H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

zdawg8394 is on a distinguished road
Default h2 lift cost

im really debating a lift kit on my hummer, as it sits shes on stock tires, and cranked t-bars. i really want a lift and im wondering how much it cost most of yall after all was said and done. i would obviously need the lift, installation, new rims, and new tires. i dont know if i want to do this or save up and buy a geo tracker as a gas saver! lol.

i figured lift-2,500
instillation -800?
rims- 1500
tires- 1400 \

= 6,200??????
-hummer double brush guard
-vision x rock lights
-5%tint all around
-dual "whips"
-leveling kit
Old 12-31-2011, 05:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

pwrhse2k is on a distinguished road
Default Re: h2 lift cost

Killer Deal for a lift! Recommend you Jump on it if not sold already!!!

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=42179
Old 12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

TTLex is on a distinguished road

ballpark pricing

Rancho 4" (actually lifts closer to 6")- roughly $2300
Fabtech 6" lift -roughly $2700- $3500 depending on what shock option you go with
Cognito 10-12" lift- roughly $4000 for the lift
Labor for install approximatley $700-$900
Alignment- $100

Wheels and tires
There is such a large variety its hard to put a price on this, but I can give you a ballpark
Wheels- roughly $1100
tires (38-40")- approximately $2000-$2500
moutning and balancing - approximately $150-$200

Obviously these are ballpark prices, but they are pretty realistic numbers

Every now and then you can catch a few for sale that are new in the box......such as the one posted now in the FS thread.

You can also keep an eye out for used wheels and tires on craigslist, you can find some good stuff out there if you take your time.

I will say that if your anything like me, you will find yourself wanting more. Im getting real close to selling my Fabtech 6" to go with the 10" cognito and some 42's

Fabtech lift- Bilstein shocks- Hotchkins sways- Cognito UCA's- Cognito support kit- Kryptonite tie rods- Spohn adjustable panhard bar- Rancho stabilizer- Suspension Maxx 1.5" spacers- Green keys- Fuel Hostage 20x12- Toyo Open country 40x15.5- Boulder Accessories winch bumper- Warn light bar w/ PIAA 520's- ZMag billet hood vent- Volant intake- exhaust- superchips tuner- linex bumpers/mirrors- E&G fender flares- blacked out lights- kenwood head unit/tv/navigation- headrest monitors
Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

i wish i had 1500 to buy it... id have it right now!
-vision x rock lights
-5%tint all around
-dual "whips"
-leveling kit
Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

I'd say you are looking at about $10,000 for everything- wheels, tires, lift, labor. This is just ballpark, so depending on who you have do it, it may cost more. Find a good shop though that will take the time to do it right. May want to see if you can throw in a regear at the same time, get them to drop the overall cost a little. After all is said and done, you will wish you regeared because the bigger tires will draw power. Also, go with the Fabtech, they give you a little bit more lift. Good luck, guaranteed you will love your ride 10x's more with a lift, just looks right.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 01-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I?ve got a set of 37? Toyo MT?s with exactly half tread left for a grand. I know you said if you had the money but my point is, 1500 for kift, 1000 for tires and 600 for rims, you?d have less than 3500 bucks (plus labor)

If you decide to do it, you?re just going to have to search around...

Mark
Old 01-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

If you are doing for the looks, go for it, but after owning a lifted 03 Hummer and a lifted Bronco that I wanted bigger tires on to get in and out of muddy job sites, I found it actually hindered by offroad ability because it was easier to tip over with a higher center of gravity.
1. Your performance will go down the tubes unless you change the gearing too. I did that on my '03 and found my foot to the floor doing 80 mph on the highway - don't forget to regear your speedo or rely on your GPS for speed.
2. Your mpgs are going to go down. I was getting 11 before the lift and 8 to 9 afterwards with the new speedo gear and corrected figures.
3. You will draw cops from out of the woodwork.
4. With all that said, I loved the lift and in 2005 with the lift, tires, wheels, gears and labor I had $6900 in it.
5. In the snow with the lift and big tires the performance is incredible.
6. My front wheels would constantly go out of alignment and I had to keep getting it aligned.
With all that said - it was a ball to drive with the lift, except I felt like I lost 100 horsepower with performance after the lift with 40s

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 01-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerMann
If you are doing for the looks, go for it, but after owning a lifted 03 Hummer and a lifted Bronco that I wanted bigger tires on to get in and out of muddy job sites, I found it actually hindered by offroad ability because it was easier to tip over with a higher center of gravity.
1. Your performance will go down the tubes unless you change the gearing too. I did that on my '03 and found my foot to the floor doing 80 mph on the highway - don't forget to regear your speedo or rely on your GPS for speed.
2. Your mpgs are going to go down. I was getting 11 before the lift and 8 to 9 afterwards with the new speedo gear and corrected figures.
3. You will draw cops from out of the woodwork.
4. With all that said, I loved the lift and in 2005 with the lift, tires, wheels, gears and labor I had $6900 in it.
5. In the snow with the lift and big tires the performance is incredible.
6. My front wheels would constantly go out of alignment and I had to keep getting it aligned.
With all that said - it was a ball to drive with the lift, except I felt like I lost 100 horsepower with performance after the lift with 40s

Agreed...... the first thing I did after a supercharger and lift was 4.56 gears. It helped bring back a couple of mpg.

The one thing I disagree with though are the cops. Ever since my first H2 with a lift kit and tires, if I?m speeding, the most I?d get is a flash of the blue lights as they were going in the opposite direction.... usually a thumbs up or a wave.

Of course now, I live in NC where there?s a lot of good ?ol country boys and most of them are cool.

Definitely good in the snow, that?s for sure...

Mark
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

im from nc, i may just go with some 22 rockstars and 37 tires. i like the look of that size rim for some reason then if i ever decide to lift, i have rims i can use. lift is a little expensive for me right now and i dont want to draw cops, have a few illegal things on my truck.
-vision x rock lights
-5%tint all around
-dual "whips"
-leveling kit
Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road

i paid 1900 for my rancho lift from amazon...WOOT! 2400 for 5, 38" toyos from tiresdirect. and my 5 wheels cost me 1100+ about 500 for powdercoating. shocks cost an extra 160. i found everything on google shopping.

Last edited by 2010_5thgen : 01-05-2012 at 07:23 PM.