H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-05-2005, 09:03 PM

MONDO is off the scale

We took in our H2 for an oil change and checkup, well the agency lent us a 2005 Escalade and the ride was smooth. My wife fell in love with the Escalade, and I kind of liked the "riding on a cloud" feel. But when I looked at the Escalade and then back at the H2, i couldnt do it. For some reason the H2 continues to take my breath away and while the Escalade is pure class, I couldnt part with my beauty.

"Back to your regulary scheduled programming"
Old 02-05-2005, 09:03 PM

MONDO is off the scale

We took in our H2 for an oil change and checkup, well the agency lent us a 2005 Escalade and the ride was smooth. My wife fell in love with the Escalade, and I kind of liked the "riding on a cloud" feel. But when I looked at the Escalade and then back at the H2, i couldnt do it. For some reason the H2 continues to take my breath away and while the Escalade is pure class, I couldnt part with my beauty.

"Back to your regulary scheduled programming"
Old 02-05-2005, 11:49 PM

NuckinFuts is off the scale

You would be sorry going to the Escalade. I just passed mine down to my mother and now it reminds me of an "old" person's car. Just doesn't have any excitement like the H2.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Trade your wife in. Seriously.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:08 AM

MP5A3 is off the scale

The owners of the company have two escalades the sut version they are very nice but not a H2 they take a huge pounding on trade in due to rebates and such. don't do it you would be sorry. just keep your H2 and buy her something else like a Kia

Brian
Old 02-06-2005, 02:20 PM
HummMe

Why the hell would you want an Escalade? They are just glorified Tahoes
Old 02-06-2005, 07:43 PM

CHarris is off the scale

I drove both before buying. The Escalade made me feel dirty... Seriously, the EXT was too much like a car for my taste. I wanted a really nice 4 door truck and since the Denali didn't offer a 4 door at that time the H2 was the clear choice.

I've never regretted it and like the truck a lot more since I installed the Magnacharger Radix. Now this thing moves!
2002 Firehawk #966 (Traded in)
Old 02-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

We have both. They are apples and oranges.

The H2 is like nothing else. The way you feel driving it cannot be compared. You tend to put up with a lot more in the H2 because of it's uniqueness....it's not smooth, not easy to maneuver in the city, and has a rough interior compared to other SUVs in it's price range. It's one heck of a truck, but it's not a luxury SUV, despite what the price says.

The Escalade is the ultimate luxury SUV. You sink into it and a 10 hour road trip feels like nothing. It feels solid and smooth, and ANY creak or rattle feels out of place. But you don't get that sense of butterflies when you walk out to it in the parking lot.

If you want to be pampered, go with the Escalade. If you get panic attacks and shortness of breath when you even think about trading in the H2, then keep the H2 - it's meant to be.

Stacy
Old 02-07-2005, 07:35 PM

KIDZBOX is off the scale

I agree with Stacy. We have both (H2 & EXT) and they are totally different vehicles with different uses. Although the interiors are similar (after all they are both upgraded Tahoes ) the ride differences are night and day. We use the EXT for the long trips where no trailering or off roading or snow is involved. We use the H2 when we go to Pismo or Tahoe or just want to run over small vehicles.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

PhillyPhreak is off the scale

Devil....I'm surprised at what you said about the interior of the H2....I have sat in both and prefer the interior of the 05 Lux better than the Escalade. I was thinking of going with the Escalade but they are changing the body style next year. Plus I just like the looks of a blacked out H2.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:50 AM

4churchill is off the scale

"...I put Lamorghini doors on the Escalade..."

enough said

in plam springs a majority of 'scladesd are driven by 50+ year old people, but atleast they put 20's on them

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhillyPhreak:
Devil....I'm surprised at what you said about the interior of the H2....I have sat in both and prefer the interior of the 05 Lux better than the Escalade. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they've refined the H2 since my '03, but my interior is ROUGH. You can see carpet seams near the center console, the edges of the console near the carpet are rough and un-sanded, my dash rattles if the wind is right, and the entire assembly underneath my pedals and inside my glovebox is rusted. I'm not complaining about any of this - it adds to the character of the truck. But you don't see that kind of stuff on an Escalade. The inside of the truck is beautifully finished, no gaps or rattles.

I happen to feel more comfortable in my H2 due to the height and I feel more in control (more like a driver than a passenger), but I still think the Escalade interior beats the H2 hands-down. And most of it is attention to detail on GM's part.

Stacy
Old 02-08-2005, 10:39 PM
HummMe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by devilsfan:

my dash rattles if the wind is right <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That isnt your dash rattlin, its the plastic cowl rubbing against the windshield. Had it to the dealer 4 times and they couldnt find the problem. While washing my truck last week the brush hit the cowl just the right way to reproduce the noise. Now that I have figured out the problem I need to figure a cure for it.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Reposted by 4churchill:
"...I put Lamorghini doors on the Escalade..."
enough said <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, I was thinking of putting those on my truck. AND I get it dirty...sometimes... (Of course The Wife squashed that one...
My dirty truck:
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Hummer Authority

I actually saw a white H2 sitting at a custom shop on San Pedro here in town the other day - totally blinged out with Lamborghini doors. It scared me initially, but then I thought, hey, wouldn't that be great on slopes or in parking lots with tight spaces??? Very practical, even if you look stupid.

Stacy
Old 02-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I have both also. My Wife got the Escalade when the new style just came out. At the time, they were THE SUV to have. Now it just looks like a family truckster. The H2 is still cool after three years. The Escalade is a nicer car to drive around here because it has so much more power. It gets 13.5 mpg around town and about 17 on a trip. So far it has been a good car. 32000 miles and no squeeks or rattles.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Once you go H2 you don't go back!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't matter how much more expensive or luxurious any other vehicle is. When I drive my Mercedes, even though it's twice the price of my H2, It still feels like I've downgraded. That's how addictive H2 ownership is and I don't see the feeling change in the near future.

My Video Collectionez

Old 02-10-2005, 04:02 AM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

i got both the EXT and the H2 and i will admit i love them both.. but they are both completely different i slammed my ext on 24's and its like a sports truck.. and my h2.. well its my beast. stick with the h2 in the long run.. BUT that EXT bed is dammm nice and ask Adam... you can fit 4 35in tires + in there.. its a damn nice truck..

LONG LIVE THE H2..... it will forever be my baby over the EXT
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 02-10-2005, 04:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

When driving the minivan I feel like a pussy.

Then I get home and the wife slaps me...

Oh sorry, I have to wash her van now...