H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 04-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Hummer Professional

2-H2's has a little shameless behaviour in the past

doc...i'm also waiting for this info...maybe we could get a two-fer???

LC

Old 04-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Screeper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by 2-H2's:

LC

The gears are Richmond/Motiv. I got the fronts from Phil and the rear from anouther supplier. In hindsight I would have bought both from Phil but he only had the fronts when I ordered. As far as performance I am very pleased. The truck cruises at 80 with no problems(2400 rpm at 70mph). The torque feels the same or better as stock even though I am running 38's. I took the truck down to the Keys for a 200+ mile round trip with a mix of highway and two lane roads. Before the lift and gears I was getting about 11.7. After the trip I was at 11.0. I corrected the speed using a Hypertech although I found out that the unit only goes up to 4:56 so I had to play with the tire size to get it dead on. Thankfully the local police department left one of those radar carts down my street which was great for speedo correction. Any other info I can give just ask. Gears/bearing kits/labor ran me about 1000.00 install of lift was 650.00.

Al
2004 Lux with 6 inch Fabtech with tie rods, 38 inch MT's, 4:88 gears, and some minor engine tweaks.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Truck looks sweet!

What wheels are those?

Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Sewie:
Truck looks sweet!

What wheels are those?

DK wheels Model DK-5

I am happy with mine but as I said before it was alot of work to get them to work with the 38X15.5 inch tires. When they were on my 35" toyos I had no issues at all.
2004 Lux with 6 inch Fabtech with tie rods, 38 inch MT's, 4:88 gears, and some minor engine tweaks.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

How do you like the Mickey Thompson MTZ's? How is the ride quality and noise from the tires. My MTR's are getting worn and was thinking of replacing them with the Mickey Thompson's
Old 04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by kdio:
How do you like the Mickey Thompson MTZ's? How is the ride quality and noise from the tires. My MTR's are getting worn and was thinking of replacing them with the Mickey Thompson's

I like them alot. They are quiet on the highway. A little rumble from the sidebiters when loaded up in a hard turn. I would consider them very similiar to BFG MT's I have had in the past.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Damn gear shop here wanted 2500 for front and rear with front locker.

Quote:
Originally posted by Screeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2-H2's:

LC

The gears are Richmond/Motiv. I got the fronts from Phil and the rear from anouther supplier. In hindsight I would have bought both from Phil but he only had the fronts when I ordered. As far as performance I am very pleased. The truck cruises at 80 with no problems(2400 rpm at 70mph). The torque feels the same or better as stock even though I am running 38's. I took the truck down to the Keys for a 200+ mile round trip with a mix of highway and two lane roads. Before the lift and gears I was getting about 11.7. After the trip I was at 11.0. I corrected the speed using a Hypertech although I found out that the unit only goes up to 4:56 so I had to play with the tire size to get it dead on. Thankfully the local police department left one of those radar carts down my street which was great for speedo correction. Any other info I can give just ask. Gears/bearing kits/labor ran me about 1000.00 install of lift was 650.00.

Al </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drmiles:
Damn gear shop here wanted 2500 for front and rear with front locker.
That's actually not too bad.

This is what I'd expect to pay;

eLocker $700
Locker install $500
Front R&P and bearing kit $400
Rear R&P and bearing kit $350
Rear install $300
Front install $300

$2550

You can most probably save some money by shopping around for the apsrt online and getting them to do the install, but I wouldn't expect to get the labor for all three items much below $1000, although they will already be pulling the front diff for the R&P, so the locker install should be a little less than usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My numbers are off by one thing that I forgot which were the front R&P that Phil sold me. I needed the gears only and I want to say it was around three hundred. I also saved on labor by doing the lift at the same time as the front R&P as I think alot of the gear change labor is the fact they have to breakdown the front of the truck to get to the diff. I think you should be able to get it done without the lift for under 2000 dollars. Some see Hummer and add the surcharge. Try calling and say you need the gears changed on a 2500 series Chevy and go from there. Good luck!