H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Hummer Professional

blockrockin is on a distinguished road
Default lifted h2 with roll.....

i just got my h2 lifted with a 6 inch fabtech lift.. i love it... the only problem is their is alote of roll i guess you call it .. when you turn the wheel . its worst at high speeds.. like on the high way, it is alittle much.kinda scarry sometimes... i got the fabtech steering stablizer installed with the lift... so i was just wondering what i could do that would help with the roll...? would the dual shock kit help alote? or is their something else that might work better. ? also what gears would i want to change to help get some power back? thanks alote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: lifted h2 with roll.....

Are the sway bars hooked up ? if not than you are going to get a sloppy ride . If you installed biger tires with tall sidewalls that will also give you lots of flex in the corners and at highway speeds .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by IRA51 : 06-15-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

YOu may want to look into tougher sway bars. That may help some. What shocks did you go with and what tire/ rim setup. That will help others with some suggestions. There are quite a few with that lift on this site.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:07 AM
Hummer Professional

thanks for the help.. i went with 37 x 13.50 x 20 nitto mudd grapplers. yes the sway bars are attached.. but maybe i need heavy duty ones.. what do you suggest.? i just went with the fabtech shocks that came with the kit. so maybe the dual shock setup would help with that. ive also seen a dual steering stablizer, but im not sure if that would help...heres a pic thanks !
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

nice looking rig. I concur with the prior comments. Also you must figure that if you are raising your center of gravity, you will tend to get more body roll.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 06-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockrockin
thanks for the help.. i went with 37 x 13.50 x 20 nitto mudd grapplers. yes the sway bars are attached.. but maybe i need heavy duty ones.. what do you suggest.? i just went with the fabtech shocks that came with the kit. so maybe the dual shock setup would help with that. ive also seen a dual steering stablizer, but im not sure if that would help...heres a pic thanks !

NICE RIG! THe steering stabilzer is worth the money..esp. if you are going to off road the truck. It will not help with your issue, but it will make input to the steering much better.

Edelbrock trailering arms and sway bars and panhard rod would be your next trial of mods. Phil D had these on his H2. He also had the fabtech kit. You may want to send him a PM to see how he liked them.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Hummer Professional

thanks for the info... i do have the fabtech single steering stablizer.. but i thought i saw a dual one.. i didnt know if that would make a difference.. but i take your addvice on the trailing arms and sway bars maybe that would tighten everything up alittle .. its not bad now, i just was hoping to improve it alittle bit more..just sways alittle to much. i also have the hypertech programer i wasnt sure what setting to use beside the one for the bigger tires .. anyone have any suggestions . thanks alote !

[
Old 06-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Before you do anything, wait. You need to let the truck settle into it's new configuration for a while. Mine was the same way when I got it. Frankly, it was a bit scary to drive for the first fifty to hundred miles.

After that, things settled in nicely and the truck drove great.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Before you do anything, wait. You need to let the truck settle into it's new configuration for a while. Mine was the same way when I got it. Frankly, it was a bit scary to drive for the first fifty to hundred miles.

After that, things settled in nicely and the truck drove great.

Yeah, it was scary. going all over the place. It definitely got better.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockrockin
thanks for the info... i do have the fabtech single steering stablizer.. but i thought i saw a dual one.. i didnt know if that would make a difference.. but i take your addvice on the trailing arms and sway bars maybe that would tighten everything up alittle .. its not bad now, i just was hoping to improve it alittle bit more..just sways alittle to much. i also have the hypertech programer i wasnt sure what setting to use beside the one for the bigger tires .. anyone have any suggestions . thanks alote !

[

Here's what mine is set it:
85 octane

dial in your tire size: check to make sure your tires are a true 37" tire from the manufact's site before setting.

shift fimness: harder

increase rev limiter to second from the highest setting

1-2 gear +4
2-3 gear +5
3-4 gear +6

This seems to work best for my style of driving.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Hummer Professional

sounds good. thanks for all the help.. ill give it a try with those hypertech settings .. also that is good to know about the "break in period" that makes sense.. ill give it some time..i love the look of the truck and being up higher and it did great in the mudd.... the place that did the work wants me to bring it back in 1000 miles to check out everything and make sure everything is good..... would it be a good idea to get different gears? to try and get alittle power back if so which ones. 4.88? .. thanks
Old 06-18-2007, 01:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road

I did 4:88 gears in mine and it was about perfect with 38" tires. With the 37's, its gonna be geared a little high. That will give you more power but you'll be spinning higher RPM's down the highway which will make your gas mileage suffer more.
As far as the body roll, the only thing that will help it is a stiffer sway bar. You can buy them for the H2, I considered it with mine but it must have "settled in" as Ken says cause it stopped bothering me, I assume it got better without me actually realizing it.
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Hummer Professional

i think you guys are right.! it does seem to be settleing in alittle more.. feels better or im getting used to it.. anyway i like it . thanks for the help. i still might look into a better sway bar. ill wait and see how it drives after alittle more time.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Ken is correct. Let rig settle some first and it applies to any rig lifted. The next thing I would do and most likely anyway would be to go with larger diameter sway bars and see how it handles. That is there main function anyway.

Good Luck!! You are getting some sound advice on the forum.

Wish i could be on and offer more help. Health issues keep me from doing allot of things these days that i would like. Hope to get back on more and bug everyone again.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges