H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-18-2005, 05:40 AM
Banned

DRTYF? (the imposter) is off the scale

This is just my personal opinion.. But I'd like to hear yours.
The h3 is just a Chevy Colorado, same frame same lame engine.. Its also dirt cheap and takes away whats left of the hummer exclusivty. Why all the hype? Your thoughts?
Maybe how the H1 owners felt when the h2 arrived.. But at least the H2 has a place.. I mean the H1 is a turd to drive on the street. What purpose does the H3 serve other then to put a hummer in the hands of soccormom..
Old 05-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

First of all, I love Hummers. I drove a Hummer when I was in the military and I'm so happy to own an H2. This is just GM's way of reaching out to all classes. From what I've heard and read, there will be an entire Hummer lineup by '07. GM is also reportedly working on releasing an H4 soon. I didn't like the H3 at first look but now I like it. I don't like it when people try to thrash what GM is doing by saying "That's not a real Hummer. Well, actually it is. GM bought out AM General and Saab just like Ford bought out Land Rover and Jaguar. Do you ever hear anyone saying "That's not a real Range Rover." Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I love the Hummer so much that I can see myself owning the entire lineup. H1,H2,H3, and H4. Give GM credit for making the Hummer more street/road friendly.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
2024 Rivian R1S Adventure
2024 GMC Sierra AT4X HD
2024 GMC Hummer EV 2X SUV
Old 05-18-2005, 07:19 AM
Banned

But the H3 is not a hummer.. Its a Chevy Colorado.. Thats the point.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by H2GuyPerson:
Well, some people say that the H2 is just a Tahoe. True the H2 shares some components with the Tahoe and the H3 shares components with the Colorado but the Hummers have their own identity. I've owned 2 Tahoes and 1 Avalanche and liked them all. GM is number one on my list. It's family tradition for me and I have never had any major problems with any of my GM products.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
2024 Rivian R1S Adventure
2024 GMC Sierra AT4X HD
2024 GMC Hummer EV 2X SUV
Old 05-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with CBR on this and if this is all in fun, then that's fine as a little ribbing is good. If you truly think the H3 is beneath being called a Hummer than you should consider the old saying "People who live in glass houses should not through stones". Based on what your saying, you don't drive a real Hummer, you drive an H2. I don't think the other H2 owners here would agree with you on that. Personally I like all Hummers, 1-3 and I believe they are all true Hummers. If we base what is a true Hummer on whether it shares components with any other vehicle, then how many here really drive a true Hummer. I guess that any Hummer built after GM bought AM General is not a Hummer? Right now an H2 is not in the budget for me other than maybe a used 03 but an H3 gives me the styling and for the most part the off road capabilities at a more affordable price. If you don't like the H3 because it will take away from the exclusivity of the Hummer line then your a too late. At least around here you can expect to see a H2 at any given intersection and plenty of them are driven by soccer moms. Many of these people got them so they can say they have a Hummer but it will never go off the pavement. Is this why you got one? From what I have seen most of the H2 owners here got them for its capabilities. Again, if this is all in fun, then it's all good. If not, come back and repost when you get an H1 Alpha.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Quote:

That is the exact same thing some people were saying about the H2 when it came out. The H2 is not a Hummer, it's a Tahoe.
I think you should welcome the H3. It's not taking anything away from the H1 or H2.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

That's really a silly comment. All manufacturers share frames and parts for their line-up. Is a Lexus just a Toyota, an Acura just a Honda? I hardly think so. Furthermore, the H3 was developed to go off-road maybe better than an h2 tbd, but certainly better than a colorado. Vehicles are not defined by their frames. GM uses one of its car frames for Pontiacs all the way up to the Saab line.

I seriously would not bash the h3, it could out do you very soon.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I take back my welcome to the newguy. That's a stupid way to start a thread. I like the H3.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

H2GayPerson = Troll

I like the H3 from everything I've seen.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:20 PM

h2sin is off the scale

I'll drive anything with a Hummer badge on it plain and simple
Old 05-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the fact that Hummer came out with a vehicle that more people can afford. There are a large contingency of on- and off-road enthusiasts who love Hummers but simply can't afford the H1 or H2. I'd more than welcome them into our group - they share the love of the truck, they shouldn't be penalized because they can't spare an extra $50,000 for a vehicle.

I agree with Seth about the extra protection being optional, however - to a point. Both Hummer and Jeep started out as being known for their off-road prowess. But look how Jeep has changed in the past 10-15 years - they realize that there will always be a market for off-roaders, but there's an even larger market for those who like the styling or the Jeep name and will never take their vehicle off pavement. Hummer came to this realization with the H2 - only 5% take the beast off-road, even tho every single H2 owner pays for the heavy duty suspension and undercarriage protection. I know I bought mine for the styling, and only after I bought the truck did I get into off-roading. People who intend to take the H3 off road will buy the extra equipment. Those who buy it for the Hummer name or for the styling will be able to afford a nice truck that will basically be in the same class as the Grand Cherokee. Neither camp is wrong, they just have different lifestyles. This is the first time Hummer has begun to market towards that. I don't think it tarnishes the image, it just adds another option.

Stacy
Old 05-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Oh no, not another one.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:09 PM

4churchill is off the scale

what a fukin tool......I say we give this noob a "Full Metal Jacket" Blanket Beating!!!!

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 05-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Banned

I dont believe my post contained any hostility or flames.. I didnt expect all the hate.. Like I stated it was just my opinion. It looks like alot of you failed to read and/or comprehend my post at all.

I fail to see how that makes me a troll, but if thats the level of intelligence here maybe I made a mistake.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

As one of the big H3 advocates, I am not put off by your thread here. You asked for an opinion and you got one. I think if you look back at other postss, the first reaction from this forum was mixed on the intro of the H3...mostly about what it could do to resale values. Shake it off, and stay with us.....
Old 05-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Banned

How was I bashing the H3? It is a simple fact it shares the colorado frame and engine is it not? If thats a bash in itself then you see the problem very clear.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by funpilot:
As one of the big H3 advocates, I am not put off by your thread here. You asked for an opinion and you got one. I think if you look back at other postss, the first reaction from this forum was mixed on the intro of the H3...mostly about what it could do to resale values. Shake it off, and stay with us.....

Im sure I'll stick around Im hoping these replies arent a true representation of how this place is all the time.. Maybe I was a bit harsh with my opinion but keep in mind I am new to the Hummer line myself so Im only just now experiencing the feelings that you say were expressed here once before.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
... but if thats the level of intellegence here maybe I made a mistake.

Anyone with any intelligence could spend a very short time looking around here and realize that this is a community of people that love the Hummer line and don't take kindly to bashing any of them. I know that many here have more than one model and the number of H2 owners that have ordered H3s amazes me. So H2Guy, maybe you shouldn't be questioning the intelligence of the other users here, especially when you can not spell the word correctly. This is like walking into a sports bar in Boston and yelling the Red Sox blow. Not a smart move if you are trying to make friends.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights