H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Too bad it's FUGLY!

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 12 months down, 6 to go!
-------------------------------------------------
Old 12-10-2003, 06:40 PM

RichieM is off the scale

Hey Steve, Nice pix! Anyways what show are these pix coming from? I wanna look for some more on the net. Thnx
Old 12-11-2003, 02:59 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Detonate & Phil, To start, I absolutely admit I don't know anything about trucks. Phil is right about what I see. This morning, I paid attention to trucks on my way to work. Every pickup truck I saw was gardeners, contractors, workers, pool service guys, cleaners or whatever service guys. Once I am on the freeway, looks to me every truck is driven by someone who uses the truck for his work. On the way home I passed through some nearby average cities, I paid some attention (which I did not before), the neighborhoods with pickup trucks in the driveway or parked on the street are generally the ones on the other side of the track, or differnt side of the town as Billy Joe sang in his songs.

I looked at the paper, pickups are the cheapest vehicles.

You can laugh at me or California, but that is what I saw today once I paid attention to them. I spoke from a pure business point of view. Automobile brand is all image as far as business goes. Car companies know about this more than little me Joe Consumer. Hummer obviously thinks there is a lot money to be made from that side of town, they certainly would know a lot more about their business than me.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:16 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The locking front and rear axles on the H3T are borrowed from full-size GM trucks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which GM trucks have factory front lockers?

Yell'r 04 Lux w/ air, sunroof,F&R brush bars
Traded 03 White Lux
03 GMC D/A CC SLT LB soon to be 04
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:20 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

I got this from our plant website,
WARREN — Hummer and Saab have a new recipe to grow sales — offer smaller products to attract younger buyers. Both General Motors Corp. units plan to introduce all-new, less expensive models during January’s Greater Los Angeles Auto Show.
The Saab 9-2X is a production vehicle; the Hummer H3T is a concept.
Hummer first hit the market with the gargantuan H1, a civilized version of the military Humvee, then introduced the smaller H2 in 2002. It plans to sell an even smaller Hummer called the H3 in 2005.
The H3T is a pickup concept version of the H3. It isn’t built on a Hummer platform, but on the same underpinnings as GM’s new midsize pickups — the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon.
"We’re not looking to create mama, papa and baby bear Hummers," said Clay Dean, design director for small trucks and Hummer.
But the automaker is looking to milk its latest truck franchise and draw younger buyers to the brand, where the typical owner is now 45.
"We continue to explore a lot of other opportunities for Hummer," said new GM design chief Ed Welburn. "We’re looking at a smaller Hummer, more efficient, more affordable Hummer and how to appeal to a much younger market."
Hummer worked with athletic wear and equipment giant Nike Inc. to design the interior and exterior of the latest concept. Its 34-inch tall ACG TA tires resemble round hiking shoes with different colored areas denoting traction pad and sand paddles.
The H3T’s seats are made of special lightweight material, the same fabric Nike uses in specialized athletic wear that can cool or warm the body naturally.
Like most concept vehicles, the H3T has its share of gee whiz features, such as hood-mounted cameras for recording one’s off-road exploits. The pickup box includes side-access doors and drop-down steps that double as weather-tight storage compartments.
A power-operated folding canvas sunroof and drop-down rear window are there to provide an open air driving experience.
The 4-wheel drive H3T is powered by a 350 horsepower turbocharged version of GM’s new Vortec 3500 inline five-cylinder engine.
GM plans to gauge reaction to the H3T from auto show attendees in Los Angeles, one of the nation’s biggest Hummer markets, Dean said. But, he said, if it does go into production, the H3T would most likely not be a complete duplicate of the concept version.
A pickup version of the H2, called the H2 SUT, will go on sale during the 2005 model year.
Hummer may not be out to create the equivalent of the fictional three bears in building progressively smaller versions, but it could be a savvy strategy in building sales for the growing family of vehicles.
"It will fill out their product line with variations," said Mike Wall, an analyst with Farmington Hills-based consultants CSM Worldwide. "They may have an opportunity for a little more of a volume bump and start bringing in folks coming from the Colorado and Canyon at a premium."

BTW we are starting to build dies to make some of the 06 H3 parts.
But u never know, they cancelled the 6 door Suburban after we had made the door dies for the extra 2 doors.

Yell'r 04 Lux w/ air, sunroof,F&R brush bars
Traded 03 White Lux
03 GMC D/A CC SLT LB soon to be 04
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:17 AM

H2Norcal is off the scale

The H3, the H3T, what is next....

This is a prime example of what happens when a top 3 automotive manufacturer takes an incredibly unique and special vehicle and over-brands it.

I don't know about you, but this is exactly what I expected to see from GM. Hummer SUVs, Hummer Trucks, Hummer cars, Hummer Tractors, Hummer Heavy Duty Commercial vehicles, Hummer Vans, Hummer Motorhomes.....most of which are going to be launched faster and use standard GM platforms, just with different skins.

I just received the Burston Hummerstuff catalog (GM's Hummer MarCom company). It sports a picture of a Hummer Gibson Guitar. You too can own a Hummer Guitar for $9k. (I am sure many of you have already discussed this; I have been off for a bit).

Just a little overboard here gang.

I love my H2 but it has lost most of its appeal just by virtue of oversaturation. Still a great truck though.

Cheers.

[This message was edited by H2Norcal on 12-11-03 at 04:26 AM.]

[This message was edited by H2Norcal on 12-11-03 at 04:27 AM.]
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Hummer Professional

tanklizard is an unknown quantity at this point

I was checking out GM's stats on the H3T and then went to Edmunds.com and compared them to a Regular Cab Colorado with the Z71 package. The H3T may be based off the Colorado but there are significant changes:
....................Z71..........H3T
Length:.............192.8".......174.9"
Width:..............67.6"........74.5"
Height:.............67.6"........70.6"
Weight:.............3603 lbs.....4650 lbs.
Wheel base:.........111.2".......118.6"
Ground Clearance:...8.4".........11.5"

I particularly like the fact that the H3T is almost 7" wider. Hopefully that translates into more hip room for my fat ass! I was kind of worried the H3 would be to small when I heard it was based off the new Colorado (which is really a compact truck whether Chevy wants to call it mid-sized or not, it's dimensions are close to the S10.) Now it looks like it will be more mid-sized than compact.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.---George Orwell