H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Elcova Rookie

Speedracing is off the scale

Hi,

I just got my AV system installed. I took apart all of the door panels and center console to check the quality of the installation. I noticed that the rear AC vents are connected to a single duct that leads into the center console around the shifter area. Is there supposed to be another duct that was connected to the front AC ducts? I'm noticing that no matter how high I set the speed of the AC, there is not a slight presence of the AC coming out of the rear vents. Anyway can help me check if there is in fact ducting connecting theo back to the front? My installer might have forgot to put it back along with several screws and broken clips.

Thanks in advance.

Speedracing
05 H2 SUV white
Kenwood Excelon XXV-05V
Audio Control Three.1
Kenwood Voice Command Nav
JL 500/1
JL 300/4
JL Stealthbox
Diamond Audio Hex S600s (front and rear)
7" Headrest and sunvisor monitors
Old 10-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Elcova Rookie

Hi,

I just got my AV system installed. I took apart all of the door panels and center console to check the quality of the installation. I noticed that the rear AC vents are connected to a single duct that leads into the center console around the shifter area. Is there supposed to be another duct that was connected to the front AC ducts? I'm noticing that no matter how high I set the speed of the AC, there is not a slight presence of the AC coming out of the rear vents. Anyway can help me check if there is in fact ducting connecting theo back to the front? My installer might have forgot to put it back along with several screws and broken clips.

Thanks in advance.

Speedracing
05 H2 SUV white
Kenwood Excelon XXV-05V
Audio Control Three.1
Kenwood Voice Command Nav
JL 500/1
JL 300/4
JL Stealthbox
Diamond Audio Hex S600s (front and rear)
7" Headrest and sunvisor monitors
Old 10-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Elcova Rookie

Anyone can help?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

You might want to take it to the dealer so they can make sure that the fans are working properly.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:10 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Speedracing:
Is there supposed to be another duct that was connected to the front AC ducts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the '05 service manual (page 8-458), when installing the console: "Important: Make sure HVAC duct is aligned with center console."

I haven't had the console off but my guess is, in the picture below that's a duct end sticking out of the console.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2005, 04:05 AM
Elcova Rookie

Thanks guys.

The diagram from the Manual really helped. I now know that the installer took off the duct and left it out to make room for the Kenwood Brain Unit. This sucks. I'm going to have them get a new one from the dealer and reinstall the system. These guys don't even know what they are doing. I'm so mad for paying thousands of dollars for a system. They didn't even use the original Diamond Audio Hex crossover modules. They just soldered in a cap to cut off the low frequencies to the tweeter. How mickey mouse work this is.

They even told me that it was not possible that my Nav would automatically detect daytime or night time so my Kenwood Nav would always be on night time. Good thing that this forum has been so helpful and I found out that all I needed was to hook up the Illumination line to the light bulb near the shifter.

They also broke so many tabs and clips that I lost count, this with endless missing screws.

I will post their name on this board as soon as I get everything fixed by them. If someone wants to know where NOT to go for an install, PM me.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Are you sure they left the duct out?

You would be getting a lot of air blown down into the interior of the console.

The duct work has 2 connections. 1) At the front of the console on the driver's side. The duct is sort of rectangular with the long side on the vertical. It runs along the driver's side of the console under the shifter and the storage compartment. 2) Right there it has a second connection and that is the one that can be easily disconnected with the console put back together.

I can't imagine them removing any duct work to save room due to how it runs through the console since there would be better options, I would think.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Elcova Rookie

Paragon,

According to Rodster's diagram from the service manual, I'm absolutely sure they left the duct out. All the air is being blown into the interior of the center console. I can feel the AC coming off the gaps of my gear selector.

When I removed the center console, I noticed that the rear AC vents were connected by this Y-shaped duct. But they were not connected to anything else. These installers didn't know what they were doing.

There are so many problems with the install. I've actually made a webpage for the installer so that they know exactly what went wrong. The sales guy was not the installer so he did not know what was going on. Here is the link to the page with all the problems in detail:

http://www.mindpodinc.com/h2/102905-problems2.html

If you guys are looking for install in the So. Cal. area, send me a PM first before you go to the wrong place. Their prices on the equipment were the best though.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

You got screwed by those installers. It would be hard not to take their lack of effort personally. You should bomb their place! Seriously! By the way, awesome job of documenting their malpractice.

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 11-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

intimidator is off the scale

speed i wouldn't pay these hacks. man i feel for ya. they really tore your truck up. you need a whole new dash carrier. these av installers don't give a sh4t about anything.