H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-05-2004, 03:08 PM

Maj.Drew is off the scale

While waiting for my new '05 adventure hummer,with Air suspension. I have read through the forums on all the various comments on exhaust. So please, dont tell me to read the postings.

Somewhere I read where someone had done some dyno testing on all the various exhausts. Well, I cant seem to find it anymore.

So here are my questions:

1) what is the best exhaust out there for performance, and no excessive cab resonance? I dont care about looks that much, but dont want to get to crazy with interior noise.

I narrowed downt to B&B, Bassani, Borla, and Bassani, I dont care about price too much, but I do care about durrability, and have read some problems with hangers and the such.

2) I have called everyone for headers, and its seems as though the best will be 304SS. Howevever, I narrowed my search down to Borla, and Bassani, and no on has them for '05 yet.
Any comments on headers?

I was thinking of a future install on a Supercharger, but asking the guys at Superchargers.com, they dont recommend, as I will be doing excessive idling with the AC on.

Comments on Superchargers?

Please need your help. H2 is in this Wed. and I want to order my exhaust, as I have a trip to the Northwest planned.

Regards,

Maj. Drew S.
USMC Ret.
\'05 H2 Adventure Desert Sand, NAV, DVD, XM, Leather, Sunroof, Airaid MIT, Airaid Filter Front and Rear Xtacy Lights, Blackend out Everything, Not one but two hard cargo carriers, Raytheon Night Vision, Magnuson Magna Charger, B&B Cat back... still wo

While waiting for my new '05 adventure hummer,with Air suspension. I have read through the forums on all the various comments on exhaust. So please, dont tell me to read the postings.

Somewhere I read where someone had done some dyno testing on all the various exhausts. Well, I cant seem to find it anymore.

1) what is the best exhaust out there for performance, and no excessive cab resonance? I dont care about looks that much, but dont want to get to crazy with interior noise.

I narrowed downt to B&B, Bassani, Borla, and Bassani, I dont care about price too much, but I do care about durrability, and have read some problems with hangers and the such.

2) I have called everyone for headers, and its seems as though the best will be 304SS. Howevever, I narrowed my search down to Borla, and Bassani, and no on has them for '05 yet.
Any comments on headers?

I was thinking of a future install on a Supercharger, but asking the guys at Superchargers.com, they dont recommend, as I will be doing excessive idling with the AC on.

Please need your help. H2 is in this Wed. and I want to order my exhaust, as I have a trip to the Northwest planned.

Regards,

Maj. Drew S.
USMC Ret.
\'05 H2 Adventure Desert Sand, NAV, DVD, XM, Leather, Sunroof, Airaid MIT, Airaid Filter Front and Rear Xtacy Lights, Blackend out Everything, Not one but two hard cargo carriers, Raytheon Night Vision, Magnuson Magna Charger, B&B Cat back... still wo

Any comments on headers?

Regards,

Maj. Drew S.
USMC Ret.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Blue is off the scale

Mag.Drew,
What part of the country are you in? You might find that you have other Hummer owners from this forum and in your area that will let you listen to their modified exhaust systems. I have the Basanni and I really like the performance and sound. It doesn't have any annoying resonance and for the price I don’t think you can go wrong. I choose my exhaust after listening to a friend’s car with Basanni exhaust. I live in SoCal and installed the Basanni ceramic headers. They're Cal legal, long headers which will provide you with better performance than short headers, but it does require minor welding infront of the cats.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:55 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I am in the Detroit area, and thank God we dont have the California requirements.

There is a lot of information out there, and I as far as the headers, no one has said the '05's are available. On your Bassani headers, did ?

Thanks

Drew
Old 07-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Borla headers and B&B Tri-flow with the offraod tip (stock location). I love it, but it is loud.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

Tip
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

How about a supercharger for $14.95?

http://www.esuperchargers.com

Old 07-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I am running the B&B Headers and Tri-Flo Exhaust. The quality and fit and finish has been perfect.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

Blue is off the scale

Maj Drew,
What did you get?
Old 07-12-2004, 05:39 PM

Nothing as of yet. Still looking, but after seeing some in "real life'" I have decided that there is a need for the off road tip. The others look nice, but I do off road and go in the woods alot. I sure hate to snap off one of those pretty things.

So, now the Borla is out - which i was leaning towards. Maybe now just the corsa and off road tip. BTW.... I have searched and cant find the B&B with the off road tip.

Maj. Drew
Old 07-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

You can see the B&B tip but it does not get in the way as I have not hit mine. I am running the dual tips.
Attached Images

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:12 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Check out KenP's exhaust----looks great and has an off-road tip.

Magneson SC's are fantastic on an H2--best product I put on mine to date. I am not sure what you mean by long idle periods. In traffic????

Please get 304SS headers when they are available---last forever and have better heat disapation (sp). I like Borla and the B&B--no research done on Bassani. My B&B's fit perfect but from what I have heard, so does Borla.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:23 AM

Tbarrow, great pic! I am assuming that is the B&B exhaust. Looks like it tuck up better than the corsa. I might end up going with that or the Corsa with the offroad tip. Still havent decided.

And H2mildandwild, when I am referring to idling, belive it or not, I haul a show dog around. He is a 150lb male Bullmastiff, and sometimes at the shows when it gets really hot, I put him up in the truck and let it idle for an hour or so to cool him down - now there is a good reason for a Duramax Diesel.

So, I really want to put a supercharger on, but I dont think it would be good with the excessive idling.

Thanks for the info on the headers. B&B and Borla seem the way to go.

Also, I just put on an AirAid MIT, and AirAid filter, I have noticed a little hesitation now. I might wait to see if the computer compensates for it. I know that the Stock system with all the chambers was a good thing - as it was designed to elimnate negitve pressure on accelleration - any body else have this problem?

Maj. Drew
USMC Ret.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Hummer Messiah

Maj. I will only mention this because you are considering a SC. I had the AiRaid on mine and it did not stop whistling. kdio had the same problem. This terrible, incessant, high pitched whistle that would drive your poor dog crazy evertime you stepped on the gas. I switched to a K&N until something better comes along.