H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default RAP circuit for non-sunroof

If you want to add "stuff" to, at least an '03, H2 and have in on the RAP circuit, don't have a sunroof and are not fond of splice into the radio harness itself.... I found a good circuit to use.

The sunroof ciruit is supplied to just inside the firewall on all H2s. The headliner harness is different for ones w/o sunroofs than for ones with the sunroof.

So, up to the right of the boot where the main harness comes through the firewall there is a connector. It'll have, among others, an orange, dark blue, black and a bare wire going into one side. If you don't have the sunroof, the orange, dark blue and black do not come out the other side of the connector, which goes on to the headliner harness.

The orange wire is wired to the sunroof fuse in the fusebox under the hood and is a 25amp circuit. The Dark Blue wire is a 12V RAP feed wire that you can use to trigger a relay. The black wire is a nice solid ground.

I simply snipped all three wires and spliced them onto a relay connector and wired them to a relay. So I now have a 25amp circuit under the dash, separate from everything else that is on the RAP circuit.

I did this because I wanted my cell phone hands free, MP3 player, Sirius Tuner, video camera, etc. all to be on a RAP circuit like the radio without splicing into the radio harness.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RAP circuit for non-sunroof

Good job!

As many times as you've had your dash apart I'm surprised there are any threads left on the screws!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:15 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: RAP circuit for non-sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus
Good job!

As many times as you've had your dash apart I'm surprised there are any threads left on the screws!
bad thing is, is that I keep losing a screw here and there. Luckily I have "store" of scews in the shop. It ain't pretty and it pisses you off like you wouldn't believe when you come back and have to have 4 different sockets to take off one dash panel, but I get the panel back on because I'll just use a philips or a torx then a 5/16 then 1/4 then I'll luck up and find one of the 7mm I lost......