H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

I took my H2 to the ocean this weekend and happened to see another H2 there with a little lift on it. I mentioned to my husband that I thought it looked nice. Now mind you, he's been pushing me to lift mine since I brought it home and I have been adamant that I didn't want it lifted..so he is jumping all over this with glee! (That doesn't sound right...Lets say manly exuberance ) He just called me from Les Schwaab and said that they are going to do a 6" Fabtech lift for me on friday. I'm only running 37x13.50x20 Toyo MT's and I think 6" is too big. It will make my tires look silly. I'm thinking a 4" would look better. Anyone running either that has an opinion?
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

I took my H2 to the ocean this weekend and happened to see another H2 there with a little lift on it. I mentioned to my husband that I thought it looked nice. Now mind you, he's been pushing me to lift mine since I brought it home and I have been adamant that I didn't want it lifted..so he is jumping all over this with glee! (That doesn't sound right...Lets say manly exuberance ) He just called me from Les Schwaab and said that they are going to do a 6" Fabtech lift for me on friday. I'm only running 37x13.50x20 Toyo MT's and I think 6" is too big. It will make my tires look silly. I'm thinking a 4" would look better. Anyone running either that has an opinion?
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Christa, Phil has 38's with his Fabtech 6" lift and it looks great. After getting it done you can always sell your and get the larger one's later.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Thanks Ken, My husband would love to put 40's under it if he could, I just worry about it being tough to get around in easily with that much more height. Our F350 is a PITA to manuever so I'm a littly shy of to much lift and tires. Does Phil have any pics on the board that I should look for?
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

check at the *******club.com, they've got pics and tech discussions over there....

'03 H2
Old 08-09-2005, 12:25 AM

Diana is off the scale

Hey Christa. I know you mentioned that you have children. As a practical thing... how are they going to get in and out easily? When I get my Hummer, I will want to lift it too. However, I don't know how I would get my three dogs (tow Rotties & a Pit Bull) into the thing. I am six feet tall, and still wonder how I would get into a lifted Hummer, and how easy it would be to accomplish mundane tasks, such as getting groceries.

I think whatever lift kit you decide on would look great. I think that I would lean towards the 4", for the same concerns you have. I think the tire size would always bother me, since I would always picture what the bigger rubber would look like. I know other members said it looks fine, but I would imagine it looks better with the bigger rubber.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your ride. I love to see other cool woman, with cool taste.

Let me know what it is like to do normal activities with a giant Hummer. Until I get mine, I will live vicariously through you...
Old 08-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Attached Images

Old 08-09-2005, 02:11 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

I find that a little running start, LEAP! and then grabbing the top handle (that's why it's there) helps.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorton:
it will look like ****. maybe you can enter it in the monster truck showdown. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably the one & only time I'll agree with you.

Christa, don't lift it. You'll NEVER fit in any of the parking garages when you go shopping.

Finally, you'd have to get a running start to leap onto a skateboard.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:24 PM

Snake II is off the scale

How about this lift kit and tire combo.

http://www.fly-n-hi.com/FST/h2_sas
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Hummer Messiah

40's won't fit with a 6" lift.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Washing that would suck the phat one!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Christa - I'm with Diane here! Let me know how the lift works practicality-wise. I'm dying to get a 6" lift also, but hubby thinks it'll be too much of a PITA to lift the carseat up into the truck (who cares, not his truck!).

Stacy
Old 08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
40's won't fit with a 6" lift. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a guy that has posted here that had a 6" lift with 40's. I think he originally had 37's and then put 40's on and they fit.

You'd think if 37's fit stock that 40's would fit with a 6" lift.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2_SUT_SC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
40's won't fit with a 6" lift. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a guy that has posted here that had a 6" lift with 40's. I think he originally had 37's and then put 40's on and they fit.

You'd think if 37's fit stock that 40's would fit with a 6" lift. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You may be right. I based my post on prior comments from Phil that they'd rub. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by PhilD:
As HGW says you can fit 40's under a 6" lift, but they wwill rub, especially if you go off-road. I have 38's and a Fabtech 6" lift and they rub when wheelin', in fact yesterdat they ending up bending some of the wheel well trim and I had to cut it off. 40's will definitely rub hard when off-road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...9721091921/p/1
Old 08-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diana:
... I am six feet tall, and ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 08-09-2005, 03:51 PM

Diana is off the scale

Does this mean you like the tall leggy woman?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diana:
... I am six feet tall, and ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

OK, Here are some pics of my truck and my H2. You boys will see that I don't need a ladder. I'm used to driving the red Ford which is on 38's with a 9" lift. It does take a bit of a hop to get in, but it wasn't that bad. Diana, we have two Rottys too (love them!). we've used ramps to get them in and also just backed up to the entry, which is raised, lowered the tailgate and they hop right in. Getting them in and out when you're somewhere else is a different story. I'm only 5"7 and I didn't have problems getting things in and out and the kids are like monkeys so no problems there. The thing I didn't like with the Ford is that it is so long, and the turning radius so bad, that it was a PITA to get around in small areas. Especially if I had the horse trailer behind it! I think a 6" lift on the H2 would still be easy to do things in. Stacy, I don't think getting the baby's car seat in and out would be a problem for you. I did it in the Ford , not a problem! So go for it!
I think I could get 40's under it, but I just don't want to. It's so easy to get around in now and I think it still will be with a 6" lift. Anything beyond that I just don't want to deal with.
And DRTY, are you accusing me of being short, little man?

Here they are...
Attached Images

69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Another
Attached Images

69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale