H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

After seeing Black 05 post about his hummer being stolen..Need to find out, which alarm is the best bang for the buck???
Old 10-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

After seeing Black 05 post about his hummer being stolen..Need to find out, which alarm is the best bang for the buck???
Old 10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

we should all hire midgets and have them guard our rides from the roof with Mini 14's.....
Old 10-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try this but you might get a bunch of scratches
Attached Images

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

I'd go with a Clifford or Viper alarm that pages you when it goes off.

I have mine installed with paging ability, starter kill, motion sensor, tilt sensor (for rims), impact sensor and perimeter sensor. It also has a hidden back up siren with a back up battery in case they cut the first. One thing you can add is a very high dB siren inside the cabin. One that you can't stand to even be in the car when it's going off. I've got kids and a wife that can barely figure out the alarm so that's a no go for me.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Hummer Professional

I should also add that DEI is the maker of both Clifford and Viper so you can't go wrong. I've also got autostart on it.

I've heard a lot of problems with the Autopage alarms on H2's.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

We put one of those high dB sirens in a buddies truck years ago and it worked. His truck go broken into and nothing was stolen.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-14-2005, 05:23 PM

Poseur is off the scale

http://www.kickyride.com/gps2000.html
This alarm will call your cell phone and give you the street address of where your vehicle is at.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

redbulljunkie67 is off the scale

I have the Viper as well I also added a push button like the doors have to the hood and to the spare tire carrier.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

How much can I expect to spend on either the Clifford or Viper?
Old 10-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humm This:
That alarm sounds kickass, how much did it set you back?
Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Singh:
How much can I expect to spend on either the Clifford or Viper?
Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think with all the options I did (I forgot to add it rolls the windows up and down with one touch) it was close to $1k installed.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Both the Viper and Clifford are good kits. i'm trying to decide which one. At one time before Clifford got out of the market for a while You could not beat the Clifford. i do not know if they came back as strong as they were or not.
You will pay for each option You want. It comes with basic stuff but, to get where You would really like to be will run the 1K easily.
Whcih ever one We use We are going to add shock to the door handles. Will add verbal and warn they are getting to close and if they proceed they will get an electrical shock. I will have siren also. We are redesigning a TAZER to deliver the jolt that will not cause any damage except make them PISS their shoes full. Hoping the warning works but, if they press it they will be believers. Once We get it worked out I will be glad to give for free all the details so You can make the adjustments to Yours. You could do it with less priced alarms if it had verbal module.
I just know I feel bad For Black05 and some others and I'm just going to try something even if it sems extreme but, I have way to much sponsor money invested in the Girl to not be really proactive about theft right away.
If anyone comes up with more alarm choice please let usknow.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 10-15-2005, 02:48 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humm This:
Is this illegal, or just a liability. I don't think they could get far with a lawsuit or anything if they got warned in advanced. It's like touching an electric fence with a sign posted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point about the potential liabiity. Do that in Nevada and you'd better have verbal warnings in at least two languages. Even then, we have so many ambulance chasers it's almost a lock you'd get sued, even if someone got zapped while trying to jack your ride.

But hey, that's nothing compared to the anti-carjack flamethrower. Seen that yet? Google found this page and the video is something to see.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

that's a great video, where they trying to give her a light
Old 10-15-2005, 02:59 AM

rodster is off the scale

Oh, she got a light alright!
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Yeaah could be trouble but, We have hashed out different ways of it going down and it will have a verbal warning and We though about small warning label with it all saying There is no need for You to be near this vehicle it is locked and secured by the owner so no one but, Owner has access. I have several cousin lawyers and they are looking into it. BUt it would not hrt them just try to scare them. Like a 9 volt to the tongue type feeling.
Then you could have the retaliation of things being thrown but, I look at it like they going to tear it up anyway to steal stuff.

Hey any lawyers please jump in on this and let us know what could happen. I may make this and add it to My Website.

Honestly for MYself I'm going to take the risk and deal with consequences later. I'm just sick of these low life turds making a living off hard working people living.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges