H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me start by saying that I drive fast. Normally I would go from stand still to speed limit quickly, and perhaps hover about 5 miles above at the most, when in the city. BUT I do not drive dangerously. I do not do sudden breaks.. I have blind spot mirrors (both sides) and use them in addition to turning my head.. I even installed a 3-second-on-blink-auto-off turn signals because it's a pet peeve of mine when drivers change lanes without signaling.

Today it was 98&#176, my windows down, sunroof open, and I was chillin ..

Suddenly a guy in an old beat-up pos pick-up pulled up fast on my right (slower lane), and yelled something.

I slowed down and asked him "scuse me?" and he yelled "slow the fu(k down *******!!". I immediately thought I must have inadvertantly cut him off, and ask "sorry, did I cut you??" He continued yelling and cursing, so I repeated my question -- to which he replied, "I didn't say that, did I?"

I mean he was livid. Curse after curse was spewing out of his mouth. He was so enraged, he took out his cell phone, yelling "that's it, you piece of sh1t, I'm taking a picture with my cell phone camera, and I'm calling 911..!! blah blah blah!!!"

Now, I am really confused. He sped up to catch up with me on the SLOW lane -- to yell and curse and snap pictures and make a call to the police -- all the while driving at 45mph (speed limit) -- to tell me to "slow down"???????

Remember, I did NOT cut him off...!

So in the end, all I can do was to simply shake my head as I saw the hole in traffic -- changed lane, sped up, changed lane again, sped up some more*, and crossed the traffic light just as it turned amber (NOT cutting off anyone! ) -- leaving him caught at the red light waaayyyyy behind....

I hope he didn't have a heart attack from his enragement.. RAAARRRR11!

* Don't y'all just LOVE our 315HP H2!!!?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Let me start by saying that I drive fast. Normally I would go from stand still to speed limit quickly, and perhaps hover about 5 miles above at the most, when in the city. BUT I do not drive dangerously. I do not do sudden breaks.. I have blind spot mirrors (both sides) and use them in addition to turning my head.. I even installed a 3-second-on-blink-auto-off turn signals because it's a pet peeve of mine when drivers change lanes without signaling.

Today it was 98&#176, my windows down, sunroof open, and I was chillin ..

Suddenly a guy in an old beat-up pos pick-up pulled up fast on my right (slower lane), and yelled something.

I slowed down and asked him "scuse me?" and he yelled "slow the fu(k down *******!!". I immediately thought I must have inadvertantly cut him off, and ask "sorry, did I cut you??" He continued yelling and cursing, so I repeated my question -- to which he replied, "I didn't say that, did I?"

I mean he was livid. Curse after curse was spewing out of his mouth. He was so enraged, he took out his cell phone, yelling "that's it, you piece of sh1t, I'm taking a picture with my cell phone camera, and I'm calling 911..!! blah blah blah!!!"

Now, I am really confused. He sped up to catch up with me on the SLOW lane -- to yell and curse and snap pictures and make a call to the police -- all the while driving at 45mph (speed limit) -- to tell me to "slow down"???????

Remember, I did NOT cut him off...!

So in the end, all I can do was to simply shake my head as I saw the hole in traffic -- changed lane, sped up, changed lane again, sped up some more*, and crossed the traffic light just as it turned amber (NOT cutting off anyone! ) -- leaving him caught at the red light waaayyyyy behind....

I hope he didn't have a heart attack from his enragement.. RAAARRRR11!

* Don't y'all just LOVE our 315HP H2!!!?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

People are idiots.

That is all.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

I've pretty much trained myself that as soon as someone even opens there trap to bitch at me, I tell them to "go f+ck yourself assh+le!"

Amazingly , nobody has jumped out and kicked my ass yet.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

redbulljunkie67 is off the scale

Ahh... Texas where its okay to tote the hand gun.. People around here don't do that often because it turns out to be a who has the bigger weapon :|
Old 09-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

For the most part I just stare at people that are like that.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I typically smile and give the hand signal
Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Obviously this will sound contrary to what your emotions feel at the time but.... A good option is to try to stop and pull over as soon as you can, making sure you are doing it fast and keeping the other person in traffic and in front of you. This way he will have to make an aggressive move and you will be more aware of what his intentions are AND be able to easily view this through your window.

Worst case scenario here is that he will pull over up in front you and reverse back to you, but even then you are then put back in to the same scenario you just attempted to escape from and can get back into traffic and attempt it again.

Continuing travelling down the road with someone like this, more especially enraging them further this day and age, can lead to an accident or their doing something stupid. You then could be caught in a he said/she said deal or worse, you or yours hurt. By pulling over and making them take a more aggressive stance you have then somewhat relieved yourself of your liability in the eyes of the law by attempting to avoid the situation. In many situations such as this, your culpability is leveled against you for not doing something to keep the situation from escalating and by putting the other person in the obvious aggressor situation you should be held in a better light should something happen.

A scenario could be that he stops in front of you, gets out and approaches your car with something in his hand. He has already shown his tendancy to be the aggressor and should you not be able to merge back into traffic without endangering an innocent driver..... well.....

This is just one of a few possible things one could do.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Hummer Authority

Para, he was at my side the whole time.

My H2 is bigger and faster -- there is no way I would allow him to get in front of me, much less stop & allow him to pullover and do gawd-knows-what.

When he was reaching for his cellphone, I was concerned about what he was going to pull out, and flashes of that H1 guy that leveled his robbers did cross my mind.

I was never angry, more genuinely confused that he was so enraged? That's why I thought that he must just be another Hummer hater, and that I should pull away from the mad man.

Very pleased that my H2 is as responsive as I want it to be...
Old 09-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

xonxoff is off the scale

Road rage is what Onstar is for. All you have to do is get the police to follow you and witness the ******* in action and they take care of the rest. I had a case where I had a truck full of Boy Scouts, towing a trailer and an event like this happened. The situation was taken care of very quickly.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I just squint and jabber,

"Wah? Wah? Me no speaky engrish ! Me no speaky engrish!"

Watch his head explode.

I`ll show you how it`s done in Moab.

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

Watch his head explode.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think that will work for me?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

Watch his head explode.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think that will work for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you`re blond. Just take the vibrator out of your purse and pretend you`re talkin on the phone.

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 09-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Dennis keep your trap shut, she thinks that is a cell phone </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Better than thinking a cell phone is a vibrator...
Old 09-30-2005, 12:52 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Para, he was at my side the whole time.

My H2 is bigger and faster -- there is no way I would allow him to get in front of me, much less stop & allow him to pullover and do gawd-knows-what.

When he was reaching for his cellphone, I was concerned about what he was going to pull out, and flashes of that H1 guy that leveled his robbers did cross my mind.

I was never angry, more genuinely confused that he was so enraged? That's why I thought that he must just be another Hummer hater, and that I should pull away from the mad man.

Very pleased that my H2 is as responsive as I want it to be... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No way was intending to suggest you should have done something different. Each situation one encounters has to be evaluated and you just hope you make the right decisions in case this one time it turns out the psycho bitch with the bullet-shooting vibrator goes after you because you have chrome flames on the side of your truck.

Seriously, it goes against your natural instinct but is a good option because you are controlling the situation. The faster you are moving, the more you are having to try to keep an eye on him and other obstacles, calling 911, the more distractions and the less control you have on the situation. Slowing things down and gaining an understanding of the other persons intent all the while keeping them in easy view is keeping it controlled to the extent you can. This will help to keep the incident between the two of you and not include innocents.

Avoiding the escalation is the key, doing so without continuing down the road is ideal. Keeping the other person at a disadvantage to you is a plus and covering your ass in case you have to act on their aggressiveness is a necessity.