. There are spent matches on the drivers floor where someone apparently was lighting smokes and throwing them on the floor. There are other unidentifiable odors which could be coffee, chili, or something I don't want to know about.

Its unwashed, unvacuumed, I had to clean the inside of the windshield since I couldnt see crap in the sun from the smoke haze, and the front marker light is out and people can't tell if I'm turning. The thing only has ~9000 miles on it too!

What would you all do? They better fix my truck FAST....
Old 04-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Take it back and tell them the check engine light keeps coming on and you fear for your safety. If they don't give you something else, threaten their pets.

Stacy
Old 04-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:

Drove away in a green Malibu, pissed. The thing stinks so bad I can smell it on my clothes today at work. I emptied a bottle of Febreeze in it before bed, left the windows down all night, and it didnt touch the stench. There are spent matches on the drivers floor where someone apparently was lighting smokes and throwing them on the floor. There are other unidentifiable odors which could be coffee, chili, or something I don't want to know about.

Its unwashed, unvacuumed, I had to clean the inside of the windshield since I couldnt see crap in the sun from the smoke haze, and the front marker light is out and people can't tell if I'm turning. The thing only has ~9000 miles on it too!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFALMAO!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
ROTFALMAO!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem! What's so funny??
Old 04-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
ROTFALMAO!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem! What's so funny?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You being stinky at work.

Why is the SUT in? Did you let the wife drive it? Make sure they wash it for you.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 PM

rvs9 is off the scale

My local dealer lets me drive a H1
Old 04-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Hummer Deity

Again Dan, I am really looking forward to camping with you.

If you don't get the coffee/chili smell out of your pores please do us a favor, get this tent..I think Spike said you could get one at Wal-mart for 79.99.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Its in for a handful of warranty things.

The major problem is the last time we had heavy rain the overhead console got water in it and it dripped water onto the dash. The water made a bee-line for the NAV slot and screwed up the display for a few days. Its dried & working fine now but...

Mirrors stopped folding correctly.
Muffler shield popping noise.
Control door in the ventilation system not opening for feet.
Steering column noise.
Passenger side blows high heat sometimes regardless of setting.
Wiper module upgrade.

That's it. Still love the truck!!

H2cp - They should have those outside of all WalMarts to decontaminate after shopping.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Hummer Guru

Actually, the wife drove the SUT for the first time a few weeks ago. She liked it but says its not her thing. I have her trained well.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Hummer Deity

Have a nice drive home buddy!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Yeah yeah.

Its a bit better today after sitting out in the parking lot with all the windows down. Its going out in the driveway tonite like that.

Before I bring it back I'm going to stash a few eggs and a paper carton of milk under the back seat.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:00 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

Don't know. Never had to take my '03 in for service. Knock/knock/knock/knock on wood!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, the wife drove the SUT for the first time a few weeks ago. She liked it but says its not her thing. I have her trained well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You're a lucky man.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:31 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
We usually get whatever they have. If they have Escalades in, then we get an Escalade. If all they have are Buicks, then we get a buick. No biggey except the Buicks always seem to smell like old lady

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before the dealership got Escalades, it was Caddilac Devilles. Both were unavailable last time in and I got a new Buick.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

got a Jeep Liberty
Old 04-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

Next he says "GM will only pay for 3 days of the loaner, after that you have to pay." Does that sound right to you guys? I suspect the SUT will be there for a few days & don't want to pay for the rental if I don't have to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have not read my contract, but I think that sounds wrong. In my opinion, the longer I am without the vehicle I paid for, the more GM should be paying me to make up for that.