H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-22-2005, 02:40 AM

TxDoc is an unknown quantity at this point

After the Alpha 1's Duramax debut and talking to those who would like a Duramax option in an H2, I was wondering if anyone had seen any credible reports that this may happen?

Within the last year there was a "baby" Duramax offered (not in the US), a 3.0 V-6, a 3.0 Turbodiesel. Not necessarily those exact configurations, but something larger than those and smaller than the normal Dmax.

I would love to see a conventional Duramax in the H2, but don't know if AM General and GM would see the potential of offering it in the H2 and the H1, at the same time.

Just wondering if anyone had discussed this or would be potential customers for such a combination.

The reason I am asking this is I am considering an H2 SUT. The other option is a 2500 with the Duramax. The two combined would be perfect. As with most things, you cannot just order something just because you want it. And, seems like right after you settle for one thing, what you wanted to begin with, suddenly appears. I keep checking on GMInsideNews for something, but have not seen anything definitive.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:40 AM

TxDoc is an unknown quantity at this point

After the Alpha 1's Duramax debut and talking to those who would like a Duramax option in an H2, I was wondering if anyone had seen any credible reports that this may happen?

Within the last year there was a "baby" Duramax offered (not in the US), a 3.0 V-6, a 3.0 Turbodiesel. Not necessarily those exact configurations, but something larger than those and smaller than the normal Dmax.

I would love to see a conventional Duramax in the H2, but don't know if AM General and GM would see the potential of offering it in the H2 and the H1, at the same time.

Just wondering if anyone had discussed this or would be potential customers for such a combination.

The reason I am asking this is I am considering an H2 SUT. The other option is a 2500 with the Duramax. The two combined would be perfect. As with most things, you cannot just order something just because you want it. And, seems like right after you settle for one thing, what you wanted to begin with, suddenly appears. I keep checking on GMInsideNews for something, but have not seen anything definitive.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

trashguy is off the scale

in the latest sport truck magazine,theres a small article in the front about how gm just pumped a bunch of money into its duramax program ,they mention the h1 and also say gm wants to put it in the h2 also in the near future.i dont have the mag handy so it isnt word for word.they also mention which i didnt know ,that duramax is a joint venture with isuzu.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

You won’t see a Duramax in an H2 at least until the next major update of the H2. As it stands the frame rails, rad support, and hood all need to be re-worked to make it a viable option for both reliability (cooling) and production feasibility reasons.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2-USA is an unknown quantity at this point

As TrashGuy mentioned,
The June 2005 edition of Sport Truck Magazine, on page 19, along with a nice picture of the engine,

DURAMAX PRODUCTION INCREASES
DMAX, THE JOINT-VENTURE General Motors.Isuzu production plant in Moraine, Ohio, is being updated with $50 million in new equipment. THe expansion will allow DMAX to increase production of the Duramax from 172,000 units in 2004 to 195,000 units this year, with production targets above 200,000 next year. The 6.6L Duramax turbodiesel is currently offered in Chevy Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD pickups. Hummer will put the Duramax in the special-edition H1 Alpha model, and the company is considering making the diesel an option on the H2 in the near future.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

it will be the Isuzu in the h2 for 07 probally and still maybe a 3/4 hummer truck. The truck would be a combo of the h2 front styling and a duramax gm 3/4 modified pick-up
Old 05-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/1961041321

Hummmm.

TxDoc, there's a ton of stuff about the Duramax on this site. Sure will be nice.