H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-23-2006, 04:09 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:

I would not re-enter a trail that used the best part of 32 gallons when all I had was 5-10 gallons as a backup. Especially with my family.

Barry Manilow chose not to be part of gropup by refusing to turn on his radio. Someone should have explained to him that he was on his own from that point on.

Leaving someone at the trail head while you and another vehicle filled up with gas and dropped off your families waould have been a good idea. Don't go back on to trail alone when the darkness of night is the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good points one and all. Every trip is a learning experience.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Oh the Joys of livin in Ca!!!! The sceptor cans are illegal to sell to Ca residents. They aren't illegal to own, posses or use. Their just illegal to sell them to us.

I just tried to order them from a local guy at $40 ea.Here in Ca gas cans must have an automatic shutoff spout incase the can tips over. Apparently we are too stupid to pick the can up in that event. (No comments from the peanut gallery! )

At any rate if anybody else wants a deal on them you can get them here at almost half the price others are offering them.

Generator Joe
Old 01-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice set of cans Dennis!

'03 H2
Old 01-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

http://estore.websitepros.com/1182800/Detail.bok?no=603

Look at these cans!!

Planning a road trip? Going off-roading? Maybe you just want to be prepared? The SMA 5 gallon Jerry Can is a must to store water or gasoline while on the go. This can has a latex lining that creates a longer life and prevents corrosion. The SMA Jerry Can's are the best quality can on the market. They have a latching lid closure and spout attachment, which protects the environment from harsh fuel vapors and fuel leakage. This 5 gallon Jerry can is available in Red, Blue, or Yellow. Check out our 2.5 gallon Jerry Can, available separately in Red. (Spout is also sold separately).

MSRP:

OUR PRICE: $49.95

$42.46
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drmiles:
Hey try this

http://www.4by4connection.com/jerrycanholder.html

TJM jerry can holders are designed to bolt or weld into a suitable flat place on your vehicle or trailer. Manufactured from steel and powder-coated in a black finish. Does not include can or tie-downstrap.

JCANHOLD$40.50 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose you would have to add the cost of higher pressure door shocks to be able to open the liftgate with that one. That's a cool idea, but sort of irrelevant when you have a rack.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Racer-X:
Oh the Joys of livin in Ca!!!!

Apparently we are too stupid to pick the can up in that event. (No comments from the peanut gallery! )
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you can pump your own gas instead of waiting 5 minutes for gas boy to pump it for you!

Old 01-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">At least you can pump your own gas instead of waiting 5 minutes for gas boy to pump it for you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, doesn't that make sense? We are trusted to pump our own gas...unless it's in a can. I travel to Oregon about once a year and I always forget, I get out and grab the pump and pump boy always comes runnin.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:16 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drmiles:

Look at these cans!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are the exact same cans I bought a couple weeks ago and posted a picture of on page one of this thread.

Last night I finally got around to figuring out the cap and spout mechanism. Impressive. Because of the way they're designed the cap and spout are their own seal-tight levers. And they do seal tightly! I doubt if carrying them on their sides will be a problem. Not sure about shipping costs but the site drmiles linked to is a few dollars cheaper than Amazon.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Rodster, did you have to buy your spout separate?

Also, wondering if the spout is Ca legal...does it have an autostop mechanism?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:40 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Racer-X:
Rodster, did you have to buy your spout separate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, spouts come with cans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, wondering if the spout is Ca legal...does it have an autostop mechanism? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I can see. Aside from a filter screen, the spout appears to be a straight shot.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, wondering if the spout is Ca legal...does it have an autostop mechanism? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that a joke? CA gas cans have to have an auto-stop mechanism??? Does this apply to all gas cans?

I'm gonna be rolling on the floor, laughing my gawd-damn, mutha phucking arse off if I get a no, yes, yes.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

no,yes,yes..... And I'm not kidding!

The autostop mechanisms differ from can to can but usually include a slide with a flange on the spout. When you insert the nozzle into the cars filler you push down, this slides the collar back opening the spout and releasing the fuel. The idea is if the can tips over - say in your garage - it won't spill.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Racer, do you plan on attending Moab at all this year? If so, I bet you could ask nicely and someone would bring you some.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Racer, do you plan on attending Moab at all this year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, my skills aren't there yet. I hope to do much more learning this year now that I've found this place, joined a local club, meeting people and getting out more. Maybe in 07.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Racer, Momab is a great place to learn. That's the first place I wheeled in my 03. I had prior experience before that though.

As for the gas cans, metal cans dent, paint peels and brings the rust. The plastic ones Gobi has may not be cheap, but they are military grade and aside from shooting them with a gun, they are bulletproof to everything else. Oh yeah, and if you leave water in teeh cans and they freeze up, the can won't crack!
FWIW!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">aside from shooting them with a gun, they are bulletproof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So as long as there no bullets involved they are bulletproof. WTF?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:15 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
As for the gas cans, metal cans dent, paint peels and brings the rust. The plastic ones Gobi has may not be cheap, but they are military grade and aside from shooting them with a gun, they are bulletproof to everything else. Oh yeah, and if you leave water in teeh cans and they freeze up, the can won't crack!
FWIW! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do these (or any other plastic cans) NOT swell when hot?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
FWIW! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do these (or any other plastic cans) NOT swell when hot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the vapors cause expansion from the gas. You'll even see some metal cans do this. You have to have a little room for exspansion. The water cans do not swell, (at least I haven't had that happen yet).
Old 01-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">aside from shooting them with a gun, they are bulletproof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So as long as there no bullets involved they are bulletproof. WTF? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't like my analogy?

I think you got hit in the head to much while playing powder puff football this winter.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

You didn't like my analogy?

I think you got hit in the head to much while playing powder puff football this winter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I wish it was Powder Puff Football. Nothing wrong with playing football with a bunch of girls.