H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

Finally got my H3 back today after 2 weeks.I just learned that they screwed up my remote starter I had installed.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Expert

Finally got my H3 back today after 2 weeks.I just learned that they screwed up my remote starter I had installed.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh no...
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Dealerships HATE aftermarket electronics on vehicles under warranty. Especially if it is installed without regard to vehicle schematics. Typically, self installers will splice into system critical power feeds causing all kinds of problems with modules and resistance values.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 11-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
Dealerships HATE aftermarket electronics on vehicles under warranty. Especially if it is installed without regard to vehicle schematics. Typically, self installers will splice into system critical power feeds causing all kinds of problems with modules and resistance values. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to totally agree with that. Aftermarket installations can be a nightmare for dealers. They don't have the schematics, have no idea how the installer did the connection, etc.
When in the field a few years ago, this was a big problem. Customers would install items by cutting and splicing, and the splicer were not tight, and all sorts of problems would arise, and many had a hard time understanding why GM would not back this under warranty.
Not saying yours was not installed correctly, since I can't see how it was installed.
I will also mention that some of the worse installations I have seen were from BestBuy and Circuit City, while the best installs were usually done by a small shop with knowledgeable technicians.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Hummer Expert

Ok I may have left out a little detail.The dealer called me and told me that they took the remote starter apart to see if that was causing my problems which it wasnt.He then told me he thinks they put it back together correctly,well they where wrong.You think maybe they would have tried it before giving me back the truck is that to much to ask.Bottom line is it doesnt matter if they hate aftermarket equip it worked when i brought it in and it should work when i get it back.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
Ok I may have left out a little detail.The dealer called me and told me that they took the remote starter apart to see if that was causing my problems which it wasnt.He then told me he thinks they put it back together correctly,well they where wrong.You think maybe they would have tried it before giving me back the truck is that to much to ask.Bottom line is it doesnt matter if they hate aftermarket equip it worked when i brought it in and it should work when i get it back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2! So, what are they doing about it?

BTW- Did your truck tearn out OK? Did you take it to the carwash to see if it leaks?
I hope they got everything else done for you.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Hummer Expert

I got it back yesterday finally.They want me to go to the place that installed starter and se if the can fix what they screwed up.Oh ya TIPS.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
Oh ya TIPS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 12-01-2005, 12:41 PM

1COOLH3 is off the scale

I hope the people you are pissed are the remote installers.

I dont know the whole story but from what I've read it looks like you had the remote starter installed prior to having BCM problems. Then after having the remote disconnected and a new BCM installed it starts and runs correctly.

That tells me the installers did something and screwed up the BCM.

At our GMC dealership if a truck comes with a starting or driveablity problem and has a remote start we wont even touch until it's disonnected- either by the installer or us. We even had a truck with one start by itself up on a hoist!

Most of those aftermarket installers are hacks and with todays extremely sensitive electronics they are more trouble than they are worth.

You would'nt beleive how many times a customer comes in and says their problem has nothing to do with there aftermarket stuff and it turns out to be exactly what the problem is.

But hey- the Dealer is always to blame right?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Hummer Expert

sorry 1coolh3 you are way off base.the remoter starter had nothing to do with the BCM module.If the starter was cause of BCM problem ,they would have charge me for the repairs and the rental car.Besides it was confirmed by the dealer that there was a water leak.That remote starter has been in my H3 since August and everthing was fine.If you read some previous post, I said the dealer took my remote starter apart to see if that was the problem and it was not.They attempted to put it back together and obviously they did it wrong.Dealer is at fault here and they admit it.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:29 PM

1COOLH3 is off the scale

Not the first time I was wrong and it wont be the last.

I guess the the point I was trying to make is everyone should be very careful about installing aftermarket equipment. Make sure you use a knowledgeable and trustworthy aftermarket installer.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Hummer Expert

no biggie