H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Hummer fit and finish. Try to explain the H1 body
Old 02-02-2006, 05:12 PM

DCCP is off the scale

got the same problem as well don't know how it happened but this should be a recall.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

FishnMan is off the scale

Wow...I really opened up a can of worms (so to speak). Didin't think this was such a widespread problem! I'm actually kind of amazed that I have 2 pages (and growing) of responses without posting pics of half nekkid women or insulting anyone. Anyway, hope everyone gets this problem solved in a timely manner.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:16 PM

hdfatboy is off the scale

Hey Fisherman

My H3 is currently at the dealers. Both of my roof rails are defective. One is warp and the other does not meet the front windshieds post 3/8'' to short. There is also a flaw in the paint that the dealer offered to repaint the complete right side of my truck I said noway. Also there is a sterring column switch that began creaking. They have order new rails and the replacements were defective now there are taking them from a truck they have in stock. The H3 logo on rear door chrome is peeling off. They gave me rental pickup to use for the last 9 days.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:46 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

hdfatboy

where is the column switch?

I have the creaking also.

where exactly is it? what switch is it?

Will tightening it stop the creaking?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

for those with cracked roof rails, let the dealer know, get your name on a list, and when GM issues the fix, you should be notified by the dealer. They are working on the problem, and will get a fix. Primarily it will require new rails.

The problem has been expedited for customer satisfaction.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:34 AM

Edspad is off the scale

Im waiting for the new parts too come in as well, Im not too big of a rush because im sure that means ive got to pull off my rack and demo out my wires

Old 02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't here from dealer about rail comming in yet.They ordered it last oil change about 4-6 weeks ago.Hopefully its in by next oil change about 4 to 6 weeks away.
Below is pic of crack on passanger side.
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:18 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

I have a later built (newer H3) I do not have the problem..I wonder if is related to colder climates. If the rails are under stress from the mounting then the temp dips into the teens and below I wonder if it cracks then.

If I do not have the problem then have they fixed the situation with the newer H3's?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

FJD is an unknown quantity at this point

**** me, I got it too !!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Webb70:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BABHUMV:
Mine is at the dealer today and that is one of the things I pointed out to them. There is a gap and the piece is cracked underneath. They said warranty. Better be!

I am getting the DVD headrests and marker lights installed. Dealer screwed schedule up so I won't get it back for a three days . Gave me a Caddy to drive, so not too upset. Just not my Hummer though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much for the DVD headrests installed if you don't mind me asking? I would like to get a set. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OTD was $607.00 $499. plus tax on $1499. I bought my H3 11/18, so there was a valid rebate available and the dealer honored it. They are cool and worth it.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Be cautious if ever removing the rail caps, they break easily, especially if it is cold out.
This happened to mine (pass. side) luckily it was covered by warranty but, the dealer had to order the entire pass. side rail system, which I thought was a joke! And when I took it in to have it replaced, I expected to have them pop on the new rail cap, Instead they had to replace the entire pass. side rail system. Why does everything have to be handeled the hard way! Other than that, nothing but pos. A+ remarks for my H3 and the dealer!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:38 AM

hdfatboy is off the scale

No adjusting the switch, the dealer replaced with a new one. When I applied an upward pressure on the steering wheel the creaking went away. It part of the tilt assembly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UNOMYFLO:
hdfatboy

where is the column switch?

I have the creaking also.

where exactly is it? what switch is it?

Will tightening it stop the creaking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Hummer Novice

BforBRAD is off the scale

I have the crack also(about an 1 1/2")but just on the drivers side.Has anyone else had water on the door sill(small amount)because of the crack? I'll have the dealer check it when I bring it in for my first service.