H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-08-2003, 06:49 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I just want to say this for the record:

People who buy H1's (whether previously owning an H2 or not) should NEVER feel like traitors or sell-outs. No joke-line coming here. Seriously....this site (as I see it) is about Hummers and our shared enthusiasm for everything that is Hummer.

To discriminate on the basis of model is as shallow as getting tweaked about which is the better color. Even if orange is disgusting!

Congrats to JSA!!!!! We welcome yet another vehicle to our Hummer family. Put some pics up and take off the flame-proof protective jacket.

Along similar lines: we also talk a lot of offroading here on the site. It seems to me that many members of our site are not particularly big on offroading. Some of these people feel a bit ostracized and excluded...almost as if they aren't worthy in the offroaders eyes.

My own personal thought is that these people bought a badass offroad vehicle without a particular need/use for it's abilities beyond a regular sedan. Maybe they have some internal issues with that, maybe not....but they tend to get an "offroad it OR you're a poser" feeling from the site from time to time. To that, let me say this:

THIS IS AMERICA Since the dawn of time there have undoubtedly been millions of humans who would have given anything to live in this day, this time and this country. Truly, we enjoy an evolved state of technology where we are allowed to live in freedom with almost unlimited opportunity. It is anyones right to buy, own and operate any vehicle they see fit to purchase. We don't just exercise this right....we celebrate it.

And on a final note, let's try to move from the "R" rating back to the spicy PG-13 rating. Let's lose the sexually explicit references and curb the hardcore profanity.....we've kinda slipped past the envelope lately.

Thanks!

- Steve
Old 11-08-2003, 06:49 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I just want to say this for the record:

People who buy H1's (whether previously owning an H2 or not) should NEVER feel like traitors or sell-outs. No joke-line coming here. Seriously....this site (as I see it) is about Hummers and our shared enthusiasm for everything that is Hummer.

To discriminate on the basis of model is as shallow as getting tweaked about which is the better color. Even if orange is disgusting!

Congrats to JSA!!!!! We welcome yet another vehicle to our Hummer family. Put some pics up and take off the flame-proof protective jacket.

Along similar lines: we also talk a lot of offroading here on the site. It seems to me that many members of our site are not particularly big on offroading. Some of these people feel a bit ostracized and excluded...almost as if they aren't worthy in the offroaders eyes.

My own personal thought is that these people bought a badass offroad vehicle without a particular need/use for it's abilities beyond a regular sedan. Maybe they have some internal issues with that, maybe not....but they tend to get an "offroad it OR you're a poser" feeling from the site from time to time. To that, let me say this:

THIS IS AMERICA Since the dawn of time there have undoubtedly been millions of humans who would have given anything to live in this day, this time and this country. Truly, we enjoy an evolved state of technology where we are allowed to live in freedom with almost unlimited opportunity. It is anyones right to buy, own and operate any vehicle they see fit to purchase. We don't just exercise this right....we celebrate it.

And on a final note, let's try to move from the "R" rating back to the spicy PG-13 rating. Let's lose the sexually explicit references and curb the hardcore profanity.....we've kinda slipped past the envelope lately.

Thanks!

- Steve
Old 11-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Screw that! Buckeye is the biggest sellout. I will never like him until I get mine in February .

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Darn it Dennis, fooey on your comments you are not a gentleman and I respectfully disagree with you (how's that for an example Steve?)

By the way a Hummer is a Hummer is a Hummer. We all made it through a pretty tough trail yesterday (3 really tough sections) including the H2(it's amazing) but I must say I had no doubt Steve would get it through, however a newbie probably would have struggled or gotten a little damage.

As far as using your Hummer for off-road duty or not doesn't and shouldn't really matter. Most people won't take them off road (like the yellow H2 we boxed in on the freeway on the way huh Steve ) I'm sure there are military personnel that look at Hummer off-roaders as (posers, not real, playing army, too scared to enlist so bought a Hummer) So, if you don't take your Hummer off-road, who cares BUT everyone likes pics so, post pics of your mods, tires funny pics driving in town, parked next to a prius anything. Pics are the best part of this forum and create a good amount of conversation.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:19 PM

john m is off the scale

I couldnt agree more...maybe I will get lucky on my trip to Home Depot in the H2 this morning and run over a couple of concrete stops in the parking lot since thats as close to off road as we're going to get today

[This message was edited by john m on 11-08-03 at 07:53 AM.]
Old 11-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

nicely put steve
Old 11-08-2003, 09:38 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

H1s, H2s, we're all brothers.
John M-- hey man. I'm you IL neighbor in Monticello.

gasman
Old 11-09-2003, 01:47 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Up their are no Color Lines!!!! Think of it like the H2 is like undergrad and the H1 is like grad school. For some people undergrad will do just fine and for other well its say a masters in math is better than undergrad in math.