H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-29-2004, 06:27 AM

RAM H2 RYDER is off the scale

Hey everybody this is Ram, I've been lurking in this forum for the last four months and I have learned a lot from reading post here. Now I'm ready to purchase my very own H2 and I wanted to know some of your experiences with buying your H2's. Here's my situation, I just sold a house and the deal closes on thursday December 30th so I will be ready to buy mine next week. I plan on paying cash (Bank check or whatever method the dealer prefers) and I want to get the best deal possible. I live in the California Bay Area and I want a Black 05 lux model and I would really like to get a good deal, I've always heard that people are able to make good deals when they pay cash instead of financing and I would like to pay around $50,000. It might be a pipe dream to think I could possibly get a deal like that so what are your experiences? I went to Hummer of pleasanton and they told me they sell 30 or 40 h2's a month and they didn't seem like they were willing to budge on the price, of course at that time I couldn't really wheel and deal because I did not have money. The one thing they did say is that there is no dealer mark up with them but I was still looking at $57,000.00 I have to have a sunroof, so I want one fully loaded with the moonroof option. I might be willing to spend more than 50K but it would be great to get one at that price. Thanx in advance for your responses-RAM.

Hey everybody this is Ram, I've been lurking in this forum for the last four months and I have learned a lot from reading post here. Now I'm ready to purchase my very own H2 and I wanted to know some of your experiences with buying your H2's. Here's my situation, I just sold a house and the deal closes on thursday December 30th so I will be ready to buy mine next week. I plan on paying cash (Bank check or whatever method the dealer prefers) and I want to get the best deal possible. I live in the California Bay Area and I want a Black 05 lux model and I would really like to get a good deal, I've always heard that people are able to make good deals when they pay cash instead of financing and I would like to pay around $50,000. It might be a pipe dream to think I could possibly get a deal like that so what are your experiences? I went to Hummer of pleasanton and they told me they sell 30 or 40 h2's a month and they didn't seem like they were willing to budge on the price, of course at that time I couldn't really wheel and deal because I did not have money. The one thing they did say is that there is no dealer mark up with them but I was still looking at $57,000.00 I have to have a sunroof, so I want one fully loaded with the moonroof option. I might be willing to spend more than 50K but it would be great to get one at that price. Thanx in advance for your responses-RAM.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:40 AM

Hummina_Hummina is off the scale

HI ram I am 3 hours north of you and have a 2003 in perfect condition with 35K miles I will sell for $37K just another option
Old 12-29-2004, 03:49 PM

I really appreciate the offer, I really considered buying an 03 for a long time, but I decided I'm stuck on 05's now I just love the Ebony interior and I want that 36,000 miles of warranty. But thanx though.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Hummer Professional

HummerLV is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAM H2 RYDER:
I went to Hummer of pleasanton and they told me they sell 30 or 40 h2's a month <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now that's a pipe dream, remember cash talks.
take the cash with you and don't be afraid to walk out if the deal is not right, i took cash and left one weekend then they called me back and then i started to leave 3 times while hagging the final price. i now own my 04 yellow lux
Old 12-29-2004, 04:46 PM

So HummerLV what kinda deal did you end up making with the dealer? I don't think I would feel comfortable with that much Cash on hand and I don't think the bank would want to give it to me, even though its in my account. I always heard that when you spend over 10k in cash that it can be a problem.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Ram, the dealership I work for is one of the biggest and best Hummer dealers in the country. We have people all the time flying in from other states, buying our H2's and driving them home. 50,000 for the truck you want probably won't happen, but we can come close. Email one of our top Hummer salesman at
rherold@sewell.com
He can work with you and let you know what we can do. The price also depends on what the rebates in California are right now. If rebates are higher in another state, you can only get the rebate that is offered in the state you live in. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:20 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

Edmark Hummer. Napa Idaho right outside Boise. Typically 3-4,000 under MSRP. Great people. If you call them ask for Ben Johnson
Old 12-29-2004, 09:04 PM

I realize that I probably won't get what I want for $50,000.00 but I would like to save at least a couple thousand dollars. I need to make my purchase in the Bay Area.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:28 PM

Joseph Muha is off the scale

I just bought an 05 from Landers in Arkansas. They matched the deal from the nations largest Hummer Dealer (Lynch). You can check Lynch's site on line to see what their prices are. I walked out once, but they dealt with me when I came back. I agree, the interior on the 05 (and the touch screen nav) were MUST HAVE'S for me.
Best of luck!
Old 12-31-2004, 02:10 AM

Yes the House sale closed today and the funds are available, with any luck i'll be a true member of this board next week.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by Ram Future H2 Owner:
I have to have a sunroof, so I want one fully loaded with the moonroof option. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the forum. You must be a Werewolf with that Freudian slip.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:18 AM

Hey people I went out to buy my H2 today without luck but tomorrow looks promising. First I went to hummer of pleasanton and they did not have any Lux models in stock but they let me test drive an adventure series, it was my first time driving an H2 and it was a blast. Since I did not find one there I called the other hummer dealers in the bay area and Team Hummer in San Rafael had a Stealth Grey lux. I test drove that one too and it was great but it had too many goodies for me to make a deal. It had the Air suspensionand DVD system. They would only take it down to $59,997 and thats down from the original sticker price og $64,000 and after anll the taxes and licensing fees it was still $63,500.00 out the door. Thats a little too steep for me. Putnum Hummer in Burlingame told me that they had a Black 05 with sunroof and chrome step bars but not lux and said they would give me a good price. It does not have the Ebony TV which I do love but he told me that he could give it to me for 58 or 59 thousand out the door. I'm hoping I can get him douwn to 56 thousand tomorrow. I test drove an H2 with wheat interior and it was great too, so I can live without ebony if it can save me 6 or 7 thousand bucks. Wish me luck tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I used Sewell against my dealer to get the price i wanted. I even had a price from east coast. Go get prices and tell dealer this is what i can get it for and where I can get it. they usually will not let You get away. If You bought in Dallas and You saved $5000 You can have it shipped to You for less than a $1000 and you still saved money. You got to make them believe You will go where ever You have to to get what You want. Right now with fuel it is easier to get what You want than when I bought My 05 in May 04. Stand Your ground.
You have not been taken or paid to much until You sign the papers and hand them a check.
Like poker they have got to feel you will walk away. Good Luck.
I got Stealth Grey loaded for $56995 listed for $66950 roughly and I hear they are dealin better now than earlier on.
Rick
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-03-2005, 01:54 AM

I hear you RLTAZH2 I had to walk out on a dealer today. It seems like these dealers just expect a person who's in the market for an H2 to just pay whatever they say. Even though I'm paying for the vehicle outright I am not rich and I'm looking to save where I can. Funny thing is they still wanted me to fill out a credit application.