View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Bumpers faded...Here is your answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazador
The line-x looks effin amazing! Nice!

How was the fit when you re-attached the bits n pieces? Did having them coated effect the way they lined up with anything?

I may have to drop by the line-x dealer and have a talk about this.

The fit was tight on some parts...especially on the sections where the fender flares overlap, or tuck under, the bit below the door (running board?). When I took it to the Line-X shop they asked me to lay the pieces out so they could see how they went together and where they overlapped so they knew what to coat and what not to coat.

On some of the pieces that attach with the push-in clips/buttons I had to open the whole back up a little with a large drill bit...but all in all it snapped back together very nicely.

Beauty of the whole thing is that everything matches...I got the whole idea when I bought the sides steps. They came with the replacement 'running boards' that have the notches cut out for your foot...but the running boards were not textured like the stock pieces; the new ones were actually meant to be painted to match the body color...so I thought 'what would make them all match AND be rugged as hell?' -- Line-X!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
Man that line-x looks great. I did not realize it would stick to plastic! But $600 is a lot more than a $12 bottle. lol.

I use the bedliner in a can on my bumpers all the time. lol.

The tech at the Line-X store said the same thing about plastic, but the owner of the shop showed me samples of other things he'd sprayed. Trust me, it sticks to plastic. This guy had test coated it on everything...glass, plastic, metal, wood...Line-X is awesome.

Funny you mention the bedliner in a can...my nephew has a Jeep Laredo and wanted to do his truck just like mine (until his found out how much it would cost...he's only 16 and $600 is fortune to him) so we ended up doing his with the canned bedliner. We put on about 4 coats and it turned out pretty good but I worry about how this will hold up over time and after a high-pressure car wash.