H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

OK so I am putting my money where my mouth is this weekend. Happy 4th of July to all.
Anyways, I am getting H2 Lux, Black with Air susp, nav and sunroof. Looking into the following aesthetic options, what do you think

1. Black grille
2. Chrome brush guard
3. Chrome Fuel cap
Should I get anything else from the dealer or should I get these aftermarket.

Other things on wish list for aftermarket (unless someone thinks the dealer should install):
1. Reclining 2nd row seats
2. Rear view camera
3. Cd changer
4. DVD and screens in headrest for the kiddies
5. Mirror Hummer logo in rear bumper, the smoked one.
6. New Intake (including new tower)
7. off road exhaust
8. some comp flash or other engine mgmt upgrade.
9. Ipod attatchment

Please, please do not let my wife see this list. Thanks to all who give an opinion. Will hopefully be in Moab this October.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

OK so I am putting my money where my mouth is this weekend. Happy 4th of July to all.
Anyways, I am getting H2 Lux, Black with Air susp, nav and sunroof. Looking into the following aesthetic options, what do you think

1. Black grille
2. Chrome brush guard
3. Chrome Fuel cap
Should I get anything else from the dealer or should I get these aftermarket.

Other things on wish list for aftermarket (unless someone thinks the dealer should install):
1. Reclining 2nd row seats
2. Rear view camera
3. Cd changer
4. DVD and screens in headrest for the kiddies
5. Mirror Hummer logo in rear bumper, the smoked one.
6. New Intake (including new tower)
7. off road exhaust
8. some comp flash or other engine mgmt upgrade.
9. Ipod attatchment

Please, please do not let my wife see this list. Thanks to all who give an opinion. Will hopefully be in Moab this October.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:38 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

The "lion" rides in class! (as long as the lion's wife doesn't catch wind of his new upgrade list)....

All upgrades are good. Do what you want and don't let anybody tell you otherwise and sure as hell don't let anybody tell you want is cool or looks good.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

Sounds like a great ride to me. Mine is a 2005 Adventure and I definately like the black grill over the chrome one. I'm debating doing the chrome gas cap cover vs. a locking gas cap and I think I am leaning to the chrome cover. My brush guard is black. I think I would have preferred chrome but I now have less to polish with the black grill, I really like it.
I had a Hypertech performance "chip" added today so we will see if that really works out for better mpg or worse. Anyway, the service rep is hummer trained and says that Hummer told him another CD player could not be added with the Nav package BUT he says one of the techs there figured out how to do it. If your guys have trouble with it, I'll pass on the contact info. My guys could be blowing hot air.
David
Old 07-02-2005, 03:06 AM

hutz13 is off the scale

I might be wrong here but I've heard unless you are tight with a dealer you can get options quite a bit cheaper going aftermarket.

I'd check around online and I'm sure you'll see some bargains on at least a few items on your wish list.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:48 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry for the long message, but here it is:

aftermarket without a doubt. in fact, you'll find that dealer accessories (or rather "gm certified") are aftermarket. they just mark it up because since they're offered at/by the dealership. people who don't know accessories feel "safer" since they know that it's being done by the dealership. especially since there can be some iffy accessory shops out there.

the grill is up to you. do you want it noticable or not? imo, chrome fuel caps/doors are nice, but again, do you want it noticable or not? some people like the whole stealth look and would go all black. then again, there are those who like their "bling".

aftermarket cd player? just make sure that they have the PAC (i can't remember the part number, but i can get it if you want) conversion that allows you to keep the steering wheel button use with the aftermarket player. unless, that's not an issue for you.

dvd and screens > any reputable audio shop can help you with this. i recommend myron and davis (which, i believe, is a prime example of a dealer option) screens. they offer a complete headrest replacement with 7" screens already installed, ready to wire. the headrest are made with the same leathers gm uses so it's a guaranteed color match. an experienced audio shop will be able to install the dvd player professionally. i can't tell you how frustrating it is to clean up someone else's wiring mess. they'll be able to do your ipod attachment also. imo, best buy, circuit city, and some of these other main companies who deal with electronics generally, don't always have audio installers that know what they're doing, so make sure it's an audio shop that's got a good reputation.

engine mgmt upgrad, exhaust, rear view camera, and nerf bars should be available at any truck accessories store.

and for my credibility, i own a full custom shop in arkansas and have been working in the aftermarket industry for about 6 or 7 years. although i'd be happy to work on your rig, this is not a plug for me but some personal advice.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Thanks for the advice Dragon, please do post the part number for the PAC conversion, in order, to retain use of steering wheel controls for additional CD changer. I and others I'm sure, would appreciate the info.

Thanks again...too bad Arkansas is sooo far away from South Florida.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:07 AM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

no problem. if i wasn't familiar with this industry, as a customer, i wouldn't want to send my new $50k off to another state (almost another country). pac's website is: http://www.pac-audio.com/ if you ever want to go there. you'll need teh following:

#OS2 BOSE > onstar volume
#CM1 > to keep your warning chimes.
#SWI-X > steering wheel volume controls

for a complete explanation go here: http://pac-audio.com/pac/7_PAC_bros/...g_Radio_Q5.pdf it may take a while to load.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:56 AM

H222 is off the scale

my 2cents--
i would like to see no chrome grille guard and chrome gas cap the black grille looks so tough with a black gaurd i would like to get the black grille for grille for mine along with mirror cars and door handles. also i would recommend a tire upgrade if not wheel as well, might as well set yourself apart from everyone else. if i might be so bold to suggest--the other wheel i wanted to do if it wasn't for my lust for 22s was the 18" helo maxx8 in black with polished lip the pic is of the maxx6 the 8 is the same with two more spokes. with the nitto terra grappler AT's

again this is just my opinion and is completly to my taste as for all the other stuff on your aftermarket list i would add in the tv bypass for your factory nav so you can enjoy the show as well also for the kids xbox's install quite handily under the seat as well

butanywhoodles congrats on getting an H2 also some dealers will work with a local caraudio/accessory shop. just go to which ever car audio/accessory store you have near by, get a quote bring it to the dealer, and tell them you would like to have this shop install your product for you. that way MOST of the time you get all your product you want installed and ready for delivery and all rolled into your monthly payment (also the mrs. can just think it came with the truck) ok i'm tired after all this typing and am going to bed
Attached Images

HID\'s
www.tintmasters.net
www.boozemob.com
www.solidperformanceinc.net
Old 07-03-2005, 12:23 PM
mstams

Here's what the black and chrome looks like -- plus a little mud...
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Dammit H222

ur making my mouth water, thanks to mstams pic - I think I will go with the black grille and damn those helo's look nice. I am not sure what I am going to do with this H2, its going to be a daily driver and I am hoping to make a cross country trek to moab, thus, what is the best wheel upgrade size, 18's or 20's and can these helo maxx8 take the punishment. I was hoping to sell the factory chrome ones, or is it better to keep them and swap them when I want to go offroading which will unfortunately be only a few times a year???
Old 07-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Heres something that will really set your hummer apart:

I think everyone needs one of those!!! Personally i didnt care for the way the rear tire carrier looked so i got painted fiberglass cover for it. I think it adds a nice touch. Soon i will be getting the Kaotic or Driv(both brands seem to make the same wheel) Nt-1 20x10 with a 325/60-20 terra grappler. I have to wait a month for the tires as they are on national back order. This is my first time posting pictures on this board so i hope it works. Heres the rear tire cover:

Another angle:

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Nice tire cover, where from and how much?