H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

Alright, I've been a member here for a long time and was going to be one of the first SUT owners in CA before I cancelled my deposit to buy a house, which wound up being a great decision.

Anyway, I saw that GM is offering the Employee discount on their cars, including the H2 and have thought about getting one again before July.

I've got some questions that I'm sure some of you vets on here can answer w/o looking whereas it may take me a week to find the answers.

--Has anyone taken advantage of the Employee discount? I e-mailed my dealer and am awaiting response.

--Has anyone Dyno'd their truck after installing a Magna Supercharger? I know a lot of dealers are doing them and wondered what the HP increase is (engine not at the wheels) with SC and exhaust.

--Has anyone changed out their tire carrier on the SUT so you don't have that big plastic license plate holder in the middle? I found a pic online where there was nothing in front of the spare rim/tire and it looked great.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there will be more after browsing a bit. Good to be back.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Hummer Professional

Alright, I've been a member here for a long time and was going to be one of the first SUT owners in CA before I cancelled my deposit to buy a house, which wound up being a great decision.

Anyway, I saw that GM is offering the Employee discount on their cars, including the H2 and have thought about getting one again before July.

I've got some questions that I'm sure some of you vets on here can answer w/o looking whereas it may take me a week to find the answers.

--Has anyone taken advantage of the Employee discount? I e-mailed my dealer and am awaiting response.

--Has anyone Dyno'd their truck after installing a Magna Supercharger? I know a lot of dealers are doing them and wondered what the HP increase is (engine not at the wheels) with SC and exhaust.

--Has anyone changed out their tire carrier on the SUT so you don't have that big plastic license plate holder in the middle? I found a pic online where there was nothing in front of the spare rim/tire and it looked great.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there will be more after browsing a bit. Good to be back.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know exactly what to expect from the Employee Pricing program but my dealer told me that I could pretty much take $8K off the price of any H2 on the lot. Based on my experience so far, you can probably do better than that.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">--Has anyone Dyno'd their truck after installing a Magna Supercharger? I know a lot of dealers are doing them and wondered what the HP increase is (engine not at the wheels) with SC and exhaust. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a shop called the LAPD (Los Angeles Performance Division) in Chatsworth Ca do a dyno for me the readings are for power at the wheels. Those numbers were 334hp 367torque. The shop does a lot of dyno work and is the only 4 wheel drive shop I was able to find that could handle the weight of the H2. They said add 30% to the results to figure out what the hp is a the block.
So assuming you are looking to do a SC and you are planning on doing headers, cat back, aftermarket air intake, and electronic fans your results should be around the same point.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

The dealer is not going to pull your motor just to dyno it. Fubar is right on the 30%.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:55 PM

h2sin is off the scale

The factory tire carrier is more sturdy and has a cleaner look compare to the aftermarket ones. You can remove the license plate holder and mount it on the side easily but get another center cap for the spare(there is a steel tube in the center that helps support the wheel, sorta ugly if you leave it exposed )
Old 06-16-2005, 04:20 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

All the respondants have been spot on. The only thing that hasn't been addressed is the employee discount. I know someone who, just today, bought an H2 under the E.D. program. She got about $10K off and they kept finding additional places to cut $1k here and $1k there. You should be able to cut a great deal. Also, they say the E.D. can't be combined with any other discounts, but that's B.S. They let her use the points off her GM credit car and even added to them!
Old 06-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2sin:
The factory tire carrier is more sturdy and has a cleaner look compare to the aftermarket ones. You can remove the license plate holder and mount it on the side easily but get another center cap for the spare(there is a steel tube in the center that helps support the wheel, sorta ugly if you leave it exposed ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found this on Ebay from Lund Hummer of AZ. You can see that there is no license plate holder, which looks WAY better IMO, and all you see is the rim. This is basically what I would be looking for.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2005, 05:59 PM

h2sin is off the scale

That's the factory tire carrier, you can achieve that look with slight modification
Old 06-16-2005, 06:02 PM

twinsdad is off the scale

i spoke to my dealer and you know they will sell me a lux model h2 for 49,000 no big savings, really i have a 2003 h2 i love that i bought last july with 11,000 miles on it a lux model with lexani wheels and a hard cover spare carrier for 42,000, i am looking at purchasing an additional h2 for 46,000 it is a lux model h2 2004 with chrome factor wheels and only 3300 miles, i know owning a new one would be fun but i dont think it is worth it, i think all gm did was remove any incentives for lower interest rates, and discounts and then we get the employee discount. My thought is wait as long as you can wait, their sales are in the dump and they have to move units. Actually a lightly used h2 is a much better buy unless you need the sut. hope that all makes sense