H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TBDAugs:
Hey! I got a CTS V also! Silver with black interior. 2004. It complements the wife's PEWTER H2 well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed.
Be proud of your Pewterness.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TBDAugs:
Hey! I got a CTS V also! Silver with black interior. 2004. It complements the wife's Charcoal grey H2 well. Perhaps a pattern, somone likely to buy an H2 might also be likely to buy a....

Love the Tremec transmission and the engine lugging. SCCA moved it out of A Stock into E Stock this year I believe, for those of you interested in ProSolo or autocrossing it.

SCCAAugs
04 Utah HStock Champ
04 Rocky Mt. HStock Divisional Champ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the V! Do you have any after market mods on yours? We've added the Corsa exhaust and my husband has been checking into the supercharger. Do you have any problems with wheel-hopping with fast acceleration? Obviously you race, have you raced your V?
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I saw it on Cribs. Nothing special, a Vette, truck, car... But his basement is awesome. A full-on nightclub! Stage, bar, lights, you name it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh...The ultimate man-room. Beer lights, video games, slot machines, pool table, big screen surround sound (for the races of course!) and don't forget some cold tasty adult beverages!! We're working on ours..er oops..I mean HIS now. I don't care what he does to it as long there's no naked girly pictures! Those can go in the "man-garage" !
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-16-2005, 01:08 PM

TBDAugs is off the scale

Thanks Drty, Pewter I mean, goes well with the Silver V.

Christa: Bad Wheel hop if I hammer it in both first or second, but you can get better 60 foot times if you slip the clutch versus dropping it. You trade clutch wear for tire wear and bent suspension components.

There are fixes for this if you want to change out a few rear suspension components. Google for the Cadillac V boards and you can get the gouge.

Me, I wanted this to squire about customers so I dont' want to "harden" the suspension anymore so I didnt modify it, but actually, now that we have the H2 we take customers about usually in it since it' more 'plush.'

Biggest modification I did for the V was a better rain tire than the stock supercar Goodyears. Wore those completely out within 6 months and then they sucked in Utah winter weather or any rain storm. Part of the reason we added the H2.

Dont' race anymore; crazy sport, might as well do crack. When I was racing the #94 RT/10 Viper with the Viper Club of America back around 1996, won a third place refrigerator magnet at Gateway in St. Louis that said, "Congratulations, Third Place." Figured it cost me $1000. Sold the Viper and bought two Mini Coopers to campaign in SCCA ProSolo and AX. My co-driver won a number of races on the West coast swing with my #14 H Stock MiniCooper, I really only did well against easier competition in Utah and Rocky Mt states. So I was better at setting cars up than driving them...again, $1000 for refrigerator magenets...

Sold all the race gear early this year and bought a boat, I'm a better sailor than racer anyway.

LtCdrAugs
Old 08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

TBD
I'll tell my husband about your clutch trick. He spends alot of time on a caddy forum, http://www.cadillacforums.com I think, and has gleaned ALOT of information from those guys! Thats where he learned about the fix for the wheel hop. The dealer techs didn't even know about it yet! Great site! We also take off the run-flats in the winter and only run them in the summer. You're right, they are a little squirrely for wet roads which around here is quite often! He's is currently trying to blow the rear-end so he can get it replaced. The rear end and wheel-hop are the only weak links in this car, which really don't affect anything if you drive like grandma, but if you drive it like it's made to be driven, there are issues that caddy needs to deal with. Otherwise love it and (knock on wood) no tickets yet!
Sounds like you had a good time racing! We're big racing fans here, but you couldn't pay me to go that fast in a car! Scary! I understand about the magnet thing! We spent years and thousands of dollars on showing horses. We've gotten out of it now, but we do have a couple boxes of trophies, ribbons and a really cool belt buckle to show for it!
Have fun with your new boat..we've traded the horses for waterfront and boats too! No more cleaning stalls. Yea!!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christa:
...but you couldn't pay me to go that fast in a car! Scary! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to go try the Richard Petty Driving Experience. What a BLAST that is

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christa:

You need to go try the Richard Petty Driving Experience. What a BLAST that is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure it would be quite an adrenaline rush! I would probably wet my pants or at the very least not be able to stand on my own 2 legs when I climbed out of the car! LOL!
Have you done it?! I've been wanting my husband to try it for a long time.
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:

You need to go try the Richard Petty Driving Experience. What a BLAST that is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure it would be quite an adrenaline rush! I would probably wet my pants or at the very least not be able to stand on my own 2 legs when I climbed out of the car! LOL!
Have you done it?! I've been wanting my husband to try it for a long time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did it a couple of times and it was great. The first time I went I just did the ride along. We were the first car out that morning so went 3 extra laps to warm up the tires. First turn when the driver was really running it the back end kicked out about 20 degree. When we got back to the pits he said he looked at me at that moment and I had a huge grin on my face so he kept in it. I personally thought it added more of a thrill to the whole experience and wasn't concerned with getting hurt at those speed with nobody else on the track. Driving is even better but you need to be with a group that isn't afraid to run them. If someone isn't following the right line on the track they will slow down so they do I highly recommend it for your husband.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Ooooh! How fast did you go and how much did it cost you if you don't mind my asking? I have goose bumps just thinking about it!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Hummer Guru

Ooooh! How fast did you go and how much did it cost you if you don't mind my asking? I have goose bumps just thinking about it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't go really fast when driving, think it was about 120 MPH. It has been about 7 years since I did it. Riding you got to go faster but don't recall how fast. The track here is at Disney and is fairly small so I think larger tracks allow you to go faster. When I did it I was working on doing some video and animation for them so the price was great $0 I took a few clients down to do it too and they loved every second.

I did just go and look and the prices have come down I believe, starting at $99 to ride and $379 to drive. Go to http://www.1800bepetty.com to find the track nearest you.

I think you would love the ride along though

Old 08-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Thanks for the info Newbie. I just might have to do that! Not nearly as much as I thought it would be.
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Hummer Guru

Not nearly as much as I thought it would be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can spend a few grand though