Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 10-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anti-Gay Kansas Church....

...Cancels Protests at Funerals for Slain Amish Girls

The controversial anti-homosexual Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., has canceled its plans to stage a protest at the funerals of the five Amish girls executed in their Pennsylvania school, a church official said Wednesday.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, the daughter of church's pastor, told FOXNews.com the group canceled the protests in exchange for an hour of radio time Thursday on syndicated talk-show host Mike Gallagher's radio program.

"We're not going to any of the Amish funerals ? that's the agreement we're making ? that we won't go to any of them," Phelps-Roper told FOXNews.com.

On Tuesday, the church posted a flyer touting the demonstrations in response to the attendance of Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, who has spoken out against the church publicly. Both Amish and non-Amish residents of Lancaster County ? where the shooting took place ? have vowed to not allow any protesters anywhere near the funeral services; Rendell called the church members "insane."

Phelps-Roper, daughter of Rev. Fred Phelps, said the church had planned to cancel the protests if given media time on radio and television as a platform to espouse Westboro's beliefs.

Gallagher said that church officials would have to sign a document making them liable for the airtime if they broke their promise not to demonstrate.

"It's awful for me to give up an hour of my radio show ... but I think it?s worth the sacrifice to keep them away," Gallagher said.

But she defended the church's initial decision to protest at the Amish girls' funerals.

"Those Amish people, everyone is sitting around talking about those poor little girls ? blah, blah, blah ? they brought the wrath upon themselves," Phelps-Roper said, adding that the Amish "don't serve God, they serve themselves."

On Monday, Charles Carl Roberts IV killed five girls ? Naomi Rose Ebersole, 7; Anna Mae Stoltzfus, 12; Marian Fisher, 13; Mary Liz Miller, 8; and her sister Lena Miller, 7 ? in a rural Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster County, Pa.

Donald Kraybill, a professor of sociology at Elizabethtown College in Lancaster County, Pa., calls the church's plans a publicity stunt.

"I don't think there's any connection between the Amish incident and their agenda. They just want to get in the spotlight," Kraybill said. "It's giving them national attention and it's a cheap and easy and really terrible way to gain some visibility."

The church's latest flyer, posted on its Web site notes these protests will be against Rendell for "slanderous" statements against the church.

Westboro's latest rhetoric is in line with the other beliefs of it's 70 church members, who hold that the deaths of U.S. troops are God's punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuality.

The Westboro Baptist Church has made its name demonstrating at the funerals of soldiers killed in the Iraq war. Their controversial and colorful placards proclaim their anti-gay stance with slogans such as "Thank God for Dead Soldiers," "America Is Doomed" and "Soldier Fag in Hell."

Before it garnered national attention, the church made its name around Kansas, where 16 years ago, it started protested the funerals of AIDS victims. And while their demonstrations of late have focused on the funerals of U.S. soldiers, Westboro church members have taken their picket signs to the memorials for the 12 Sago miners who perished in January in West Virginia.

Earlier this year, prompted by the church protests, Congress passed a law that banned protesters from military funerals at federal cemeteries. More than a dozen states have passed similar legislation creating protest-free buffer zones around cemeteries during funerals.

Phelps-Roper told FOXNews.com in February that the church has a right to protest.

"We are delivering a message," Phelps-Roper said. "God is punishing this nation and he is using the IED [improvised explosive device] as his weapon of choice."

THESE f'ing people should be taken out and beaten and sent to their God in a black plastic bag. My blood pressure rises to extreme levels when I think of these low-life, scumbag, piece of s**ts protesting at a dead soldiers funeral. And now, to protest at these funerals for these innocent girls....
Old 10-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anti-Gay Kansas Church....

I wish they would protest somewhere locally here. I would LOVE too see them in person and possibly, well, lets just leave it at that.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

They're not going to protest in exchange for 1 hour of airtime on Mike Gallagher's radio show.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

That's awesome. Not really, but better than the protest. I saw it on FoxNews today.

If I were in that town, I would have planned for alot of 18 wheelers, farm equipment- (they have to be 3 football lengths away.) anything big to block them and then hire bagpipers or something to drown out thier sick voices and rants for the funeral and attendants.

I really hate those people, it takes a lot for me to hate- but I really hate them.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
That's awesome. Not really, but better than the protest. I saw it on FoxNews today.

If I were in that town, I would have planned for alot of 18 wheelers, farm equipment- (they have to be 3 football lengths away.) anything big to block them and then hire bagpipers or something to drown out thier sick voices and rants for the funeral and attendants.

I really hate those people, it takes a lot for me to hate- but I really hate them.

Can't believe they have not had thier asses handed to them a few times over by now!!!!!!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

Partsguy and I are nearby. They could call us up if they needed help.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
Old 10-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Vettster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2

Sounds like a job for another organization that I support:

http://patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx

Fukin Scumbags
Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
Crazy f***ing fanatics. They are no better than the crazy towel heads trying to blow us up

X 10 ....Thought the Same thing After watching that Sick Fukn bitch of FOX Yesterday!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Hummer Authority

I meant help to keep the protesters away in the above post.

Anyway, seems according to the news that all the scumbags are staying away. I think the funerals are today and tomorrow. There will be more in the next few days, as 9 year old girl was brought home to die today instead of dying at the hospital.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Hummer Authority

From HowardStern.com

AS BAD AS IT GETS

Howard took a call from Shirley, the head of the God Hates Fags group, and asked her why they were planning to picket the funerals of the five little girls who were killed Monday in the school shooting in Pennsylvania. Shirley explained that, “with one stroke,” God put the Amish religion “to shame” with the shootings, and added the Amish “deny the power of God,” which was the reason for the demonstration.

Howard then wondered, pretending what Shirley claimed was true, why she and her cohorts couldn’t be “decent” and leave the families of the girls alone. Shirley claimed she wanted to go to the funerals to “save” the murdered girls, and insisted she wouldn’t care if people picketed the funerals of her children if they died young. However, Shirley also acknowledged she and her friends wouldn’t be attending the funerals of the slain girls after all, explaining she would be on a news show on Fox instead.

After Howard took a number of calls from listeners incensed with Shirley, Howard said he thought Shirley was merely mad at God for giving her “a horse face,” and couldn’t be too pleased with her dentist either.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD

It is really scary to see people behaving like this. I wonder if JC would consider their behavior Christian, or would he get Pops to ensure there was a special very hot place reserved for them...
No kidding.

Should we atzrt talking about her kids now?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
No kidding.

Should we atzrt talking about her kids now?
I really don't think it's nice to talk about people
Old 10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 10-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What, It....really needs--is Taken out by 4 or 5 Hot Clam Bumpers, and given a day of Forced Multi orgasams..... .........Of Course.... that would create another Monster! ....She'd Move to San Fran!.....March in Gay Rights Parades...Open a Sex toy--Party-Frachise!.....Just To Stalk Hot Young Girls To Force Multi Orgasams On!........Well, That And Demo products!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z
What, It....really needs--is Taken out by 4 or 5 Hot Clam Bumpers, and given a day of Forced Multi orgasams..... .........Of Course.... that would create another Monster! ....She'd Move to San Fran!.....March in Gay Rights Parades...Open a Sex toy--Party-Frachise!.....Just To Stalk Hot Young Girls To Force Multi Orgasams On!........Well, That And Demo products!
at least she wouldn't breed anymore
Old 10-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Did any of you see that crazy bitch on Fox News "talkng points" with Hannity and Colmes? What a looney bucket head

I can't believe they would put such a dumb ass on the air.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Certain people I can't watch on TV....
Her,
Gore
Kerry,
Clinton (slick Willie and the thing he is married too),
Pilosi,
Kennedy
Boxer

and to not sound like a screaming conservative...
Rumsfeld
Santorium
Foley