H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road
Default Style Carbon Fiber Hood

check this out.
http://www.carbonfiberhoods.net/prod...oducts_id/1685
Old 04-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Style Carbon Fiber Hood

whats the point?

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

RICE!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't go that far as to say its a rice add on. If you didn't already know Carbon Fiber is lighter then fiber glass and stonger at the same time. Take the SLR Merc, the body is made from Carbon Fiber.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Thumbs up Re: Style Carbon Fiber Hood

Tex h2 is right about the carbon hood. Dragon does use allot of carbon stuff and that material is tough. Now I know about H2 carbon hood I'm going to check out how much other stuff offered for exterior. I'm talking about buying it and painting it. I want it because it will not chip around the edges. We have to be on look out for edge chipping before shows in enough time to repair and paint. Dragon is skilled at hand laying carbon and I had thought about asking him if edges could be layed carbon. Dragon would have to either build reverse cowl scoop or really take scoop off the factory hood and put layers on it inside out to mold it carbon hood. No problem Dragon would do it his way.

Thanks for this heads up. I just have not given thought to exterior carbon much less a hood. I have just seen interior carbon.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 04-08-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Elcova Rookie

yncy515 is on a distinguished road

i want set up the sounds of my hummer.
any advice i can get from you will be very much appreciated.
thank you..

Audi S4 Axle Assembly rules
Audi S4 Brake Caliper knows what you need.

Last edited by yncy515 : 04-09-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Elcova Newbie

illstreet is on a distinguished road

I'm from illstreet, the company selling the carbon fiber hood you linked to. The cf hood WOULD lower the weight to about half the weight of the stock hood. They're pretty strong too. I've seen these things get run over and then installed on car again with minor cracks in the clear.

Here's the downside, I have a YJ with 44s and I wouldn't dream of expecting a carbon fiber hood to continue to look "pretty" even after one trip to tellico or coal creek.

If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them. Also, we're having a contest where you can win that hood for free by posting our stickers in conspicuous places and sending a picture. No purchase is necessary so if you want to enter check out the details on the front page of our website.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2
I wouldn't go that far as to say its a rice add on. If you didn't already know Carbon Fiber is lighter then fiber glass and stonger at the same time. Take the SLR Merc, the body is made from Carbon Fiber.

I still don;t understand putting a CF hood on an H2.

I can see it if you are building a show truck or something. CF, at least what I have delt with, I had a bike with CF skins, fairing, chain stays, rear hugger, etc. The point was for lighter dressings. That stuff scratched up so easily and showed every mark.

I can only imagine someone putting this on thier daily driver and having scratches everywhere. Other than that, it would look cool on a black truck. The price seems good too.

But TO ME, putting CF hood on, is like adding a spoiler to the back....
Old 04-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Hummer Authority

illstreet
I would like to get into deeper talks than just winning a hood. I will PM you my phone number. Many of the newer guys are just getting use to my customization program as well as power for a future run at measured mile world record at "The Texas Mile". More later. Right now we are in negotiation with 3 different companies to be in there booth with their product at SEMA 08
It does not prevent segway of other products being on MY rig for others to say hey booth # has our product but, it is not possible to discuss it there. We have a program that we are talking to smaller companies pooling resources for a booth and talk to contacts yourselves. I think you get the idea and I would like to discuss other carbon fiber parts. We will be doing 3rd paint job this summer since new 2005. We will start with media blast to bare metal using a metal file this time. We are talking to paint sponsor but, at this time the company that is wanting there product on My H2 is a major brake company but, we are not set on them with others talking as well. I will PM you today a phone number and let you know more as far just conversation followed by a complete proposal should it be needed after I get pics to you with a complete sponsor list and product. We have to decide which of two directions to go and get booth size need or get our own as we are a pro custom shop and are at point to bring awareness to Mid-America of our services.

Thanks for Your time.

MotorsportsAuthority.com/Dragon and HummerCustoms.com/TAZ

timgco
I'm surprised You are not more open mind to this carbon fiber hood or whatever the product. You once were the one always finding or coming up with some stuff that really made US think allot. I know you are not getting old Buddy. Get back to leading with ideas or answers to the off the wall stuff. Your a good Guy proud to have been your friend since summer of 2004.

TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by illstreet
I'm from illstreet, the company selling the carbon fiber hood you linked to. The cf hood WOULD lower the weight to about half the weight of the stock hood. They're pretty strong too. I've seen these things get run over and then installed on car again with minor cracks in the clear.

Here's the downside, I have a YJ with 44s and I wouldn't dream of expecting a carbon fiber hood to continue to look "pretty" even after one trip to tellico or coal creek.

If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them. Also, we're having a contest where you can win that hood for free by posting our stickers in conspicuous places and sending a picture. No purchase is necessary so if you want to enter check out the details on the front page of our website.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Elcova Newbie

illstreet is on a distinguished road

Give me a call. I'm not sure I really follow but I'd be glad to talk to you.
864 316 9939
M-F 8am-5pm PST
Old 04-13-2008, 04:00 AM
Hummer Authority

will do illstreet

TAZ