H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-02-2003, 09:29 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Has anybody done a self install of either a Gobi stealth rack or the Warn XD9000i? I was thinking about ordering them from Hummer solutions as they have the best prices, but I am not that competent at car stuff so Iwas wondering if I would be able to install them myself or not.

Also, if any of you have as much free time as me (a crap load) In the next couple of weeks here I am trying to get a group together to tackle the back country discovery route. If you haven't heard of it, it is a trail that is supposed to stretch from canada to Mexico through Washington, Oregon, and Cali. Only the Oregon leg is complete, and I am trying to get some folks together to run it, and of course all of you guys are invited. It is an easy trail, but has awesome scenery. If anybody is interested, email me at Argonaut3@comcast.net

here are a couple of links to some sites about the route: http://www.archcape.com/auto/obcdr/obcdr.htm

http://www.oohva.org/

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 09-02-2003, 09:29 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Has anybody done a self install of either a Gobi stealth rack or the Warn XD9000i? I was thinking about ordering them from Hummer solutions as they have the best prices, but I am not that competent at car stuff so Iwas wondering if I would be able to install them myself or not.

Also, if any of you have as much free time as me (a crap load) In the next couple of weeks here I am trying to get a group together to tackle the back country discovery route. If you haven't heard of it, it is a trail that is supposed to stretch from canada to Mexico through Washington, Oregon, and Cali. Only the Oregon leg is complete, and I am trying to get some folks together to run it, and of course all of you guys are invited. It is an easy trail, but has awesome scenery. If anybody is interested, email me at Argonaut3@comcast.net

here are a couple of links to some sites about the route: http://www.archcape.com/auto/obcdr/obcdr.htm

http://www.oohva.org/

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 09-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I installed both myself. The Gobi rack was easy my brother-in-law and I lifted it up top. I would have a couple extra people as it is carried over your head. The wiring just took time but it was rather easy. I have the regular Gobi Rack with the stealth 2" brackets. Tires are now different they are the 37 MT/R

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Attached Images

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:07 AM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Todd, you are my hero....HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 09-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Argo,
The winch and rack are easy to install. If you need help give me a yell.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Stealth Rack is easy except for wiring the lights in.
The rack itself is at most a two hour job for two guys.

It is nice to have 4 people when you go to set it on the roof.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Hey Bad, I know that's why you went with the black one. Hurry Up window decals are not modifications or upgrades.....

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:17 AM

SRFCASTR is off the scale

TBarrow

This Gobi Config. is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Max rack with min height!

Can you confirm the height of your vehicle?
High Point without tire-in?
High Point Tire-IN?

Do the 37 MT/Rs add height?
Have added lifts?

Thanks

SRFCASTR
Old 09-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

The height at the spare on level ground with 45 psi in the tires measures 7' 9" at the top of the tire. The next lowest point is the bar above the front lights and it appears to be 7' 3" +/- 1/2". the truck is the factory height with 37" MT/R's added last week. I will post some pics when clean later this week. if you need pics of the rack up close just email me direct. I really like the 2" brackets without the cross bars.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Got both!

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2003, 11:10 AM

SRFCASTR is off the scale

TBarrow

Thanks for the hgt. info. I placed my order for a 2004 yesterday. This info. is very helpful. Looking forward to add. pictures.

SRFCASTR