Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > The Woodshed

Old 07-07-2003, 06:33 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale
Default THIS IS AN EXHAUST QUESTION ONLY..NOTHING BUT EXHAUST!!!

I am trying this again at a request from a few others and for myself, the other post turned into a disaster.....I counted 3 posts that came back about exhaust......

Ok, for all who have installed aftermarket exhaust...
What is the best exhaust for the H2, and your opinion on why you choose the system that you did. I am just looking for opinions, and as those may vary, I am not intending to start any arguments, I just want the facts.. Thanks.....

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter
H2 Club - Houston Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 07-07-2003, 06:33 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

I am trying this again at a request from a few others and for myself, the other post turned into a disaster.....I counted 3 posts that came back about exhaust......

Ok, for all who have installed aftermarket exhaust...
What is the best exhaust for the H2, and your opinion on why you choose the system that you did. I am just looking for opinions, and as those may vary, I am not intending to start any arguments, I just want the facts.. Thanks.....

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 07-07-2003, 07:58 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Yeah the last post did kinda drift from the topic a little didn't it? Anyways, I've got the JBA shorty headers and the Corsa Sport exhaust. The reason for me choosing the Corsa Sport was simply for the noise, I love loud things. The way I look at it, just about any exhaust will give you a very small performance/milage increase, so I just went with the loudest (on top of the fact that I have air suspension and the Corsa is one of I think 3 systems that will fit the H2 with the air suspension). When you start the truck up it growls a little bit, then idles down and sounds good at idle (it growls while idling, just quietly ). If you drive like a sane person and "economically" so to speak (you know what I mean, damnit!) it's definitly louder then stock, but still pretty low. But as soon as you hit it, or rev it up this thing SCREAMS! It's not all that loud inside (the truck is kinda built to be "sealed" and keep the noise out in a way) but outside it sounds like a Monster that just won't stop All my buddies love it, every single person I revved it up for (when I first had it installed before most people knew about it) had an incredible look of disbelief, and haven't had one person say they didn't like it.
If anyone is interested I can take a couple of videos and throw them on my computer if you'd like.

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Old 07-07-2003, 08:10 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

I would like to see your exhaust... Thanks

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 07-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

I can't resist:

I cut fins into an aluminum can and crammed it into my exhaust. This space age alloy has provided me 50hp, 7mpg and a sportier, raspy exhaust note. This technological marvel can be yours FREE today if you are ignorant enough to believe in its ability.

Seriously, The only units I've seen/heard upclose are the Borla and Xtremeflow. I vote for Borla although I bet Banks will eventually be top dog(this is the way I'm leaning).

The price on all these units still seems rather steep so I will likely be holding off for a while until the costs come down. Until then, I'm left only with my space age alloy matrix exhaust diffuser-charger.

I you mail me your H2, I can install this modification and send it back to you within 3 weeks.

Ok thats enough.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:13 PM

buddy is off the scale

BADRAP,

I agree with Grim, the Corsa exhaust sounds awesome. I installed the Indy version on a vette and loved it. Not for everyone though.

Check out the sounds

corsa sounds
Old 07-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Circuitguy

Bad,

Just go put a Flowmaster on it! Great results,great sound,great amount of money saved! I installed one on my H2 about a month ago and I love it. Give me a call so I can give you all the info on it. C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 07-07-2003, 11:50 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

That Corsa sounds page send goose bumps up my back!!!. I want one of those systems now. Does anyone know what the cost of them are? The only experience I have in aftermarket exhausts are with a 1990 300ZX that I installed a Borla stainless cat back system that still sounded great and looked brand new when the car was sold, after the system had been on for almost 12 years!
Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows, a/v on its way!
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 07-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

I have been in contact with Corsa and they are set to become a sponsor of this site. I have yet to hear or see their system in person, but from those who have - they were very impressed. If you can hold out a bit, I believe they will be part of this community and would not be surprised if special pricing is offered to forum members.

Keep checking back here ...

-Jason
Old 07-08-2003, 01:49 AM

blg615 is off the scale

grim , the corsa system sounds great on their website. especially the sport model. Did you have the dealer install yours or muffler shop? Also, are we sure the dealers won't give us a hard time with warranty issues?

Jason, the corsa system is licensed by Gm as an approved accessory. If we can purchase from a sponsor with special pricing, lets all line up!!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:19 AM

blg615 - I had my headers/exhaust thrown on by the dealer when they put my Gobi Rack on, they didn't say a single word about warrenty even though I have the Stage2B package on it. I'll be taking it to this local shop hopefully to have my cat's cut off.

Just to let you guys know, my exhaust does sound similar to the sounds on the site, but it's still quite different.

Jason - I can take videos like I said, is there maybe a possibility you could host them for the forum members to view? Let me know.

-Grim

Old 07-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

Grim,

I can certainly host the videos for you and us (the forum members), at least for a period of time.

Send it over to me - jrosoff@sprynet.com

- Jason
Old 07-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Couple of these should do the trick:

Kidding!!

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 11 months to go!
-------------------------------------------
Old 07-08-2003, 05:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Skulz is off the scale

Lynch Corsa $795 sport kit
ThePTKing SMA Performance Exhaust $699

They are the same thing and covered by GM warranty.

Waiting on Jason now!
Old 07-08-2003, 08:36 PM

Are you sure Skulz? I was almost positive the Borla/SMA were identical with the B&B almost identical to them....eh oh well.

-Grim

Old 07-08-2003, 09:13 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

Damn Dan that is the definition of BLING BLING!!
Old 07-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

The only thing I did not like about the Corsa is the fact that the exhaust tip extends out the back. I prefer the look of the stock tip and went with a Flowmaster muffler. The shop that install my supercharger thought I should have a new tailpipe made since the Flowmaster muffler has a larger outlet than the factory tailpipe.

03 H2 Sunset Orange Polished Magna Charger w headers & cold air intake, 37" MTRs w Weld Mountain Crushers, GPS Nav. & 2 rear LCD TVs w DVD, Extreme Tube steps
Old 07-09-2003, 01:07 AM

blg615 is off the scale

mr. badrap, go to grim reaper's(smoker) 04/24/03 post to see pictures of exhuast corsa exhaust tips. so cool!
Old 07-09-2003, 03:48 AM

whipplecharged is off the scale

I used the Xtremeflow on mine. It was a direct replacement. One of the main things about it is that you don't have to change the 3" mandrel tail pipe that comes from the factory, so your not paying for tail pipes or tips. It has a clean agressive sound thats not to loud. The muffler is stainless and was designed for the H2 and not a retro fit from a truck application.

Also it is not a staight threw design.

It made the additional power they said.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:06 PM

Kdio - If you didn't want the tips on the corsa system and just wanted it tucked up inside like the stock system, they have the "Offroad Sport Kit" and "Offroad Touring Kit", it's the exhaust systems basically without the tip so it stays up tucked away.

And I appologize for not getting that movie of my exhaust taken, I'll try to get it today or tomorrow (it's kinda crappy out today).

-Grim