H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

eyceburg11 is off the scale

What are the best settings to get the most HP out of the H2?
2004 Sl 500
2003 Hummer H2
2001 CLK 430
1998 Lorinser ML 320

Hummer Veteran

2004 Sl 500
2003 Hummer H2
2001 CLK 430
1998 Lorinser ML 320

Hummer Veteran

2004 Sl 500
2003 Hummer H2
2001 CLK 430
1998 Lorinser ML 320

Old 09-09-2004, 10:00 PM

Justin kyle is off the scale

I would love to know this also.We all know a super charger but is a programmer worth it?
Old 09-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I called Hypertech and they gave me this:
This is on an 03 H2.. not that it should matter.

93 octane
(make sure you use the hiigh octane with this setting or you get pinging inthe engine or just put the 87 octane setting and use that).

128 mph top end

6100 rpm rev limit

increase shift firmness

gear shifting
(1-2) raise it +3 mph
(2-3) raise it +4 mph
(3-4) raise it +5 mph
(make sure you don't use -3, -4, or -5.

HUGE DIFFERENCE. And even more fun to drive too.
PM me if you have any Q's.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

I have mine set to:

93 octane

128 top end

61000 rev limit

1-2: 3mph
2-3: 8mph
3-4: 10mph

How does that tranmission shifting sound to you guys? Should I adjust it to timgco's settings?
2004 Sl 500
2003 Hummer H2
2001 CLK 430
1998 Lorinser ML 320

Old 09-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eyceburg11:
I have mine set to:

93 octane

128 top end

61000 rev limit

How does that tranmission shifting sound to you guys? Should I adjust it to timgco's settings? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't change them on my account.
Those setting ar what Hypertech told me to set them at for the best results.
If you like how your truck shifts where you have them set, thatn I would leave them alone.
Or open your manual and call Hypertech and see if they give you the same shifting points.
I talked to one of their tech people.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:08 PM

dkshaver is off the scale

For my 2004 H2 Hummer I am using the following settings with impressive results:

87 octane

128 mph top end

6100 rpm rev limit

increase shift firmness

gear shifting
(1-2) raise it +3 mph
(2-3) raise it +5 mph
(3-4) raise it +7 mph
Old 06-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

dkshaver before I put supercharger on I had a proflash from Comp Cams. I took all torque management out just went max performance on everything. I ran it full high performance and ran 87 octane at 93 octane settings. Never pinged or knocked. There is a huge amount of safety factory built into these handhelds. I ran it with My boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, air/fuel ratio lights, and ran solid blue which is rich, rich, and rich. I installed supercharger with 3.2 pulley and did not install Hi flow pump and it ran solid blue at WOT still. Went to a 2.9 with 7.5 to 8 lbs. of boost and again solid blue with means rich. I have a 2.75 coming in a trade back in for My 2.9 with Allen Nelson performance and He figures it will still be rich. So I have also HP Tuning software coming to lean it out and turn factory controll of electric fans on.
I do not usually recommend something that I have not tried myself and again I want to stress this is My experience. I always say do not try it just because I did it. Make Your own choice but all I can do is pass on My experience.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-12-2005, 03:46 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eyceburg11:
I have mine set to:

93 octane

128 top end

61000 rev limit

How does that tranmission shifting sound to you guys? Should I adjust it to timgco's settings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>61,000 seems high. Even my M3 will only turn a little over 8,000...LOL
Old 06-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
dkshaver before I put supercharger on I had a proflash from Comp Cams. I took all torque management out just went max performance on everything. I ran it full high performance and ran 87 octane at 93 octane settings. Never pinged or knocked. There is a huge amount of safety factory built into these handhelds. I ran it with My boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, air/fuel ratio lights, and ran solid blue which is rich, rich, and rich. I installed supercharger with 3.2 pulley and did not install Hi flow pump and it ran solid blue at WOT still. Went to a 2.9 with 7.5 to 8 lbs. of boost and again solid blue with means rich. I have a 2.75 coming in a trade back in for My 2.9 with Allen Nelson performance and He figures it will still be rich. So I have also HP Tuning software coming to lean it out and turn factory controll of electric fans on.
I do not usually recommend something that I have not tried myself and again I want to stress this is My experience. I always say do not try it just because I did it. Make Your own choice but all I can do is pass on My experience.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hummm, I may have room to move on this. Talk soon Taz.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

I called hypertech and the tech told me to try these settings...

87 or 93 octane
6200 rev limiter
increase shift firmness
(1-2)+3
(2-3)+6
(3-4)+9

The 93 octane will give you the best HP gain.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2019 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 Sport Edition
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
Old 06-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Hummer Professional

Does anyone know if there is a website that has custom settings for the hypertech programmer?

I'm just playing around with mine right now to see what gives me the best results. Right now I have it set to what the tech told me on the phone. (91 octane)

2018 Polaris GEM e4
Old 08-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Elcova Rookie

PercyJ is off the scale

CBR_RAVEN,

Did you ever find that website witih the hypertech custom settings? If so, can you post it please?
Im playing around with settings in hopes to get better mileage. Its my everyday driver and I knew what to expect regarding gas consumption, but if i can save a buck.....
Old 08-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">93 octane
(make sure you use the hiigh octane with this setting or you get pinging inthe engine or just put the 87 octane setting and use that).

128 mph top end

6100 rpm rev limit

increase shift firmness

gear shifting
(1-2) raise it +3 mph
(2-3) raise it +4 mph
(3-4) raise it +5 mph
(make sure you don't use -3, -4, or -5. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim - What's the avg mpg with these settings?
Old 08-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CslRkH2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">93 octane

128 mph top end

6100 rpm rev limit

increase shift firmness

gear shifting
(1-2) raise it +3 mph
(2-3) raise it +4 mph
(3-4) raise it +5 mph
(make sure you don't use -3, -4, or -5. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim - What's the avg mpg with these settings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not sure hat the exact mpg is, but I do know there is a big difference in the way it shifts. I don't look at the mpg anymore. I just fill it up when it's close to empty. IT really depends on if 'm going up to Breck. or driving in town. It's not much of a difference to buy a power programmer for better mpg, but is for the shifting.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PercyJ:
CBR_RAVEN,

Did you ever find that website witih the hypertech custom settings? If so, can you post it please?
Im playing around with settings in hopes to get better mileage. Its my everyday driver and I knew what to expect regarding gas consumption, but if i can save a buck..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No, I didn't find anything that has custom settings...I was wondering if anyone else found anything.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
Old 08-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I am running similar settings, and I get 10.5-10.7 mpg with every tank in the city. My commute is only ten minutes, and very little highway driving, just stop and go. On the highway, I get 12-14 mpg depending on the temperature outside. If it's cooler, it's higher, warmer - lower. I have it set to the 93 octane, but run 87 octane in the tank - no problems with pinging...I also changed the shift firmness to normal...it just "kicked" a little too much for me. One thing I've noticed is that my mpg is better if I accelerate quickly, then let off the gas enough so that the transmission shifts to the highest gear and then proceed from there...really affects the mpg...

If you don't let the transmission shift then you'll get about 9-10mpg...

'03 H2
Old 08-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Guys you are worrying Yourselves over allot of nothing. These rigs are not designed for fuel economy. I know the guy who programmed the Proflash and the guy who works for comp cams programming their FastFlash. Just max it out and have fun. You will not get any better milage with these tuners. The way to get better MPG is to use less fuel and these things increase full usage if You do not keep foot out of it. Get it so that you can tow better, run faster, or stock when You do not need the other. With the programs your are setting them for, performance you will not improve your MPG, there are exceptions. If anything it may go down due to the lead foot syndrome. If You want the best MPG go to factory settings and just add cold air intake, throttle body spacer, better spark plug wires anything You can find that will help the engine burn all the fuel better with a hotter spark. Increase the air volume to lean the fuel out and mix it better for better combustion at the same time without messing with timeing etc. Now going to the perf. could get better milage since your are leaning the engine out but, you have to keep Your foot out of it and after You feel the fun it will not save fuel.

I went full perf. and My milage stayed the same as stock. Except when I got to playing and having fun with the new power.

I have gone to Magnuson and when I finish with tuning even at 93 oct. I will be able to return to factory MPG if not better. These rigs are set from factory to run so rich it is not even funny. For an example My tuning on My SC right now shows air/fuel ratio is running -.9 with 12 lbs. of boost. The perfect number is -.08 to
-.09 I will come back to -1 and even though the numbers seem small to go from -.9 to -.1 it is huge fuel savings. it is so rich the tail pipe is turning black. We cannot tune anymore right now as We are doing the A/V for the next show and hoping to paint ghost flames and 3 coats of clear.

I had all My gauges setup and running while using the Proflash before SC and at full perf. on every item i was running full rich at WOT which is where You have to be concerned not to be lean. Guys nothing is written in stone and every engine is a little different but, the handhelds have to tune rich as they have a quaranty to worry about. but running rich also can cause problems with engine so be careful there also.

One thing You do gain by running full perf. and using 87 octane is more power. That is because 87 is more volatile than 93 which delivers more power because of the instability of 87 octane.
Do this at Your own risk but, this is my experience from working with hand held programmers since 1999. To run 87 with performance make sure you are getting cold air intake to lower fuel temp to prevent detonation.
I have a 1999 Silverado with 5.3 and it has been running the way i desribed with a Hypertech from first week I got it new off the lot with cold air, throttle body spacer, Granatelli MAF and changing spark plugs before the 100,000 miles and serviceing tranny twice a year. Cheap insurance. Have never had problems and does not use any oil to speak of between oil changes. I run a machine hard as I figure they are here for me to enjoy so I do not follow break in rules and run the dog out of them all the time. My H2 was picked up at the dealer on a Friday morning and left a 3 pm for Dallas at 80 MPH most of the time. I believe breaking them in as you are going to use them. I have seen to many pampered vehicles have lots of mechanical problems. Maybe just accident.

We are going to experiment with water/methonal inj., CO2 spray on the intercooler, and if needed but, more for looks a nice billet dry ice bucket at WOT. We are going to have the computer tuning software by HPTUNERS not hand held setup to run at all times when key is turned on so We can watch the air/fuel ratio real time and mess with slowly going down to 87 octane in place of 93. I absolutely do not recommend it if You are not going to add all the gauging needed to watch what is happening. My built in PC will boot every time I turn key on and will load HPTUNERS software tuning the first thing after OS is up and running so I can immediately go to scan and watch the A/F.
Well hope I helped some
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the HT III remove the Torque Mgmt?