H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, I had a great time for the short period of time I was there

Ken Thanks

Westhillsat, Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by DDWH:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fubar:
With space on the servers becoming an issue here at H2source.com I've placed the images I took while in Moab, on one of my websites.

Moab Pictures

It is a Flash slide show that will play once you've clicked on the fifth button from the left. (the play or right arrow, located in the lower right corner of the window.)

Very cool Fubar thanks for sharing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
Pulling the front drive shaft and two half shafts would have allowed you to continue in 2WD without doing any further damage to the front diff. Then you would have only need a strap over the obstacles.

If you're not sure what needs to be pulled off though, towing is definitely the best option.

Glad everyone made it off in one piece.
That option wasn't even discussed by any of us. We didn't think about it, but that would have been the way to go. You can bet we'll remember that if there's another catastrophic failure on the trail.

As the day turned to night, around 7pm, and everyone realized we weren't getting off the trail for several more hours, tensions became thick. We all were edgy, tired, hungry, and running low and water.

I apologize to Fubar for being smart with him at one point.

Around 9pm, it seemed we were all resigned to the fact we weren't grilling out again and just took everything in stride.

The night stuff was really fun. Seeing the lights in the distance of so many Hummers was really cool and we all learned alot about recovery.

All in, all out. No one, and nothing left behind. Great job, Gang.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westhillsat:
.]Raarr[/url]
Is that someone taking a picture standing back down below?

If so, do we have copy of that picture. Was CP stopped and on the brakes right here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>She was stopped at this point. You like those tires pointing all over, don't you? Dave even stopped her twice on Escalator because he was freaking out over the tires going wherever they wanted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm just trying to come up with a solution to that so that it's not so severe. One can't really say how much a role that had in the CV damage. Obviously when power is applied the tires are attempting to pull closer together and the tie rods are bending the centerlink like a straw.

It seems maybe the centerlink should need to be less flexible so that it doesn't get this severe.

Also, it would be interesting to try to see if the cognitos have a small effect on it. Since they limit the rotation on the centerlink they might control some of that flex.

Yeah, that bothers me and I think if, from an engineering standpoint, you could move the tie rods to the rear of the steering knuckles or do something to address this issue, it would go a long way to strengthening the IFS for off road.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
At one point Adam was fixing a tie-rod on the H2 while at the same time it was being used to winch Neo.
That was pretty funny. The winch was on the rear, and Adam was under the front. You should have heard him squeal like a little girl when the truck lurched at one point!!!

Legal Notice: That's not recommended and shouldn't be done.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
At one point Adam was fixing a tie-rod on the H2 while at the same time it was being used to winch Neo.
That was pretty funny. The winch was on the rear, and Adam was under the front. You should have heard him squeal like a little girl when the truck lurched at one point!!!

Legal Notice: That's not recommended and shouldn't be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>did he keep up with it and stay working?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

What was the deal with the over-heating winch(es)? I didn't hear that whole story when we were on the trail.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
I'm just trying to come up with a solution to that so that it's not so severe. One can't really say how much a role that had in the CV damage. Obviously when power is applied the tires are attempting to pull closer together and the tie rods are bending the centerlink like a straw.

It seems maybe the centerlink should need to be less flexible so that it doesn't get this severe.

Also, it would be interesting to try to see if the cognitos have a small effect on it. Since they limit the rotation on the centerlink they might control some of that flex.

Yeah, that bothers me and I think if, from an engineering standpoint, you could move the tie rods to the rear of the steering knuckles or do something to address this issue, it would go a long way to strengthening the IFS for off road.
I agree, something should be done. But with that said, it's important to note the tires we're using are much wider than others on the trail. Phil said his walked all over like that when in 4low, but not in 4hi.

Cognitos may be on our list, but I'm waiting for Phil's review. They certainly can't hurt.

BTW, you can call me. I'll be on the road all day tomorrow, too.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:

Legal Notice: That's not recommended and shouldn't be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>did he keep up with it and stay working? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Heck yeah he did! He chased that truck down like a dog in heat.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, well it would sure be nice to run an obstacle without getting the ole fist in the air and a colaboration of on lookers and spotters whispering and looking at the front of the truck like you just ran over the Welch's grape juice girl.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by CslRkH2:
What was the deal with the over-heating winch(es)? I didn't hear that whole story when we were on the trail.
That winch was only used once and should be covered under warranty byu Warn.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Yeah, well it would sure be nice to run an obstacle without getting the ole fist in the air and a colaboration of on lookers and spotters whispering and looking at the front of the truck like you just ran over the Welch's grape juice girl.
LMFAO.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
BWUHAHAHAHahahahah
Old 04-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

what? You ran over the Welch's Grape Juice Girl? I missed the pictures. The site must have been having problems with the pics at that point.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Come-on! More pics! The the Grape juice girl squirt when you ran over her?!?

So, I take it having the warn winch hitch mounted came in mighty handy that day....?

'03 H2
Old 04-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Hummer Messiah

Yes, it did. The hitch mount wasn't necessary, but was nice to have.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Good, I'm still hoping to get the drty winch....

'03 H2
Old 04-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

GeneseeMtn is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by HummBebe:

Things that make you go bzzzzzzzzz

It will be interesting to see how GM treats off-road drive line failure under warranty.

AM General is usually pretty good because after all...that's what Hummers are for in the first place. The fact that GM factory reps and HCI bring H3's though the same trails should make a warranty claim a little easier in that they can't claim "abuse" of the vehicle caused the failure.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:05 AM
Banned

It can get dangerous out there in Moab

Old 04-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

All indications are that these repairs and Neo's tow to Salt Lake are going to be fully covered.

Good for GM.