H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default header install time?

i just got the preadator coated headers and was wondering how long my stealership should charge 1 guy said 3 hours and another said 6 but these were just guesses they havnt gave me a set time yet. i wanna have a educated guess before i get raped to bad. thanks for your time.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale
Default Re: header install time?

Mine took about 5 hours, and they actually had to do a little welding on them to get them to fit perfectly.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

When my Dynatech stainless headers were put on. Had a guy on each side with tires removed. They then removed the inner fender liner which exposed the headers completetly. Removed spark plugs so not to break. Belly shield removed and the 2 of them were done which included adding a catback system also while at it. They put in a cooler T-stat and they were done in about 2 hours. Dealer will not come close to doing it in this amount of time so I would double the time for them to do it at least.

Oh, the guy on drivers side finished quite sooner than passenger side guy which for some reason I think had less room. This time included starting rig up with wheels off to make sure of no exhaust leaks.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Hummer Professional

HUM GOOD has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have borla headers...Install by me. wheels on, no jacks, in my one car garage in 4 hours. They were shorties, prolly reason y I didnt have to drop the tires or fender inserts out.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys they charged 3 hours 360 bucks but said if i ever have a problem they will fix it. i finnaly broke the tires loose and i have 37in toyo M/Ts. well not broke loose but i felt it slip. hehe. i have magna charger preadetor headers and corsa cat back. stock magna tune for now i think im gonna get a nelson tune but keep my pully stock what do you guys think? thanks again.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Allen's tune will be a big improvement over the kit tune. But, if You are going to pay for a tune i would pay $99 more to Allen and get a size or 2 smaller pulley and make the cost of a new tune really worth it. Allen will have You fill out a questionaire sheet and You can talk to him about how You want ride to react to day to day use which he can tame it down some. If the H2 is for more weekend driving and You want some real power to work with then tune can be more agressive.

That is why i like using HPtuners tuning software on laptop so I can make up as many tunes as i want and store them. If I'm headed on a long trip I can flash a less powerful tune for an economy tune. I can have several HP tunes and can flash anyone i want like if I have traction available and someone needs a pull out I can right on the spot flash more HP and Torque. It takes more time to set up all the tunes and not most guys gig, so Allen Nelson is then the way to go no doubt about it.
I just like the flexibility and can even put the factory tune in any time i need also. But, I would go with another pulley if paying for a tune and really enjoy the tune as pulley will be the least of the cost. You can check into buying an extra PCM to have tune on it for kit pulley and the other for smaller pulley. You can chnage pulley without taking belt off with a little practice then unbolt the box and bolt in the other and go.

Main thing though is do what makes You happy and feel comfortable with.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges