Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Nebraska Judge Says 128 mph Not 'Reckless'

The Associated Press

NEBRASKA CITY, Neb. - Speeding is not necessarily reckless, even at 128 mph, a judge ruled in the case of a motorcyclist who tried to flee from state troopers.

With some reluctance, County Judge John Steinheider ruled last week that Jacob H. Carman, 20, was not guilty of reckless driving on Sept. 5, when he was spotted by a trooper who then chased him at the top speed of his cruiser's odometer - 128 mph.

"As much as it pains me to do it, speed and speed alone is not sufficient to establish reckless driving," the judge told Carman on Friday. "If you had had a passenger, there would be no question of conviction. If there had been other cars on the roadway, if you would've went into the wrong lane or anything, I would have convicted you."

Otoe County prosecutor David Partsch acknowledged that Carman could have been charged with speeding but, "We felt that the manner in which he was operating the motorcycle was reckless."

Carman didn't get off entirely. He was fined $300 for expired tags and other violations.

December 7, 2005 4:35 PM

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...05-581018.html
Old 12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Nebraska Judge Says 128 mph Not 'Reckless'

The Associated Press

NEBRASKA CITY, Neb. - Speeding is not necessarily reckless, even at 128 mph, a judge ruled in the case of a motorcyclist who tried to flee from state troopers.

With some reluctance, County Judge John Steinheider ruled last week that Jacob H. Carman, 20, was not guilty of reckless driving on Sept. 5, when he was spotted by a trooper who then chased him at the top speed of his cruiser's odometer - 128 mph.

"As much as it pains me to do it, speed and speed alone is not sufficient to establish reckless driving," the judge told Carman on Friday. "If you had had a passenger, there would be no question of conviction. If there had been other cars on the roadway, if you would've went into the wrong lane or anything, I would have convicted you."

Otoe County prosecutor David Partsch acknowledged that Carman could have been charged with speeding but, "We felt that the manner in which he was operating the motorcycle was reckless."

Carman didn't get off entirely. He was fined $300 for expired tags and other violations.

December 7, 2005 4:35 PM

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...05-581018.html
Old 12-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

eh.

If I got busted going the speeds I used to on my bike *before I was married and had kids* I would be lucky to have been seen at 128mph.

I had passed State Police on random highways going in excess of 128mph on 65mph posted roads. I had never had one pull out to begin to chase - I am sure it is because of safty, and knowing most of these jerks run. I had one trooper wave at me, and another one shake his finger at me. Yet, if they tossed on the blues, I would have stopped.

Sad thing is those damn bikes make 100 feel like 40 in a tuck like ours. It is SO easy to speed - after all they are race bikes. Or at least the ones I drove...

All and all, driving like that is dumb, and I was dumb for doing it. I will be the first to say it. There could have been a random rock in the road, or log, or anything that might have fell from a truck.

I was fully geared (helmet, leathers, boots..etc) when I did this crap, but things change, and I sold my motorcycle about 1 years back.

Having a newborn in my truck now, and getting passed by $hit balls driving like - well, like i used to makes me mad, and I wish I had never acted like that. I was lucky, and I hope they are too.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Alec...I will let you take my 600R out for a spin one of these days...nothing like a Hayabusa, but still plenty fast if you ask me. 110 in a 75 is my fastest so far. My dad decided to take it for a spin and he said he got it up to 130 on some country back roads out by Ft Collins. My dad is a little crazy some times.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:46 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Me > you all

Come talk after you've topped my 183 on 280 in the Bay area.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Me > you all

Come talk after you've topped my 183 on 280 in the Bay area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

237 in the 1/4 mile

Ok, it wasn't me but I was there and helped the crew

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

Popped 190 in my 93 Mazda RX-7 R1 Special Edition, Japan spec, on the highway in Okinawa, Japan.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 12-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GLBLWARMR:
Popped 190Kmph in my 93 Mazda RX-7 R1 Special Edition, Japan spec, on the highway in Okinawa, Japan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fissed.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GLBLWARMR:
Popped 190Kmph in my 93 Mazda RX-7 R1 Special Edition, Japan spec, on the highway in Okinawa, Japan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fissed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had a 280kmph hour speedo and my buddy in his Skyline R34 GTR gave the actual speed cause his speedo went to 340 kmph. I was pegged needless to say.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 12-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
I got the Hayabusa to 185 near Limon. Other best in Denver was 140 on Peoria between my house and Arapahoe on that dip. Only 100 over the speed limit

Can I still try the 600R? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sure...I think it tops out around 165 (based on what the former owner told me)...but you are welcome to take it for a spin once the weather gets nice again.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
VT, I got old and scared in the end. Sold this in 04 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The busa! If you're going to go fast in a straight line, that is the bike to own! right on man! I miss it at times, and will get back into it maybe when I am older - but I doubt it will be on a all out sport bike.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:06 PM

Rajin Cajun is off the scale

I've been riding for as long as I can remember and the only place to ride at these speeds is on the track. I've had 2 spills on the road (neither involved speeding) and the risk's just arent worth it. ShaggyZr2 heres my 600RR
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 05:07 PM

One more in race trim
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rajin Cajun:
I've had 2 spills on the road (neither involved speeding) and the risk's just arent worth it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. T-boned someone who blew a stop sign because the sun was in their eyes, and got run over by someone crossing the double line. Bad road rash both times, but otherwise OK. No more bikes after that! So I switched to hang gliding. Crashed, broke ankle, leg, died, and revivied. Much better hobby eh?

Wife and kids keep me out of trouble now.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rajin Cajun:
One more in race trim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! check out http://www.fireblades.org it is a great site! I really enjoy it, and find it to be a very good forum. There is a group for about every Honda on two wheels!
Old 12-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Hummer Guru

my old 929!
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Hummer Guru

My RC!
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 09:22 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
My RC! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey VTSTOMPER, Here are a few more good sites for CYCLES:
Cycleforums 600RR.net Aprilia forums

And for your RC51 RC51.org

I have tons more if you need any more info. I've owned several Aprilia's and Honda's and a Duc is in the future.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Hummer Guru

I used to go to RC51.org all the time...that and the blade forum. I have never been to 600RR.net, I will have to check it out. I am a mod at .org so I am kinda bias!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Hummer Guru

well - I am looking at bikes again, but I doubt it is going to be something like I had before. Today I saw a friends HD Vrod, and I really liked it. I didn't know porsche had a hand in the motor...very cool.