H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-18-2005, 12:28 PM

chromeless is off the scale

I asked this before but got no response so will try again.
If you use GMS to buy the vehicle do you get a discount on the extended warranty? Is there an employee price for the extended warranty? Also what have you all spent on you extended warranties? I went to gmpricing.com and printed out a sheet with employee price listed for all options, am I correct in that this is the GMS price? I ask for if the dealer tries to get me to pay more I know I am getting screwed.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:28 PM

I asked this before but got no response so will try again.
If you use GMS to buy the vehicle do you get a discount on the extended warranty? Is there an employee price for the extended warranty? Also what have you all spent on you extended warranties? I went to gmpricing.com and printed out a sheet with employee price listed for all options, am I correct in that this is the GMS price? I ask for if the dealer tries to get me to pay more I know I am getting screwed.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

There is an employee price for extended warranties issued by GMAC (MIC), however, you must be an employee. If it says it is employee prices, it is employee prices.
If you are an employee, you should know that the dealer cannot charge you more than the GMS price noted on the invoice; that includes processing fees.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the help f5fstop. I am not an employee, my wifes father is a retaired employee so we get the GMS pricing. He never really used the program so has no idea about it, so I am trying to figure it all out and asking many questions. Do you know what the employee price for extended warranties issued by GMAC is and how many miles/years is it good for? And again thank you for your help.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cromeless:
Thanks for the help f5fstop. I am not an employee, my wifes father is a retaired employee so we get the GMS pricing. He never really used the program so has no idea about it, so I am trying to figure it all out and asking many questions. Do you know what the employee price for extended warranties issued by GMAC is and how many miles/years is it good for? And again thank you for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. They have numerous different plans for different mileages/years, and options. You do not have to purchase a plan right away. I will say I bet it will be expensive.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:47 PM

A dealer told me that GM will not be taking orders on H3s after the end of October, is this true?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Hummer Guru

Something I can't answer on, but I would be curious as to why? They are selling quite well, and by Federal Law (known as the one January for model year law), they have to produce 2006 H3s after January 1, 2006.
Every model year designation, in this case, "2006," has to have "x" number of vehicles manufactured after January 1 of the model year designation.
From what I have heard it will have a normal end of model year production date. Hummerbuilder might be able to give a more definitive answer on this one.

From another angle, I only believe 10 percent of what most salespersons tell me, and I'm too busy laughing at them to understand what the other 10 percent they are saying means. (Please note I said, "most," not all.)
Old 10-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

Yeah, we salsmens ar purty dum sumtymes.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:42 AM

993 is off the scale

No, not dumb. Just have a lying problem or lack of info.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like bad info. Most sales people do not take the time to learn their product. GM has a great program for Hummer. Training is tied to dealer money so most Hummer people are smarter then the avaerage bear. Don't need a GM exteded on a H3. Aftermarket cost on a 24/36 is about 1,000.00. Don't buy one till the regular 4/50 runs out.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:07 PM

If I wait until the 4/50 runs out can I walk into a Hummer dealer and buy one at the GMS price? Also I am a little lost on GMID and GMS.
Is GMID the GM in driveway program and GMS the GM supplier program? I see that GMS is a better deal but on the gm family first site it says that GM in driveway is the same deal as GMS but it not, from what I have found. I found this off the family first site.

"What is the GM in the Driveway vehicle discount?
Individuals who participate in the GM in the Driveway program enjoy the same preferred pricing that GM suppliers enjoy."
I am so confused please help.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone will correct me if I am wrong here but this is how I understand it.

GMS is what they call or called the GM Employee program and it is better than the GMID or Supplier programs. As I recall, there is a lot of confusion regarding the GMS and Supplier programs. GMID and Supplier programs are roughly the same discount if not exactly.

Hope I am correct and this helps.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Someone will correct me if I am wrong here but this is how I understand it.

GMS is what they call or called the GM Employee program and it is better than the GMID or Supplier programs. As I recall, there is a lot of confusion regarding the GMS and Supplier programs. GMID and Supplier programs are roughly the same discount if not exactly.

Hope I am correct and this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got it...GMS is employee is about 2% under invoice, GMID and supplier is about 2% over invoice.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
Yeah, we salsmens ar purty dum sumtymes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please note I said, "most," and that includes Hummer sales people. The first one I came across new as much about a Hummer than my neighbors three year old, and he had been to training.
The second one was a lot better, and more importantly, when he asked where I worked, what I did, he understood to ask more questions to learn, than to try and BS on things he didn't know. That earned my respect, and he got a sale.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point

My thoughts exactly...I went to one dealer and with all the research I had done prior to test driving I was able to answer my own questions. That sales person didn't know squat about the product he was trying to sell me and he claimed to have been trained recently. I then went to another dealer and he was much more informative answered all my questions made some suggetions, showed the tricked out H3 he drove around. He asked me questions as to what I do, my home situation and from what I felt genuinely tried to get to know me and what I was looking for in a vehicle, so the sale went to him.