H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-11-2003, 10:25 AM

drouke is off the scale

Ok. So out of nowhere my wipers turn on to high speed and the washer fluid pumps piss out all of the washer fluid. Of course I was on the highway so I had to pull over and lose my mind for a minute. Immedialtely I'm pissed off that my 57 thousand dollar investment is going wacky. After pulling the fuse, I called the dealer. To my surprise (insert sarcasm here) the dealer told me that I am not the first this has happened to. One good thing about this dealer is that they give "5 star service" and they came to work to pick the truck up and do a "5 minute repair". after 4 hours had passed I called to ask where my truck was. I was informed that after an intense evaluation of my truck no problem was found. Then to no avail 10 minutes after driving home there they go again! another call to the dealer letting them know they will be picking up my truck first thing in the morning and not returning it to me until the problem is resolved, "no problem Mr. Rouke, we're very very sorry". Promptly at 9 a.m. eastern standard time they make the pick up. 1 p.m. I received a phone call letting me know that the washer pumps have burned out and the winshield wiper motors have as well, and guess what? We don't keep those items in stock! We could have them in 3 days. Mr. Rouke there's no need to worry though, we already have a driver on the way to drop off a loaner to you with a $75 dollar gas card, we apologize for any inconvienence this may have caused you. A few minutes later the driver showed up at my office with my brand new 2003 TOYOTA CAMRY loaner car. Another phone call to the dealer expressing my concern at the fact that they think this, excuse my language, piece of **** (sorry camry owners who may have stumbled into this forum by accident, cause I know none of my people here would own one) was in any way acceptable as a replacement vehicle. "Mr. Rouke can I call you right back"? To which I replied "sure, take your time". The call back was from the Service Manager to let me know that there was a driver on his way to my office with a Mercedes G500 SUV and he hoped I would find this satisfactory as a loaner until my H2 was fixed which would be no later than Friday 3 days. So 2 weeks later I returned the benz (it's a sin that thing cost 85k) and picked up my baby. Hummer village of Norwood ladies and gentleman.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:25 AM

drouke is off the scale

Ok. So out of nowhere my wipers turn on to high speed and the washer fluid pumps piss out all of the washer fluid. Of course I was on the highway so I had to pull over and lose my mind for a minute. Immedialtely I'm pissed off that my 57 thousand dollar investment is going wacky. After pulling the fuse, I called the dealer. To my surprise (insert sarcasm here) the dealer told me that I am not the first this has happened to. One good thing about this dealer is that they give "5 star service" and they came to work to pick the truck up and do a "5 minute repair". after 4 hours had passed I called to ask where my truck was. I was informed that after an intense evaluation of my truck no problem was found. Then to no avail 10 minutes after driving home there they go again! another call to the dealer letting them know they will be picking up my truck first thing in the morning and not returning it to me until the problem is resolved, "no problem Mr. Rouke, we're very very sorry". Promptly at 9 a.m. eastern standard time they make the pick up. 1 p.m. I received a phone call letting me know that the washer pumps have burned out and the winshield wiper motors have as well, and guess what? We don't keep those items in stock! We could have them in 3 days. Mr. Rouke there's no need to worry though, we already have a driver on the way to drop off a loaner to you with a $75 dollar gas card, we apologize for any inconvienence this may have caused you. A few minutes later the driver showed up at my office with my brand new 2003 TOYOTA CAMRY loaner car. Another phone call to the dealer expressing my concern at the fact that they think this, excuse my language, piece of **** (sorry camry owners who may have stumbled into this forum by accident, cause I know none of my people here would own one) was in any way acceptable as a replacement vehicle. "Mr. Rouke can I call you right back"? To which I replied "sure, take your time". The call back was from the Service Manager to let me know that there was a driver on his way to my office with a Mercedes G500 SUV and he hoped I would find this satisfactory as a loaner until my H2 was fixed which would be no later than Friday 3 days. So 2 weeks later I returned the benz (it's a sin that thing cost 85k) and picked up my baby. Hummer village of Norwood ladies and gentleman.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that's some good service.

I get the feeling that my dealer would have me walk home because my house is outside the ½-mile "ride van" radius. I've been on that bus while having my Cherokee worked on. They said I'd have to rent a loaner.

Lets hope they do better in the ass kissing area with the H2.....

- Dan

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 11 months down, 7 to go!
Old 11-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Oguy is off the scale

That's along time to be with out. At least Norwood did put there best foot forward in making things right. I have noticed a smaller problem as well with the intermittent control on my wipers. Some times when I take them off constant and put them to intermittent they stay on constant. It is hit and miss can't ever make it do it when I want to show some one. Sounds like you are in my area I got my H2 from Longs. Hope that is the last of your problems, see you on the road.

www.h2-outfitters.com
Old 11-11-2003, 11:31 AM

drouke is off the scale

that's actually where I got mine because at the time they were the only authorized dealer in Mass. By the way I too have that problem with my wipers. Even after the repair.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

PewterPower is off the scale

I have also experienced the problem described by H2OGuy....wipers stay on constant when I move them to intermittent. Again, I am not able to always duplicate the problem.

I have not taken it to the dealer.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Gee that's great. I dropped off my 03 H1 to have the alignment done. They said it would take all day so I said ok, I need a car (under warranty of course). Gee, Mr. Butcher is really funny because GM offers rentals for H2 owners but not H1's.

I didn't say anything but just continued to stare him in the eye. 2 minutes later he pulled up a dealer Chevy Malibu with dents all over it and said there ya go! At that point I wasn't going to complain because I needed to get my ass to work. So, the moral is if you decide to buy an H1 just know that when it gets serviced you'll be driving a POS malibu OR paying for your own rental car.

This was Hummer of Sherman Oaks where I have always received good service. My next stop is Cerritos where I have heard wonderful things about the service manager who just so happens to race Hummers and be directly connected to AM General.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

drouke,
What did you think of the G-Wagen? It is a crime that that thing goes for $85K.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

SUT on order 12/02. 11 months down, 7 to go!
Old 11-11-2003, 04:06 PM

jmldenver is off the scale

Actually drty the G500 is $77k and the G55 is $94k.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jmldenver:
Actually drty the G500 is $77k and the G55 is $94k. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on where you're shopping.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:16 PM

Well thats MSRP, so anything over would most definitely be a crime.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:22 PM

drouke is off the scale

drtyfn...... I thought it was a piece of crap. No power... the radio sucked.... I was cramped inside..... and felt like my I.Q. had actually dropped a couple of points just from driving in it. My wife however, loved it. She said she felt very comfortable taking it to the super market and dropping the kid off at school. I guess they hit their target demographic. The sticker on this one was $85549.00. Way over priced for a thrown together SUV. I would never have the balls to take my truck to say the Rubicon, but I like knowing that I could if I wanted to. I'd love to see how the G500 would fair on a trail.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:30 PM

drouke, although I don't think they are anywhere close to being a piece of crap, I will say that they do have a $hitty sounding stereo, cramped interiors and a ride that makes you want to wear a kidney belt. To each their own I guess

BTW - That sticker price is just killing me. Its amazing what people will pay over MSRP just to have what they think is the "newest" and "coolest"
Old 11-11-2003, 04:45 PM

drouke is off the scale

My assesment of it being a piece of crap is solely based on the sticker price. If it was mid 30's i'd say it was ok, but that's way too much dough for Mercedes version of a mini van.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:01 PM

1BADH2 is off the scale

My dealer gave me a Trail Blazer
Old 11-11-2003, 11:43 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

drouke, drove the G500 and I have to agree with you. It is **** and I disagree with you on one point.

Reguardless of the price, I thought it was a POS! Small, cramped, slow, top heavy, UGLY!

The MB salesman, pulled me aside and said "Don't buy it, buy an S500 instead."

So I took his advice...........

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww