H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-10-2003, 10:50 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Got my registration renewal yesterday.....Take guess anyone?

$1,230.00 for registration tabs. I can't believe I am going to say this, anyone else thought of registering their car in another state? I am! This is crap.

We (everone in CA) should refuse to pay for our registration and see how the state likes that. Its only a fix it ticket anyway, that is providing it is not a year old, then they could tow it for expired registration.

This sucks!

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 09-10-2003, 10:50 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Got my registration renewal yesterday.....Take guess anyone?

$1,230.00 for registration tabs. I can't believe I am going to say this, anyone else thought of registering their car in another state? I am! This is crap.

We (everone in CA) should refuse to pay for our registration and see how the state likes that. Its only a fix it ticket anyway, that is providing it is not a year old, then they could tow it for expired registration.

This sucks!

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 09-10-2003, 11:58 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

I feel your pain Hee Haw. But nothing like Ill feel it in January. Im with you, This sucks.

Ya know what else sucks? (especialy for you) The state giving drivers liscenses to any one who want's one, here leagely or not. Wait, doesn't that make them a felon? Will it take another 9-11 before we wake up?? Im with Micheal Savage on this one! Let's close the boarders and figure out what the heck is going on in this awsome country of ours wile we still can
Old 09-11-2003, 12:19 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

I'm with ya..................

Don't even get me started on that crap! DL's for everyone.....yea that'll solve the problem. GRAY should be...........well RECALLED! He's a freak'n IDIOT!

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 09-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

My H2 renewal due 9/26 is $361. But just got Jaguar renewal(Nov), tripled last year's renewal cost. You can do something about it, I just did! I mailed in our votes to remove Gov. Davis and voted for Arnold.

The problem is not the Mexican workers, legal or not legal. They contribute greatly to California, to every aspects of California life and strengthen our economy, they were, are and will be part of us, we must live with it, benefit from it and embrace it, or you can complain and complain and complain.

The problem is those big spender politicians and special interest groups, they are the ones taking more money out of our pockets and wasted it away. Now they are coming back to us to ask us to trust them and give them more money. Some people actually believe them.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:37 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Who said anything about Mexican workers? The state said ANYONE, I thought. Unfortunatly along with that (due to our system) this will allow alot of illegal alien's (race non-specific) to regester to vote as well.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM

DocH2 is off the scale

Mac,

Mine is due in Nov and just sent $1050 to register my H2.

Glad Peter U. stepped down. Now if McClintock will wait until the 1st of Oct and do the same...Arnold is probably as good as in.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:44 AM

bmac is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The problem is not the Mexican workers, legal or not legal. They contribute greatly to California, to every aspects of California life and strengthen our economy, they were, are and will be part of us, we must live with it, benefit from it and embrace it, or you can complain and complain and complain <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MAC,
I'm certainly not an expert on economics and don't live in California. So take these comments with a grain of salt. But we have aour share of illegal immigrants in my state too. They do serve a useful purpose of working many of the low-wage jobs many citizens refuse to accept. In Georgia, the poultry and carpet idustries, building contractors, landscapers, etc employ a number of undocumented aliens. And, of course, they profit greatly from this practice. Whether or not the savings enjoyed by the buisnesses are passed down to the consumer - I don't know. Clearly, these illegals add to the economy with the money they spend here.

However, I read recently about the billions of dollars these illegals earn here then send back to Mexico to support their families there. Certainly not adding this to our economy. Also, the illegals do not contribute to the tax base yet enjoy the benefits of our government programs and services - from education to healthcare. A federal judge has determined that illegal aliens are entitled to government services. Excuse me but isn't this ruling just a little hard to swallow? When we cater to those who successfully thwart the system we undermine efforts to control immigration from all countries. Why would anyone want to jump through the beaurocratic hoops to immigrate legally when they see our government fail to enforce existing immigration laws?

So, I disagree with your conclusion that because some contribution to the state is made by the efforts of illegal aliens that we should embrace them. I believe they are more of a liability than an asset and that every effort should be made to (1) stop the influx of illegals who cross our borders and (2)identify and detain all undocumented aliens and return them to the other side of the border.

Yeah, you may have to pay a little more for your lawncare, but people who enter our country illegally have no right to be here and should be shipped back home. Embrace them? No way!

Oh, and BTW - this influx across our southern border could be stopped if our government officials weren't obliged to the lobbyists courting the minority vote. Armed National Guardsmen posted on the border between Texas and California would be a good place to start. And, of course, all undocumented aliens captured would have to be returned immediately without prolonged detention or hearings before a judge. Just "Hasta la vista, baby!"
Old 09-11-2003, 02:57 AM

HUMMUH is off the scale

New to the forum but thought I would give you an idea of how the rest of us are dealing with registration fees. My 2001 Denali is $57.00 a year in New Mexico.

Hoping the 2004 H2 I am gunning for is less than $100 so I can afford some accessories.

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds just thought you might want to knowa good place to register.

Svennw
Future Owner of a 2004 H2

04 H2,Lux, Nav, Air Suspension, Polished Vortech Supercharger, BP Ram Air Towers, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Dbl. Brushguard, Polished Skid Plate, MC2 Hum-Loc II Wheels, Delphi XM, Rear Tire Mount
Old 09-11-2003, 05:36 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

"Glad Peter U. stepped down. Now if McClintock will wait until the 1st of Oct and do the same...Arnold is probably as good as in."

McClintock(sp?) must step down now. We received our absentee ballots yesterday, many people are sending them in now, if he steps down Oct 1, all the votes for him will be wasted. Divided people always lose, always.

The 2nd biggest national income for Mexico is the wages they send home, (first is oil), that money feed the family, pay for education and raise their living standard. When our next door neighbors do better, we do well; if they are hungry and jobless, they pick up the guns. When the labor cost is lower, the price is lowered or less increases, of course it helps everyone, including you and me.

We have high walls, deep rivers and tens of thousands of border agents, plus all sorts of hi-tech gadgets, we catch them and send them back and they come back with ease. We are doing everything you want already. Might as well face the reality, they will come and keep on coming. The same way many of our parents and grandparents and great grandparents came, for the exact same reasons. This is the greatest country on earth. These are the cards you got in your hands, you make the best out of them, not to waste time complaining about the bad cards you got or wish you have better cards.

In California, you have to be very careful what you say about Mexicans. I have Mexican American friends and employees, there is absolutely no way you'll know they are Mexican Americans by the look, cloth or skin. They are not only a part of California, but they were the original Californians.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:40 PM

JP is off the scale

IMO I don't think McClinktock has the votes to beat Arnold for Governor of CA.. I mean, I saw the guy on H&C last night and he's just twitchy. But, his staying in the race just splits Republican votes and he's just hurting the party as a whole by staying in. If he bows out to give those votes to Arnold his image will look better overall and when he tries to run for something else he'll have a better chance.

Do your part! Here's a link to Arnold's Website.

The Terminator!

I actually signed up to get a sign for my house. It's going to really piss off the lawyers in the neighborhood.

To be fare here's McClintock Mr. Twitchy

[This message was edited by JP on 09-11-03 at 09:02 AM.]