H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-21-2003, 10:34 AM

BIGCC is off the scale

Hello All

I know this has probably been covered before but I'll ask anyways. ( I'm a newbie ) I want to know what is the best supercharger kit for power and reliability on my H2. Where is the best place to buy one? What other mods should I do to compliment the supercharger?

Thanks in advance
BIGCC
Old 09-21-2003, 10:34 AM

BIGCC is off the scale

Hello All

I know this has probably been covered before but I'll ask anyways. ( I'm a newbie ) I want to know what is the best supercharger kit for power and reliability on my H2. Where is the best place to buy one? What other mods should I do to compliment the supercharger?

Thanks in advance
BIGCC
Old 09-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Circuitguy

Hey thats my name with a extra "C"!!

There are many old posts on this subject as it is a hot one. Most H2 owners do mods like Air Intakes, Programers, Map Sensors and Exhaust Systems. Most would love to have a Superchager because of the great power gain but they do cost a bit more than a Air Intake. Keep reading the posts and talking to other members you will find the info you need. BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 09-22-2003, 07:49 PM

2slo4now is off the scale

For what its worth

I put the magna on my H2. 8 hour bolt on install. Great power increases. I sent my programmer back to get a new program. My truck falls on its face over 80 mph. This is a software problem that should be resolved shortly. Whipple makes a great charger also. I feel that there are still some bugs with both systems.

for what its worth

Dan from Alabama
Old 09-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Whipple and it works great! I believe that they have worked out all of the programming problems (I had my PCM custom tuned). Great power throughout the entire range.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:59 AM

whipplecharged is off the scale

I'm running the Whipple on mine. They did have a few programming issues in the beginning, but I would have to say they worked them out. I also used the Xtremeflow Power Flash programmer to take out the torque management, adjust for my larger tires and gears.

Their combo worked out with their exhaust and cold air intake. I'm making about 475 HP.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:40 PM

Just got my programmer back. We'll see what happens.

Dan from Alabama
Old 09-25-2003, 01:16 AM

Well

I think Magna's got it this time. 10.4 mpg around town. (no hwy yet) Quicker upshifts and much better acceleration. My traction active message comes on during wot acceleration 1st gear on dry pavement with 37 tires. I'm impressed. To the drag strip I go this friday.

Dan from Alabama
Old 09-25-2003, 11:31 PM

BIGCC is off the scale

Hi All,

Thanks to all who replied. I am still undecided on what blower to get but I have it narrowed down to the Whipple or Magnacharger. I think I am going to wait a little longer for these companies to perfect the programming issues before pulling the trigger.

BIGCC
Old 09-26-2003, 12:53 AM

btaylor is off the scale

I think you should consider Kenne Bell. I think the do the nicest job. Their kit comes with new injectors and doesn't add a 9th injector into the dry manifold to add fuel like so many others. They reprogram you PCM rather than piggy-backing one onto your existing one. They also have a 'valet' setting where you can lock out the supercharger if someone else drives your car. www.kennebell.net

Read their FAQs for lots of good answers to your questions.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:27 AM

Loggie is off the scale

BIGCC,
I've been waiting myself to have a blower installed. The dealership where I purchased it has a Vortec supercharger they will install. I drove one they had but was unhappy with the performance. Besides bad performance it was 10k to install.
Hope you find what you want.
Loggie
Old 10-01-2003, 12:56 AM

BIGCC is off the scale

Hey btaylor,

I have heard some pretty bad stories about Kenne Bells service if you should run into any problems. I understand they have a good product and are mainly known for their Buick's, but I have spoken with some Mustang and Lightning owners who weren't exactly thrilled with the service they received from Kenne Bell. I don't have first hand experience but I have heard enough people say the same thing to not want to deal with Kenne Bell.

BIGCC
Old 10-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, here are my 2 cents.

I have addressed this before. I used Kenne
bell, as well as other products on my Buick Grand National and ran a best 10:17 @ 135 with a V6 in 1989. Their products go back to the old Buick GS model.

My H2 has a Full On Lingenfelter Supercharged engine. Like the Buick, I went with one of the best in the area they concentrate on, Chevy engines (However, there were several Vipers on the premises when I delivered my truck). I added Borla headers to their package and have recently installed an Airaid intake (it only takes 15 min. to change to the stock intake for offroading). Custom ground roller cam, pistons, injectors, 3 angle valve job, porting, polishing, 2800 stall, HD trans rebuild, inter-cooled Magna-Charger; it all adds up to one bad SOB.
Final note, I have a Kenne Bell produced Boost-A-Pump on the fuel pump. I cannot locate the adjustment and need to speak to LPE ASAP because I am interested in adding a 50-75 hp NOS kit to put me in the 13's.

Fjor those that have a SC, buy the Nitto Terra Grappler's. My rear's do not spin at all anymore, the fronts grab very quickly and they are fantastic for off-roading.

This pic is prior to the Airaid install.

Also, several people with SC's have reported increases in MPG. It has taken awhile, but mine is going down, 2 tenths so far in city driving to 11.3 on the DIC.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2003, 12:35 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Do not have supercharger on my H2. However I do have Vortech on my 99 Suburban. It was professionally installed. Got more power. Just can not get rid of the Spark knock, no matter how hot of Gas I put in it.. The vortec did not come with any type of reprograming.. THe only thing I can say is their has to be a reason that Lingefelter(sp) charges $15 grand for the upgrade.. My vortec installed was only $4k and runs like it.. I might suggest doing what I did. when I wnat speed I get in my Honda s2000.. when I want big and cool I get in the h2 or even bigger my Suburban with a 6" lift, roof rack etc etc. Mike
Old 10-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

CTRFIRE:
You may need to pick up a reprogrammer for your computer. There are several threads on this subject. The knocking can be fixed.

BTW, ignore what I said about the rears not spinning. Went to the track and generated smoke from all four on the last two runs of the evening. Do not ask what it ran. I was a solid .5 off what it should run. LPE is flying a tech out Nov. 17 and he is staying until the 19th to fix it. That is what I call service.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 10-20-2003, 01:07 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Thanks.. I have a Hypertech III for it before I had the chrger put on.. It doesn't work with set up.. THe only time I did not have spark knock was when I blew out the exhaust forward of the Cat.. At least I think I didn't at least I could not hear it over the exhaust...

I've replaced the waterpump and alternator once and I think the waterpump may be squeaking again... Belts have right tension.. Well thats what yo get with custom stuff I guess.. Thanks again for info.. Got to get back to work store is opening

Mike
Old 10-21-2003, 05:47 AM

Jr is off the scale

There is a company in N.H. that sells ATIProcharger that boosts hoursepower by as much as 60%.