H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-22-2003, 12:34 AM

AUBURN H2 is off the scale

I went to purchase H2 #4 today and the dealer was telling me about the CoolCharger System that they offer. It includes a supercharger, exhaust system, air intake and a reprogramed computer. It is advertised at 450hp. The best part is that is will be covered under the normal GM warranty. I would like to know if anyone else has added this system to their H2 and what kind of results they have had with it and is it worht it?
Old 02-22-2003, 12:34 AM

I went to purchase H2 #4 today and the dealer was telling me about the CoolCharger System that they offer. It includes a supercharger, exhaust system, air intake and a reprogramed computer. It is advertised at 450hp. The best part is that is will be covered under the normal GM warranty. I would like to know if anyone else has added this system to their H2 and what kind of results they have had with it and is it worht it?
Old 02-22-2003, 05:02 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Very interesting and important new development, if this is indeed an Hummer option. It is offered by your dealer, but is it Hummer/AMG/GM products? is it installed and done in the Hummer plant or at the dealer? can it be added to Hummers on the street already? what is the price? Is there any website or further details we can look up? if not, do you have any printed materials which you can post here?
Old 02-22-2003, 11:01 AM

redrum is off the scale

I added it. It was a necessity for me. I use the H2 to tow a track car. The only way to get the truck up the grapevine was to add the supercharger.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:50 PM

Mac,

It is installed at your dealer and is manufactured by Dyno-Proven Products. I can find no website for them but have sent an email request for more info from them. It can be added to any H2 at any time. The complete package price with labor that I was quoted is $7,000.00.

redrum,

Please tell me more, I will not be hauling a heavy load but would be interested in hearing your experience driving without a load. What kind of differences have you noticed and what is the "WOW" factor? Also if you don't mind telling us what you paid for yours, you see what my dealer is asking and I just want to see if this is a fair price.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:41 PM

redrum is off the scale

I had them install it with a number of other engine mods including headers, exhaust, intake, etc. If you break out the SC, it was a few bucks under $7K.

I felt the truck was under powered for what I was using it for. I get a few MPG better gas mileage now and I get a much better SOTP feel under acceleration. It feels more like a sport truck now. I am very satisfied with the results. It met all my expectations.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:42 PM

redrum,

Thanks for the info and I will be ordering mine today.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like a centrifigal supercharger. It would be nice to have the factory warranty though!

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow, CLB, Window Commander, Euro Tail lights.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I think that this is a decision that this specific dealership made to still honor the warranty. I don't think this would be accepted across GM dealerships. At least the dealer near me doesn't know about this as of a couple weeks ago. What do you think, Auburn? I would be excited if this were now a standard option.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:02 AM

redrum is off the scale

It's a GM approved warranty item. Please check SMA
Old 02-25-2003, 01:35 AM

The website states that this is a Warranty-Compliant Performance Enhancement and my dealer says that any Hummer dealer can warranty it.

I am still researching it, and unless someone tells me something really bad about it or that another type of Supercharger is significantly better then I am going with this type.

I would like to here some feedback from others who have added different types to there H2.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

98 SNAKE EATER is off the scale

Very Kewl
Old 03-02-2003, 05:50 PM

Duramax Diesel for H2 is off the scale

Wonder how much overall HP that would add to the H2? And is that covered under just the standard warranty? Or is there a special clause added to your warranty if you choose to get on installed on your rig?
Old 03-02-2003, 06:27 PM

Peter is off the scale

Hey redrum I read in another post that you live on PV pennisula. I'm in Redondo and would love to take a look at your truck with these mods. I'm trying to decide which supercharger and other mods to go with on my truck. Let me know if I can buy you lunch sometime and check out your truck.

Thanks,
Peter
pwansick@yahoo.com
310-567-0629

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redrum:
I had them install it with a number of other engine mods including headers, exhaust, intake, etc. If you break out the SC, it was a few bucks under $7K.

I felt the truck was under powered for what I was using it for. I get a few MPG better gas mileage now and I get a much better SOTP feel under acceleration. It feels more like a sport truck now. I am very satisfied with the results. It met all my expectations.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-31-2003, 04:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

98 SNAKE EATER is off the scale

Can someone else comment on the Warranty aspect of this deal?

$7K isn't cheap for an S/C, but for an S/C with factory Warranty (if on all drivetrain related items) is a steal!!

If there's no catch to this, I'll definitely be looking into it for my new H2

Rick
Old 09-04-2003, 01:35 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AUBURN H2:
The website states that this is a Warranty-Compliant Performance Enhancement and my dealer says that any Hummer dealer can warranty it.

I am still researching it, and unless someone tells me something really bad about it or that another type of Supercharger is significantly better then I am going with this type.

I would like to here some feedback from others who have added different types to there H2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't seem to find that this is a Warranty-Compliant Performance Enhancement on the web site.
I spoke with Gold Coast Hummer and they claim that this will void the factory warrenty for engine and drivetrain. I also spoke with SMA and they said that they will warrenty the engine and drive train for 3/36
Anybody have any other info?

Old 09-04-2003, 01:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out our dealership S/C with warranty on page 6 http://www.dueckgm.com/pages/m_parts_tires.html

It's $11,000.00 Canadian

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez