H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Diagram 2
Old 04-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Thanks for the post - I will print and make all of our Tech's aware of the possabilities!
Old 04-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Tucson Beast

Hi Klaus

Thanks - I will share your diagrams with the installers on my Nav System - I wanted to restate the problewm I have briefly:

When my Nav System Setting for "Night-time" mode is on, the display should toggel between gray for daytime and black for nighttime. When this setting is set to "off" the display is always gray.

My DRL are on during day - so when the mode setting is "on" my display is black (during day - it should be gray). At night my headlights are on along with my DRL (I have used the jump to keep them on) so the display is black. If I turn off the mode the display is gray at night (to bright).

So my lights work proper (including the DRL that I jumped) - it seems to me (based on your information) that the power source can be changed in order to make this mode work properly.

Any additional comments?

Again thanks for your expert insight
Old 04-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Tucson,

Like I said, I don't have access to the installation instructions for your stereo, but the aftermarket stereos I have installed usually have a wire that should be connected to the dash illumination circuit. Therefore, when the radio senses voltage on the illumination circuit, it assumes that it needs to change from day to night mode. When you are switching your radio to "night-time mode", you are telling your radio to dim when it senses voltage on the illumination circuit. When you turn the mode off, you are telling your radio to ignore the illumination circuit, and your radio will not "dim" to black.

If your dash lights are always on, day or night, then that problem will need to be fixed. Otherwise, the radio will always think it is night time, because the illumination circuit is always energized. Again, IF your dash lights are always on, day or night, you have some other problem (could be the DRL mod - remove the jumper and check to see if the lights are working correctly).

If your dash lights are working normally (off in daylight, on at night) then the wiring on the radio itself needs to be connected properly.

The more I think about it, the more I think your DRL mod is causing the problem.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't even apply to me but I'm compelled to read EVERY single one of Klaus' posts.

The man is gold I tells ya!

My Video Collectionez

Old 04-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummer Man:
Thanks for the post - I will print and make all of our Tech's aware of the possabilities! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you think your tech are going to do with those "possabilities"? Moron monkey-spanker.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:20 AM
Tucson Beast

Hi Klaus

Thanks - your words offer much logic to my situation - I will remove the DRL jump to test - if not I think we can have the technician wire to another "sensing source" that is not associted with Lights/DRL. My dash light work like expected so there is not problem there. Some where I owe you a beer

Thanks
Old 04-28-2004, 07:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

DRTY,
He may need to rewire the shop floor polisher
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Thanks Again!
Old 04-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

I just ordered the AVIC-NI myself. Mostly because of the additional vehicle monitoring and the fact that my installer said he would be able to integrate On Star, steering wheel controls and my exsisting amp. I hope he's right? He also recommended installing a seperate DVD player so you don't have to keep on downloading maps which I did. My only complaint is I don't like the way the screen covers part of the vents, but I will have to live with that.
I had an Audiovox Nav system in my first H2 that had a seperate screen and DVD drive, It worked great but went off when I traded up for a new H2.