H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-10-2003, 03:00 PM

czar is off the scale

Hey everyone, I was looking into goin wheelin this weekend. I called Spring Creek and they told me they keep it to 4-wheelers and dirtbikes unless a 4x4 group rents the entire facility for the day. Bummer. Sooo I'm trying to find somewhere relatively close that I can go wheelin in or around Houston. Does anyone know of such a place?
Old 12-10-2003, 03:00 PM

czar is off the scale

Hey everyone, I was looking into goin wheelin this weekend. I called Spring Creek and they told me they keep it to 4-wheelers and dirtbikes unless a 4x4 group rents the entire facility for the day. Bummer. Sooo I'm trying to find somewhere relatively close that I can go wheelin in or around Houston. Does anyone know of such a place?
Old 12-10-2003, 03:29 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

That is odd, I was out there two weeks ago in my H2 and we were the only truck out.

My job: http://www.HardOCP.com
Old 12-10-2003, 03:42 PM

czar is off the scale

hmmm maybe I shoulda told him I have a hummer

I'll probably just drive up and try anyway, if they don't let me in maybe I'll go to Crosby
Old 12-10-2003, 08:17 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by czar:
hmmm maybe I shoulda told him I have a hummer

I'll probably just drive up and try anyway, if they don't let me in maybe I'll go to Crosby<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where abouts in Crosby do you go? I used to wheel on a lot of the power line and pipeline runs in the early and mid-eighties out there when I was in highschool. Those were the days when having 33s on your truck was "big". I talked to a guy about wheeling out there a couple of weeks ago, but he said it was all but gone. Can you give me some specifics? I would love to visit my old stompin' grounds again.

As for SpringCreek ATV, I talked to the owner at length (the road it is on is named after his dad "Riley") and he seemed to be willing to let anyone in that had cash. He was also talking about building an icehouse out there!!!

Oh yeah, big outdoor Super Bowl party to be announced as well. We were thinking of coming down for that.

My job: http://www.HardOCP.com
Old 12-10-2003, 09:09 PM

alexWS6 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
If want a drive to San Antonio, a bunch of us will be wheeling at Devil's Den on Friday and a few will be there Saturday too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, where is this Devils Den place I keep hearing about???? I have a group of friends that have been looking for a place to go 'wheelin. We are in the UTSA area- let me know thanks!!
Old 12-11-2003, 12:15 PM

czar is off the scale

FrgMstr, maybe the Spring Creek guy and myself misunderstood one another. We're planning on going there first, if we have any problems we'll just go to the 242 area.
The only specifics on Crosby that I have are from what I was given by someone at work. I haven't been personaly yet. Here's what he gave me:
Crosby Info: (Severe mud): Take I-10East to Sam Houston Tollway North freeway will end... get in right hand lane and take the road that veers to the right to enter North US 90. Exit County Road off of 90 stop on the exit ramp. Drive down the embankment and you are in... on your right side you will see everything. Cost is about $5, private property.